IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Am I one of the few who is really rather relieved by this?  Apart from the fact that he’s 29 and has done very little since that playoff final, I’m very happy with Cam Pring who I think has the potential to be a better player than Joe Bryan.

No, I found it rather odd to be signing an evidently expensive player in Pring’s position when clearly he’s the one who has the shirt and we needed recruitment elsewhere on the pitch. 
On hindsight I believe that it was an opportunistic move from both parties that, at first, seemed like a good idea but after reading the posts on OTIB turned out to be rubbish. 

16 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Am I one of the few who is really rather relieved by this?  Apart from the fact that he’s 29 and has done very little since that playoff final, I’m very happy with Cam Pring who I think has the potential to be a better player than Joe Bryan.

No, I think there are quite a lot of “you” who feel the same way.

I’m in the other camp, I think he would’ve improved us…but hey-ho, opinions n all that. ??

I don’t see Millwall taking to Joe. 1, there's his relaxed attitude to rolling his sleeves up and getting back goal-side (source: @Harry), and 2. He has publicly admitted he reads books. Plus he has openly talked about his mental health. And his dad is educated and clever.

A few ropey performances early doors and that'll be it, he'll be a "I love you."

• Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Medical at Millwall today - announced tmrw. 

But I was ASSURED he was definitely signing and it was a done deal and all that jazz, just read the thread!

And people don't lie on the Internet.

Don't suppose anyone has the number for a good tattoo removal service?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

But I was ASSURED he was definitely signing and it was a done deal and all that jazz, just read the thread!

You do realise that a deal was done then he had second thoughts right?

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Things change. It doesn't mean anyone lied.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Clearly is wasn't done, otherwise it would have been signed and completed.

Nobody said here that he had signed rather that an agreement had been reached. Nigel said yesterday that it would have been a expensive deal for us, which confirms the position.

Nigel also confirmed that Joe then had second thoughts so the signing didn't happen.

So nobody 'lied on the internet' as you claim.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I wouldn’t have minded both of them in the team together

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Quite right -

Didn't want to be part of the squad, per se - more a first choice start, if fit.

Very happy with the way we (Nigel) go about things, so for those whom this particular suit don't fit???......

Thanks, but no thanks ?

13 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I wouldn’t have minded both of them in the team together

I think Joe has proved himself to be a right messer, loved him as a player but we have moved on , I think he will regret this in the long run.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Millwall and wages, had a quick look

Not quite so low now. £13,396,000 in 2017-18, £22,316,000 in 2021-22. That is a rise in about 4-5 years of 70%. Albeit from a fairly low base.

And I suspect their cost base (wages and amortisation) went up again last season!

image.png.3a643508f7a810df145c578e6d95f690.png

image.png.41706bf8a2433306714554df9c61105c.png

Those loans weren’t cheap!  Styles was a loan also

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

But wouldn’t that have meant moving either Pring or Bryan from their preferred position ? 

We tried him at Full Back - it wasn't his best position. Fulham tried him at Full Back too - that didn't work out either.

Maybe he's not a Full Back!

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Where was that announcement 

I did read an article on twitter the other day saying it was all tied up but then Bryan came to Pearson and spoke of his doubts. Pearson said he respected him for saying so. There was also something about how Bryan would have been an expensive signing had it been concluded and how he didn't want it completed unless Bryan was 100% committed. 

• Robin 1

37 minutes ago, Spike said:

I did read an article on twitter the other day saying it was all tied up but then Bryan came to Pearson and spoke of his doubts. Pearson said he respected him for saying so. There was also something about how Bryan would have been an expensive signing had it been concluded and how he didn't want it completed unless Bryan was 100% committed. 

Fair enough mate,is he mugging millwall off then I guess,good lad 

• Like 3