IGNORED

U20 World Cup - Television Coverage

Bristol Rob

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

This is where the Cat 1 players will struggle, they don’t know how to change gears to force the issue 

2 maybe 3 balls played into their box in extra time…. Should have been able to make Italy be camped in their third 

Just now, Davefevs said:

Boils my piss.

it can only be bias (corruption?) , nothing else.

there is just no way it’s handball by the rules.

fuming ?

I agree. But we were a bit crap! It’s pretty obvious why so many clubs are preparing to pay an oil shieks ransom for someone 

Our manager really messed that scenario up.  3 players off the plane having missed 3 games and he starts 2 of them. 

That's so patently a poor decision from all angles.  If he'd left them on the bench he'd have been in such a stronger position.   And I still cannot get my head around that Jebbison not even getting on the pitch.

England clearly have an agreement with the 'big 6' about picking their Academy players. The 2 Chelsea players down our left aren't good enough and one of them is the captain?  Scott and Edwards looked like the actual leaders.

• Like 1

Anyway, I don't think this tournament has done Scott any harm, nothing shocking from him and today we got to see him playing alongside a £20m player, I think that helped justify what we're asking for Scott. While Chukwuemeka looked flashy in parts the all round whole player was Scott. 

• Like 1

Just now, REDOXO said:

I agree. But we were a bit crap! It’s pretty obvious why so many clubs are preparing to pay an oil shieks ransom for someone 

Whether we were crap or not is irrelevant….that penalty decision is corruption at the highest level 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Very poor decision won it in the end, but I thought we were far too scrappy again. Lost count of the times we over ran a ball trying to dribble or let a ball bounce up through miscontrol. The pitch looked very poor, but Italy seemed to manage a lot better.  VAR and a Ref loving the limelight grabbing the headlines again.

Just now, Lrrr said:

Anyway, I don't think this tournament has done Scott any harm, nothing shocking from him and today we got to see him playing alongside a £20m player, I think that helped justify what we're asking for Scott. While Chukwuemeka looked flashy in parts the all round whole player was Scott. 

I feel a bit David Brent like. The good news is Scott played well ...

8 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Whether we were crap or not is irrelevant….that penalty decision is corruption at the highest level 

3 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

England so poor going forward, Vale looked awful, just kick and hope.

Never a penalty, how can it be a clear and obvious mistake when Var take so long to look at it.

England got what they deserved 

?? 

9 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Our manager really messed that scenario up.  3 players off the plane having missed 3 games and he starts 2 of them. 

That's so patently a poor decision from all angles.  If he'd left them on the bench he'd have been in such a stronger position.   And I still cannot get my head around that Jebbison not even getting on the pitch.

England clearly have an agreement with the 'big 6' about picking their Academy players. The 2 Chelsea players down our left aren't good enough and one of them is the captain?  Scott and Edwards looked like the actual leaders.

I agreed with Norton-Cuffy in I don't rate Oyegoke so was fine with him being left out. Chukwuemeka hasn't really played that much so really just depended what he was like getting off the plane, but I agree that I wouldn't have broken the Scott/Gyabi partnership that was working well, for me Chukwuekema should have been a 10 with Devine. The issue for England down the left is I'm not sure we actually have much down the left as an alternative.

My issue with Foster was that he was slow making changes, should have been more of a shake up mid 2nd half (easy for me to say sat on a sofa) but tournament football for U19's is tough, you could see the intensity in the group wasn't there, Scott was fine as he plays a lot on one or two touches at most (apart from his breaks dribbling) and he's economical with his movement around the pitch. Equally after they score it takes him about 10 minutes to make a change and then we're 5/6 minutes into extra time and subs only have 5 minutes to do something. Shape should have changed after going behind, don't need 3 at the back anymore.

This age group if they want to be successful as an U21's age group need new outside CB's, if there's a better LWB in a younger age group promote them and unless you have a striker who can play 1 up top, not convinced Scarlett can, then you probably need to switch to one '10' and play two up top.

Edited by Lrrr

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I wonder if part of the reason Scotty stood out is because the Ashton Gate pitch has been so poor? Some of the players looked like they didn't trust it, looking to get a good foothold and taking extra touches, before even attempting a pass.

Ashton Gate has been nowhere near as bad, that was worse than a lot of league two clubs

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Ashton Gate has been nowhere near as bad, that was worse than a lot of league two clubs

There will be league 2 clubs with a better surface than the shite we played on last season. More like a skating rink than a football pitch. That’s the downside of Bristol Sport for you - Desso pitch didn’t last it’s lifetime is my understanding because it is over used.

Edited by Numero Uno

9 hours ago, Lrrr said:

I thought he was poor last night, rarely looked to get on the ball in the bits I watched (struggled to stay awake mind so didn't see it all)

Pitch was dreadful and not sure how that handball was given. Some much needed rest now though for Scott.

I wonder if part of the reason Scotty stood out is because the Ashton Gate pitch has been so poor? Some of the players looked like they didn't trust it, looking to get a good foothold and taking extra touches, before even attempting a pass.

I don’t think our pitch is that bad, just not as good as it has been (high bar).  It’s better than several clubs in our division imho, and undoubtedly better than many more in Lg1 and Lg2!

Let’s not forget Scott has outstanding technique, will have played many more games with burly CMs putting his first touch under pressure….and he’s come through that in exemplary fashion.  So he’s gonna trust himself against his age group opponents.  Some of his teammates won’t have had that exposure, and it showed up during this tournament.

I think the other thing is the maturity of his game.  He’s pass and move, several of his teammates are still playing u12 “I can dribble past everyone” type footie.  Look at Chuka last night, he’s bloody good, but how many times did he get caught on the ball, dribble into opponents etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I thought he was poor last night, rarely looked to get on the ball in the bits I watched (struggled to stay awake mind so didn't see it all)

Pitch was dreadful and not sure how that handball was given. Some much needed rest now though for Scott.

Different role last night for him….much more the DM because he was alongside Chuka who is more the flair player.  He had to be aware of their no10 too, so couldn’t be expansive.  I thought it was very noticeable that his game was stifled because of this, and he became more involved when Gyaki came on and Chuka went to play LF.  I thought in the group games Gyaki and Scott complimented each other well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alex Scott stood out because of his footballing quality and not because the pitches were no better than those on Durham Down in February!

And the Ashton Gate pitch has been, IMO, at about 95% of normal and to compare it with  the ploughed fields in Argentina is grossly unfair.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Different role last night for him….much more the DM because he was alongside Chuka who is more the flair player.  He had to be aware of their no10 too, so couldn’t be expansive.  I thought it was very noticeable that his game was stifled because of this, and he became more involved when Gyaki came on and Chuka went to play LF.  I thought in the group games Gyaki and Scott complimented each other well.

Thanks, I missed the group games and as I say I was trying to stay awake so wasn't paying as much attention. I was just hoping to see the Scott that we saw at City all season but didn't really get that... now I understand why

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Thanks, I missed the group games and as I say I was trying to stay awake so wasn't paying as much attention. I was just hoping to see the Scott that we saw at City all season but didn't really get that... now I understand why

That’s only my logic as to why.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I thought the whole team looked better after the subs. I hope there was no pandering to the "big Cubs" thinking. 

It's Not a thinking thing. It's an informal arrangement. England get there best players available in exchange there are a few others picked from these clubs which boosts the reputation of the elite academies.  

I'm genuinely angry that Dane Scarlett has been favoured over Jebbison ftom Sheffield United. Appalling decision 

• Like 2