IGNORED

U20 World Cup - Television Coverage

Bristol Rob

Get in 2-0....little bit of physicality back at the Uruguay CB and we get the ball in a good position...good pass, early shot by Devine, keeper can't get set and goal.

I do like Leeds's Gyabi alongside Scott.

Still can't work out what Scarlett brings up top???

The RWB (Oyegoke) having a better game tonight.  Edwards impressive again, Cox also.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malago said:

Have that Luis Suarez you dirty biting cheat.

? 

They are niggly bunch. A lot of rolling around and feigning. However I think the ref has been firm. 

Pitch looks like Twerton and some of our passing has been short, but they’ve earned their lead. Scott looks the best player out there by a distance 

Just now, grifty said:

What a nasty bunch of knobheads the Uruguayans are.

Glad to see Scott made their mouthy no.5 cry at the end of the half.

If they concentrated less on play acting and fouling/cheating they might be okay. 

I can see a mass brawl and a red card coming up in the second half.

• Like 2

England seemed to take a while to get a grip of conditions, so many misplaced passes and poor touches. Improved as the game went on. I know I'm biased , but Scott looks like someone playing in an agegroup below him. Looks so calm and aware.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I though so too, but it might be confirmation bias.

I can confirm that he was the best player even if I could be accused of bias! 

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

England seemed to take a while to get a grip of conditions, so many misplaced passes and poor touches. Improved as the game went on. I know I'm biased , but Scott looks like someone playing in an agegroup below him. Looks so calm and aware.

Exactly 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Was just about to say, ‘calm’ is the word I would have chosen. Lots of charging around but Alex always seem to have a yard to just decide what to do rather than trying to show how good by trying to dribble past six on a cabbage patch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Was just about to say, ‘calm’ is the word I would have chosen. Lots of charging around but Alex always seem to have a yard to just decide what to do rather than trying to show how good by trying to dribble past six on a cabbage patch.

"At the highest level, the first two yards are in your head".

• Like 3