IGNORED

U20 World Cup - Television Coverage

Bristol Rob

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I suspect you are thinking of Argentina and Antonio Rattin.

Uruguay was a group game, 0-0, although I don’t recall anything else about the match itself, except that Bobby Charlton played well, probably ?.

Yes, I know about Rattin etc., but Uruguay were horrible too, anti football, shirt tugging time wasters.

On 23/05/2023 at 16:12, bcfc01 said:

He could play for England despite his caps for Scotland U21s.

If you follow the FIFA regulations through, which are based on a sovereign nation, anyone qualifying for any of the 4 home nations, plus Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man, and a bunch of other countries, qualifies for all of them regardless of any games played and in what tournaments.  So Conway could play for Scotland in the World Cup qualifiers, and when they fail to qualify again he could play for England in the World Cup Finals.

It is only a "gentleman's agreement" between the four nations and various other islands, territories etc which stops this happening. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hxj said:

If you follow the FIFA regulations through, which are based on a sovereign nation, anyone qualifying for any of the 4 home nations, plus Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man, and a bunch of other countries, qualifies for all of them regardless of any games played and in what tournaments.  So Conway could play for Scotland in the World Cup qualifiers, and when they fail to qualify again he could play for England in the World Cup Finals.

It is only a "gentleman's agreement" between the four nations and various other islands, territories etc which stops this happening. 

Alex Scott could play for Wales too. 

11 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Absolutely.

The difference is here;

Going off on a Conway tangent here...

He's brilliant at the side foot finish and very good in the air.

Can't think of any goals where he laced it? Or many shots where he's laced it. Does he have that Sheareresque power shot in his armoury?

Edited by mozo

20 minutes ago, mozo said:

Going off on a Conway tangent here...

He's brilliant at the side foot finish and very good in the air.

Can't think of any goals where he laced it? Or many shots where he's laced it. Does he have that Sheareresque power shot in his armoury?

I think Conway is very similar to Shearer in his teens/younger days.

I've not seen a power shot from Conway, but I never noticed Shearer having that in his younger days either (could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time).

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think Conway is very similar to Shearer in his teens/younger days.

I've not seen a power shot from Conway, but I never noticed Shearer having that in his younger days either (could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time).

Coincidentally Adrian Clarke said on the Totally Football Show podcast earlier in the season that Tommy reminded him of a young Shearer. So you are not alone!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

As an aside, with Tunisia beating Iraq 3-0 I make it that it means England have qualified from their group for the knock out rounds with a game to spare.

England qualified after beating Uruguay.

I've not seen any team to be wary of tbh, including Argentina which the commentator is fawning over at the moment - had to switch off sound.

16 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

England qualified after beating Uruguay.

I've not seen any team to be wary of tbh, including Argentina which the commentator is fawning over at the moment - had to switch off sound.

Was looking at being certain of top two, forgot a pile of 3rd finishers also qualify. Agree we are certainly in the mix but there is always a randomness playing in South America.

Expect as much rotation as we can in that last game then, give as many a rest before the knockout matches, wouldn't be shocked for Simons to come in for Scott, wouldn't be shocked for something like 

Beadle (If Cox rested)

Quansah.   Edwards.    Humphreys

Oyagoke                                                               Samuels

Simons.      Gyabi/Scott(45 each)

Edozie.          Joseph

Jebbison/Delap

2 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Late Uruguay winner means England dropped to 2nd in the group and will play Italy now though .

Not ideal ..

Not true , we won the group with seven points, as we beat Uruguay six was the maximum they could get , Italy came second in their group 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

Not true , we won the group with seven points, as we beat Uruguay six was the maximum they could get , Italy came second in their group 

Ha sorry.

Just assumed that .

Fair enough.

Didn’t realise they were in the same group as Brazil.

Guess it’s the way the draw has gone.

Coming top we were always going to get a tough one .

Whereas coming 2nd might have made it a bit “easier “?

Got to play the best at some point in reality though.

Edited by Markthehorn