IGNORED

U20 World Cup - Television Coverage

Bristol Rob

3 hours ago, Malago said:

I believe you’re only tied to a particular country once you’ve appeared in a competitive full international.

Exactly, would a friendly not be considered a full international?

I guess what I’m struggling with is the definition of competitive! 

Edited by REDOXO

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Don’t believe so, believe it has to be a competitive fixture ie qualifier or competition, however I expect nations league now counts as well so there are probably few genuine friendlies left 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I guess what I’m struggling with is the definition of competitive! 

Basically competitive would be a competition organised by a Federation ( Uefa or FIFA say) , Friendlies can be organised by respective FA's and not necessarily governed by the same rules like Subs etc.
At least that's my take.

That's an interesting article @Davefevs , missed that completely . No wonder people get confused, being able (potentially) to play for 2 Nations in the same Tournament is a big change.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Basically competitive would be a competition organised by a Federation ( Uefa or FIFA say) , Friendlies can be organised by respective FA's and not necessarily governed by the same rules like Subs etc.
At least that's my take.

That's an interesting article @Davefevs , missed that completely . No wonder people get confused, being able (potentially) to play for 2 Nations in the same Tournament is a big change.

I might’ve posted the link…didn’t say I understood it ???

• Haha 1

Much tougher game for England tonight against Uruguay who beat Iraq 4-0 in their first game.

England without a few players thanks to the intransigence of Chelsea in denying permission for Chukwuemeka to join the squad until their season is over. He's had hardly any first team game time this season since he made the daft decision to join them from Villa (£18m) with 12 appearances averaging under 20 minutes per game and, aside from 9 minutes against Man. City (probably to justify their decidion to keep him here)  not been in the squad for the previous 7 games. He's a very influential player for England and, with Chelsea's season over, its a particularly mean spirited decision regardless of any injuries they may have. 

A couple playing in the play-offs can't be helped. Ronnie Edwards was back in the squad after Peterborough were beaten in their play-off.

Looking forward to this one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Much tougher game for England tonight against Uruguay who beat Iraq 4-0 in their first game.

England without a few players thanks to the intransigence of Chelsea in denying permission for Chukwuemeka to join the squad until their season is over. He's had hardly any first team game time this season since he made the daft decision to join them from Villa (£18m) with 12 appearances averaging under 20 minutes per game and, aside from 9 minutes against Man. City (probably to justify their decidion to keep him here)  not been in the squad for the previous 7 games. He's a very influential player for England and, with Chelsea's season over, its a particularly mean spirited decision regardless of any injuries they may have. 

A couple playing in the play-offs can't be helped. Ronnie Edwards was back in the squad after Peterborough were beaten in their play-off.

Looking forward to this one.

I'm with you on Chukweumeka. He was complaining he wasn't getting games at Villa but did he really think he would get more at Chelsea?

The irony is that with Emery coming he might have got more games at Villa, perhaps joining Ramsey in midfield.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I'm with you on Chukweumeka. He was complaining he wasn't getting games at Villa but did he really think he would get more at Chelsea?

The irony is that with Emery coming he might have got more games at Villa, perhaps joining Ramsey in midfield.

My general feeling is that young players are too quick to move upwards (what they perceive to be upwards anyway).

Its similar to most walks of life, people too quick to chase the next promotion, before they are truly competent,

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

My general feeling is that young players are too quick to move upwards (what they perceive to be upwards anyway).

Its similar to most walks of life, people too quick to chase the next promotion, before they are truly competent,

Some of them do it at 14 when the big club comes along and how often does it ever work? I admit it takes a brave parent to say no to Man City, Chelsea or Liverpool but had one or two I know shown that bravery their lads would probably be in a far better place now.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Some of them do it at 14 when the big club comes along and how often does it ever work? I admit it takes a brave parent to say no to Man City, Chelsea or Liverpool but had one or two I know shown that bravery their lads would probably be in a far better place now.

I think the problem is that saying no can be seen as a lack of ambition or self confidence, when actually it should be seen as positive thing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BCFCAL said:

Mental as Chukweumeka was apparently offered a £100,000 a week contract to stay at Villa too, so was obviously very highly rated there. Bad decision IMO, but he may have had his reasons! 

Yeah bad decision definitely. However, he gets knocked down but he’ll get up again.

• Haha 6