IGNORED

Massengo Contract

I believe that he has taken us for a ride in the last twelve months at least. He is a skilful footballer yet has promised so much in his time here yet has hardly performed to our benefit. I know it sounds a bit nasty from me, but good riddance for the money we spent on him in fee and wages and got very little back in return.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I believe that he has taken us for a ride in the last twelve months at least. He is a skilful footballer yet has promised so much in his time here yet has hardly performed to our benefit. I know it sounds a bit nasty from me, but good riddance for the money we spent on him in fee and wages and got very little back in return.

I get it's your opinion but I disagree.

He made it clear he wanted to leave/have a new challenge but remained fit and ready through out and always gave 100%.

I honestly don't get the club/pearson refusing to use an asset. The way I look at it is youbsign a player for X amount for X number of years. You can't guarantee they will stay for longer so use them for the period you purchased them for.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

29 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

How has he taken us for a ride?

He kept himself fit, he made himself available (played in u21s too), he played when selected, had some good games this season too.

”Good riddance” sounds exactly as you state - nasty.

Each to their own.

• Like 13
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 4

18 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

I get it's your opinion but I disagree.

He made it clear he wanted to leave/have a new challenge but remained fit and ready through out and always gave 100%.

I honestly don't get the club/pearson refusing to use an asset. The way I look at it is youbsign a player for X amount for X number of years. You can't guarantee they will stay for longer so use them for the period you purchased them for.

If contract negotiations are ongoing I can agree with that but once a player says **** you and at the same time costing you a shed load of loss on any transfer fee they are only there to be used in the event of injuries imo.

I think Nige couldn’t be any clearer……only players who want to play for the club will play for the club.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He kept himself fit, he made himself available (played in u21s too), he played when selected, had some good games this season too.

Each to their own.

Good Riddance is a bit strong perhaps but I can’t say I’m gutted the lad is going. Clubs in our position need bang for our buck and with Massengo we didn’t quite get that imo. I’m sure in a year or two he’ll be showing us what might have been but for us we need players who don’t spend 3 years being nearly what we want. Best for all parties that he moved on “.

It’s not about the transfer fee either. Take Sykes, a relatively low cost compared to quite a few we’ve signed but in terms of value he gave us that last season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

He's a nice guy isn't he.

Ps @Nogbad the Bad have we got all the answers needed to mark the "Mildly Interesting" predictions yet?

Hi Exiled, Good reminder re. the Mildly Interesting, there were a few questions where I couldn't find definitive correct answers.

I've worked my way through a few of them, but still 1 or 2.

I'll resurrect the thread over the next few days to see if we can come up with the right answers that we all agree on and then we can total up our scores from there.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Good Riddance is a bit strong perhaps but I can’t say I’m gutted the lad is going. Clubs in our position need bang for our buck and with Massengo we didn’t quite get that imo. I’m sure in a year or two he’ll be showing us what might have been but for us we need players who don’t spend 3 years being nearly what we want. Best for all parties that he moved on “.

It’s not about the transfer fee either. Take Sykes, a relatively low cost compared to quite a few we’ve signed but in terms of value he gave us that last season.

It’s the “hostility” from some fans I don’t get.  I couldn’t give a toss individual opinions on him as a player, I’m happy to agree / disagree / discuss / debate, but some of the shit I read, not just Han either (see Bryan too) is incredible.  Contracts work both ways too.

Where has Massengo said “eff you” and / or stopped us getting a transfer fee?

(We are gonna get some compensation too)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If contract negotiations are ongoing I can agree with that but once a player says **** you and at the same time costing you a shed load of loss on any transfer fee they are only there to be used in the event of injuries imo.

I think Nige couldn’t be any clearer……only players who want to play for the club will play for the club.

Right so if you buy a car on finance for £10k say for 4 years and the dealer tells you at end of year 3 that you can't extend it would you say **** it then I'm not driving it for the final year or would you think lets make the most of this asset I have paid for?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s the “hostility” from some fans I don’t get.  I couldn’t give a toss individual opinions on him as a player, I’m happy to agree / disagree / discuss / debate, but some of the shit I read, not just Han either (see Bryan too) is incredible.  Contracts work both ways too.

Where has Massengo said “eff you” and / or stopped us getting a transfer fee?

(We are gonna get some compensation too)

Ok, it’s a figure of speech. His exact words were probably not **** off but he certainly made it clear very early that he was off. Fair of him for being honest but once you do that you can’t complain (I’m not saying HE did) if the Manager says thanks but no thanks on picking him.

Contracts work both ways, getting selected only works one, certainly with the current Manager. You get picked or you don’t.

We all know the compo will be nowhere near our outlay over three years and for that outlay and what he gave us I’m not in tears at seeing him try his luck elsewhere as is his prerogative.

Thats my point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

How has he taken us for a ride, he saw out his agreed contract, gave the club plenty of notice he wanted to leave and never through his toys out of the pram,

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

Right so if you buy a car on finance for £10k say for 4 years and the dealer tells you at end of year 3 that you can't extend it would you say **** it then I'm not driving it for the final year or would you think lets make the most of this asset I have paid for?

Massengo isn’t a car and most of us don’t have 25 cars to choose from when we leave the house in the morning. But if I had 25 cars, some I bought and others given to me and I knew I was selling one of the flashier ones at a loss I might be tempted to drive a car I know I’m keeping.

Nige didn’t purchase Massengo and when the lad made it clear he was off I think Nige had the right to make the call on whether he goes with a committed player or one who is running his contract down particularly when the player isn’t even a shoe-in for selection anyway.

I don’t think we are used to having a bloke in charge who thinks long term having been “clubs in the sodding bag” for way too long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

That's slightly different isn't it? 

As HNM didn't want to commit his future to the club, Pearson saw no reason for us to continue to invest in him.

It's all about setting that culture aswell. Pearson simply could not select a player who's not brought into our vision over someone that has. With Pearson, you're either all in, or all out. There is no in-between. 

Whilst I understand the "we've paid for him so should use him" argument, when you think of the bigger picture of him blocking the pathway and using up our staffing resources then I can understand and agree with Pearsons stance. 

I think it's a real shame he didn't want to continue his time here. I think Pearson would have turned him into a cracking player. 

Vyner will find himself in the same position if he doesn't agree something soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Each to their own.

Have to disagree with you Dave I personally thought his performances were poor , every body still talking about the one game he played well , Preston away last season , says it all really 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redkev said:

Have to disagree with you Dave I personally thought his performances were poor , every body still talking about the one game he played well , Preston away last season , says it all really 

As I’ve said I can discuss all day long about our players.  Do people really only talk about Preston (a) last season, as the one game he played well?  That probably tells me a lot! ??‍♂️

Anyway, it’s futile, he’s off.  I look forward to seeing where he ends up and how his career plays out.

But worth all posters remembering, Massengo didn’t set the fee when he joined.

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

As HNM didn't want to commit his future to the club, Pearson saw no reason for us to continue to invest in him.

It's all about setting that culture aswell. Pearson simply could not select a player who's not brought into our vision over someone that has. With Pearson, you're either all in, or all out. There is no in-between. 

Whilst I understand the "we've paid for him so should use him" argument, when you think of the bigger picture of him blocking the pathway and using up our staffing resources then I can understand and agree with Pearsons stance. 

I think it's a real shame he didn't want to continue his time here. I think Pearson would have turned him into a cracking player. 

Vyner will find himself in the same position if he doesn't agree something soon.

Agree.

And you have to question whether knowing Han wanted to leave (not extend) that far back whether we missed an opportunity (for whatever reason) to move him on last summer.  On the flip-side maybe he resisted too.  I don’t know.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, redkev said:

4 Years.

Goals -  0  Assists - 2

Says it all - did not really impact to many games.

We all wanted him to be a successful.

He got plenty of chances.

Ran around a lot.

Simply not good enough.

Over rated because was young and French.

Massive waste of Money - Thanks LJ and MA.

Expensive gamble and looked a huge risk and it was…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, redkev said:

Completely agree with this. He really didn’t show us anything apart from a few isolated games. People talk about “potential” and I do think he’s got it, but, if you compare him against Alex Scott, it’s different leagues I’m afraid. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Completely agree with this. He really didn’t show us anything apart from a few isolated games. People talk about “potential” and I do think he’s got it, but, if you compare him against Alex Scott, it’s different leagues I’m afraid. 

It will be interesting to see in ten years who has had the better career.

5 hours ago, Pearsonistheman said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuPArwNoWn5/?igshid=MTIzZWMxMTBkOA==

He’s just uploaded a nice video about his time with the club and a goodbye message.

Don’t remember a player ever doing anything like that before, really nice touch. It’s all a bit disappointing really, for a time I thought he would be something special for us; but this is a classy exit. 

Just now, Super said:

It will be interesting to see in ten years who has had the better career.

Probably Alex in fairness, but that doesn’t make Massengo a bad player.

Too much focus on goals / assists….jeez some on here have been criticising Scott too. I honestly don’t know what to say! ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

1 minute ago, One Team said:

Don’t remember a player ever doing anything like that before, really nice touch. It’s all a bit disappointing really, for a time I thought he would be something special for us; but this is a classy exit. 

Go and watch Mads Andersen’s leaving tweet for Barnsley. ???

55 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Hi Exiled, Good reminder re. the Mildly Interesting, there were a few questions where I couldn't find definitive correct answers.

I've worked my way through a few of them, but still 1 or 2.

I'll resurrect the thread over the next few days to see if we can come up with the right answers that we all agree on and then we can total up our scores from there.

I'd suggest you just use whatever I put if you're unsure!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I suspect that he’s got his own gripes about the way he’s sometimes been played and managed.

But comparing his goodbye with yours, all I’ll say is that his is generous and gracious and yours is…..well, you said it yourself really! 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

42 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yeah it possibly is a bit different but the point is use what is available to you.

If HNM was a dick and strolled around the pitch not caring I would let him rot but that wasn't the case and Pearson made it clear several times how professional he was about it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gratz260689 said:

Premier league player in waiting, probably the second most talented player in our squad apart from Scott!! 

You must have watched him in training or in the park , I saw him play just a handful of decent games if that , the game use to just pass him by , don’t get me wrong always had a good attitude tried his best but like many others have said just didn’t click at the time , 

• Like 2