IGNORED

FA Cup Final match thread

Porto Red

In the last few days I've watched two cup finals. 

We invented the beautiful game and I certainly prefer our version to UEFA's.

I think it was just two bookings today whereas the other night the amount of cheating and dissent on and off the pitch was absolutely disgusting and sets a poor example to everyone.

In sport there is a way to win and a way to lose. Fair play to both Manchester teams.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Half of Wembley clearing already 

If I remember correctly when city lost to windass I couldn’t get out of the place quick enough don’t blame them ,

what astonished me was when I got back to the pub in Osterley there were Hull fans in there already and mark my words I was out of Wembley and on the tube in record time 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Swede said:

In the last few days I've watched two cup finals. 

We invented the beautiful game and I certainly prefer our version to UEFA's.

I think it was just two bookings today whereas the other night the amount of cheating and dissent on and off the pitch was absolutely disgusting and sets a poor example to everyone.

In sport there is a way to win and a way to lose. Fair play to both Manchester teams.

Spot on played in a good spirit now histrionics and a decent atmosphere, 

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I can only assume the people who are shocked that penalty was given by VAR haven't watched much PL football this season.

It's not corruption or any nonsense like that, just a shit rule being applied consistently. It has been all season in that league.

According to Lineker its getting changed for next season. 

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I can only assume the people who are shocked that penalty was given by VAR haven't watched much PL football this season.

It's not corruption or any nonsense like that, just a shit rule being applied consistently. It has been all season in that league.

I wouldn't say consistently,  only depending which team you are?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Midred said:

I wouldn't say consistently,  only depending which team you are?

No, it's been pretty consistent all season long, and certainly not favouring particular teams.

It's not a conspiracy, no matter how much people want it to be.

1 hour ago, Super said:

According to Lineker its getting changed for next season. 

Which goes to show what a nonsense it is!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

A Man United 'fan' arrested at the game for wearing an offensive replica shirt printing, what goes in in these idiots minds?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-hillsborough-fa-cup-30147953

Who knows,? pretty sure there is no one that i ,or anybody on here knows personallly  knows would do that.

Going to a cup final and that's your aim WTF.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Who knows,? pretty sure there is no one that i ,or anybody on here knows personallly  knows would do that.

Going to a cup final and that's your aim WTF.

I must admit iv done some pretty stupid things at football but my god that takes some beating 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

Gündogan does seem to come good at the end of the season .

City always have someone popping up to make a difference.

Didn’t see the penalty but as ever it’s a lottery as to what decision is made .

Shame at the end of the match they didn't have a medal to give to him. Prince William having to explain to him and Kevin De Bruyne that he had no medals to give to them as they'd run out! Surely someone in the FA could count as to how many medals they would need. 

Edited by E.G.Red
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Shame at the end of the match they didn't have a medal to give to him. Prince William having to explain to him and Kevin De Bruyne that he had no medals to give to them as they'd run out! Surely someone in the FA could count as to how many medals they would need. 

The rules of the FA Cup define the number of medals available and I'd assume it's the responsibility of the club to determine who gets them. 

"In addition to The FA Cup, The Association shall present 40 medals to playing staff and officials of both Clubs in the Final." 

20 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

A Man United 'fan' arrested at the game for wearing an offensive replica shirt printing, what goes in in these idiots minds?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-hillsborough-fa-cup-30147953

Horrifying! 

I was just reading the beeb and saw what this utter scum was wearing! 

At least he has his day in court. I hope the book is firmly thrown at him on every level!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Firstly let me say, this is completely idiotic and disgraceful if aimed at Hillsborough - which is obviously most likely.

However, it’s going to be incredibly hard to prove it isn’t referring to Liverpool’s points tally that wasn’t enough to win them the league.

Also turns out this guy has previous, his name is James White and a Britain First activist with assault and arson on his record.