IGNORED

FA Cup Final match thread

Porto Red

On 03/06/2023 at 18:58, Northern Red said:

I can only assume the people who are shocked that penalty was given by VAR haven't watched much PL football this season.

It's not corruption or any nonsense like that, just a shit rule being applied consistently. It has been all season in that league.

Exactly, we have a situation where there are two handball laws, one in the box, one outside the box.

The lawmakers are the problem, no one else.

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Exactly, we have a situation where there are two handball laws, one in the box, one outside the box.

You are right there PB.

Too much interference with the laws, and making them increasingly prescriptive. Add in VAR, which gives opportunity for " outside interference"on decision making, and we've got to where we are.

My feeling is that VAR has effectively undermined referees, who now appear loath to make decisions for fear that VAR will overturn the on field decision, making them look foolish. Instead referees all too often abdicate responsibility for making a decision, in the hope that VAR will pick up "clear and obvious errors", i.e.  errors of omission.

17 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Firstly let me say, this is completely idiotic and disgraceful if aimed at Hillsborough - which is obviously most likely.

However, it’s going to be incredibly hard to prove it isn’t referring to Liverpool’s points tally that wasn’t enough to win them the league.

Also turns out this guy has previous, his name is James White and a Britain First activist with assault and arson on his record.

Yep totally agree, how on earth are they going to prove what it means , also however appalling it is ( if it does mean what we think it means ) what offence has he made , he has offended people , can you get charged for offending people ?

meanwhile just oil protestors continue to cost the country / economy millions of pounds and the police do what ? Ask them if they’re ok and do they need anything. Ummmm 

4 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

The same with fouls inside and outside the box. A mere touch outside the box usually "wins" a free kick yet a grapple inside the box is often overlooked! 

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Yep totally agree, how on earth are they going to prove what it means , also however appalling it is ( if it does mean what we think it means ) what offence has he made , he has offended people , can you get charged for offending people ?

meanwhile just oil protestors continue to cost the country / economy millions of pounds and the police do what ? Ask them if they’re ok and do they need anything. Ummmm 

Yep proving it might be a problem but it's obvious what the shirt meant.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Super said:

Yep proving it might be a problem but it's obvious what the shirt meant.

Total waste of police time & tax payers money , if the police arrested and charged every body who offended people made a **** of them selves think we would all be guilty

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, redkev said:

Total waste of police time & tax payers money , if the police arrested and charged every body who offended people made a **** of them selves think we would all be guilty

What an odd post.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Odd that you think people should be able to do what they want and mock dead people.

Please quote where I said what you are implying , you will be looking a very long time nothing like that on my post you are way off the mark 

On 03/06/2023 at 09:52, Port Said Red said:

I really don't dislike Manchester City at all, the two ties we have had against them their players and fans have been nothing but respectful, and their Manager is an absolute gentleman.

And my man city mates follow us when we play up north whilst they are not playing came to leeds wigan preston and Burnley with us .

• Flames 1