IGNORED

FA Cup Final match thread

Porto Red

I can see why, by the letter of the law, the Grealish incident is a penalty. It's arguable that you have to raise your hands when you jump, but do you have to raise them that high and in that position? I'm not sure. It's soft yes, but I can see how it can be brought within the law.

I'm also not sure the incident on De Bruyne was either careless, reckless or dangerous, so I see why no penalty was awarded there.

I think both incidents are arguable either way though and suspect you'd get disagreement in any room. Two difficult decisions when you consider the precise wording of the relevant laws.

VAR just enforces those laws. It's IFAB not PGMOL you should rail against if you don't like that Grealish penalty.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Penalty clear and obvious error from VAR jacks arm not in un natural position when jumping on field decision correct. 
Several slow motion replays later VAR says take a look ? I may have seen handball. On field ref right VAR made a bad call once again