IGNORED

FA Cup Final match thread

Porto Red

Just now, Numero Uno said:

You know how to jump and every pro in the BBC studio doesn’t by the sound of it……the law is being changed. I wonder why? They know the law is crap even if it was interpreted correctly today.

I said originally I think it was the correct decision.

However, if you read the Law then it must be the case that the ref and everyone else has decided that his arm isn't justified in being where it was.

Because if it is justified in being there then it shouldn't be a penalty.

All I've done is read the Law. Which I also agree needs changing.

@MarcusX carlessness/recklessness/excessive force is needed for direct fk offence (that aren't handball, spitting etc) and penalties are given for direct fk offences committed in the box.

Unless the argument is that de Bruyne was impeded with contact, which doesn't require the carlessness etc element.

1 minute ago, redkev said:

Not with Southgate in charge 

Sancho & rashford been poor for me 

2 minutes ago, Ecko said:

Stones looks assured in his new role. Could we see him play in that position for England?

You have to have the right players around him to allow him to play that way, Walker has been absolutely immense and is basically playing two positions to allow it happen.

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I said originally I think it was the correct decision.

However, if you read the Law then it must be the case that the ref and everyone else has decided that his arm isn't justified in being where it was.

Because if it is justified in being there then it shouldn't be a penalty.

All I've done is read the Law. Which I also agree needs changing.

@MarcusX carlessness/recklessness/excessive force is needed for direct fk offence (that aren't handball, spitting etc) and penalties are given for direct fk offences committed in the box.

Unless the argument is that de Bruyne was impeded with contact, which doesn't require the carlessness etc element.

Exactly that, he was impeded with contact. There’s an argument he was trying to plant his foot and roll him maybe. I’m sure a similar thing happened recently, maybe even to De Bruyne as he went to kick the ball, and jt wasnt given.

• Like 1