IGNORED

Kalas - Signed for Schalke04

Just now, Leveller said:

Wasn’t it orginally Brigstowe/Bristow, with the L added as in “good ideal” and eventually becoming official?

Yes, Brigstow = place of the bridge I believe. The local dialect led to the g being dropped and as you say an l being added, as is common with other words.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yes, Brigstow = place of the bridge I believe. The local dialect led to the g being dropped and as you say an l being added, as is common with other words.

I think the sound of the O in Bristolian is the most Bristolian sound of all. If you get my drift. Nobody anywhere else pronounces a long O that way. I’m not from Bristol but living in Somerset and I think it’s unique.

22 hours ago, Leveller said:

I think the sound of the O in Bristolian is the most Bristolian sound of all. If you get my drift. Nobody anywhere else pronounces a long O that way. I’m not from Bristol but living in Somerset and I think it’s unique.

In Bath/Trowbridge/Radstock area they say “roe” where Bristolians say “roall” as in roll. Hoe instead of hole/whole

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

So no news on Kalas then…..

I did wonder about this yesterday.

When a player is out of contract the club are required to pay the player till the end of September ( i think) if the player does not sign for another club, who would pick up their contract from July.

Now (conspiracy theory here)  If I was Kalas and i knew that I was going to take a massive wage hit, then it might be tempting to wait until after September before signing for a new club and still receive the current (massive) wage.

Just a thought.

Edited by BS3_RED

9 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

When a player is out of contract the club are required to pay the player till the end of September ( i think) if the player does not sign for another club, who would pick up their contract from July.

Now (conspiracy theory here)  If I was Kalas and i knew that I was going to take a massive wage hit, then it might be tempting to wait until after September before signing for a new club and still receive the current (massive) wage.

Just a thought.

Dont think thats true.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Just a thought.

It’s only one month/30 days after the end of their contract so he will get his last wage from City next week. 

I think it’s extended if the player was injured whilst contracted, duty of care and the right for the player to continue to receive treatment. @Davefevs I’m sure is more clued up on this though. 

Edited by Betty Swallocks
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Riaz said:

Dont think thats true.

I not gonna go looking for it but I am sure I read a few years back that when a player is released ( I would assume that would also include being offered a lower wage contract, otherwise clubs could just offer you £1 a week to get around it) that if you didnt pick up a new club the previous club were required to pay wages til September. It was a while ago so i very well could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It’s only one month/30 days after the end of their contract so he will get his last wage from City next week. 

I think it’s extended if the player was injured whilst contracted, duty of care and the right for the player to continue to receive treatment. @Davefevs I’m sure is more clued up on this though. 

Well that blows my conspiracy theory out of the water then. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Just a thought.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

19 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Yep, exactly that.

In Kalas’s case, if he’s on an alleged £25k p.w. he’s due £100k+ this month.  If he’s looking to take a wage cut to say £10k p.w., and signed on 1/7, then he would forego his severance.  If he signed today, he’d lose the last 10 days (pro-rata’d).

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Yep, exactly that.

In Kalas’s case, if he’s on an alleged £25k p.w. he’s due £100k+ this month.  If he’s looking to take a wage cut to say £10k p.w., and signed on 1/7, then he would forego his severance.  If he signed today, he’d lose the last 10 days (pro-rata’d).

I didn't even know this was a thing, but looking back at our past free transfers was interesting to see Maenpaa signed on 1st Aug, after spending pre-season on trial with us. What a coincidence!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45033182

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Yep, exactly that.

So he's not actually being paid a extra month - he just works a month in hand.

34 minutes ago, Riaz said:

So he's not actually being paid a extra month - he just works a month in hand.

No, his contract ended on 30.06….he has already been paid for working until 30.06.

But he is then entitled to an extra month’s “pay” / severance, which I believe is paid weekly until the end of July.  It stops if he gets a new contract this month.

So nothing about being paid a month in hand at all.

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, his contract ended on 30.06….he has already been paid for working until 30.06.

But he is then entitled to an extra month’s “pay” / severance, which I believe is paid weekly until the end of July.  It stops if he gets a new contract this month.

It makes me wonder why Jay Dasilva didn't wait until 1st August to sign for Coventry.

35 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

It makes me wonder why Jay Dasilva didn't wait until 1st August to sign for Coventry.

Because he hasn't got expensive teeth or a flash car to pay for? Or isn't building an expensive, flash house from the ground up which will soon need furnishing with all the gaudy mod cons so beloved of overpaid footballers? 

Maybe. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I trust what you are saying is true.

You would think, if he signed for another club on 1st july, he would not be paid this.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I would say that they should be at least training (or working) at the club to get that money.... but I suspect most managers wouldn't want players who are leaving to be hanging around in pre-season. Do we think this is the same reason we've heard nothing about Massengo signing?

1 hour ago, Colemanballs said:

Well you’re presuming he’s taken a pay cut? We don’t know what Jay was on here and what Coventry are paying him - if it was a pay cut though, the signing club may well incentivise signing earlier with a sign on fee. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Well you’re presuming he’s taken a pay cut? We don’t know what Jay was on here and what Coventry are paying him - if it was a pay cut though, the signing club may well incentivise signing earlier with a sign on fee. 

Good point. I guess he could also decide to swallow the deficit to show that he really wants to be at Coventry.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pearsonistheman said:

Going to Cardiff then? They love one of our cast offs. 

Cardiff are financially a bit wobbly aren't they. If he went to them and we didn't match their wage offer I'd be pretty disappointed. 

We need an extra body who can play the two centre-half roles and he knows the team and city inside out. I'm still hopeful he signs.

• Like 4