IGNORED

Kalas - Signed for Schalke04

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If this is true (& I have absolutely no reason to doubt you) then seeing as he’s in BS3 on the day his contract expires whilst we are training, only a super optimist would now think he’s staying.

I like Tomas as a player but still see this as pretty disrespectful, we should withdraw our contract offer now & move on.

If our contract offer was along the lines of what @Ecko suggested (and I have no reason to doubt them) then I'm not surprised he's moving on, as he'll get better contract offers elsewhere, including in the Championship.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

If our contract offer was along the lines of what @Ecko suggested (and I have no reason to doubt them) then I'm not surprised he's moving on, as he'll get better contract offers elsewhere, including in the Championship.

I haven't got any recent news unfortunately. I'm taking that as he's not going to sign. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not arguing with any of that, just think a communication from him & the club that we’re parting ways would have made more sense now we’re back in training & he’s either on holiday in Prague or trawling round the gentrified parts of BS3 whilst his former team mates are doing SDS tests..

I still think this is a massively complex one where it is hard to know what the club should have been. It could easily be that we've low-balled and lost a player who has had a difficult 15 months of injuries but will go on to excel elsewhere but we could equally have been that we paid what a fit Kalas was worth and found ourselves with an expensively paid player struggling for form and fitness. If he is gone then I hope it is amicable and I wish him well elsewhere. It would be a shame given how good Kalas can be on his day but, at the same time, I think Vyner, Dickie, Atkinson and Naismith make for a good quartet of centre-backs and - whilst we need one more to come in if Kalas does not sign - it remains far from our weakest position. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Kalas for what we paid for him has been disappointing since being at City 

I appreciate he’s struggled with injuries the last 18 months and he will more than likely leave this summer

The club have obviously offered him a new deal but very much risk based and I for one feel that is the right thing to do 

if TK thinks he can get a better deal elsewhere then he is free to do so in the knowledge that he can always re-sign with us but I dare say the club have a timeline on the contract offer 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I still think this is a massively complex one where it is hard to know what the club should have been. It could easily be that we've low-balled and lost a player who has had a difficult 15 months of injuries but will go on to excel elsewhere but we could equally have been that we paid what a fit Kalas was worth and found ourselves with an expensively paid player struggling for form and fitness. If he is gone then I hope it is amicable and I wish him well elsewhere. It would be a shame given how good Kalas can be on his day but, at the same time, I think Vyner, Dickie, Atkinson and Naismith make for a good quartet of centre-backs and - whilst we need one more to come in if Kalas does not sign - it remains far from our weakest position. 

A very well thought out , balanced and sensible post, are you sure you’re on the right forum? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just seen him in a supermarket in Bedminster topping up on protein puddings, so there we go. 

7 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

And I’ve just seen him in sainsburys! (True) 

6 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

......He'd of been wearing his pyjamas, slippers and dressing gown!

7 hours ago, Riaz said:

Kalas cam ?

Done.

image.png.44b7173b1403ccb7cf2725a1086cc586.png

Obviously too warm for dressing gown!

1 hour ago, Cov 77 said:

Chatter Coventry end that Kalas will end up there , wouldn’t be the biggest surprise 

Said that back when Retained List was announced…if he stays in this country, Coventry would be a like,y destination.

Would be bizarre if all three Chelsea players ended up together at Cov.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2023 at 13:14, Roger Red Hat said:

......He'd of been wearing his pyjamas, slippers and dressing gown!

Could have done a spot of shopping in the little Grosvener ?

On 30/06/2023 at 20:14, downendcity said:

Just seen him in a supermarket in Bedminster

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, milo1111 said:

They’ll regret it if they get the same piss poor bang for their buck as we did out of those three !!!!

Those three cost us more than £10m in transfer fees alone, Coventry would have them all for free. I’m sure they’d give them much more value than they gave us. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, milo1111 said:

They’ll regret it if they get the same piss poor bang for their buck as we did out of those three !!!!

As much as I don't hold any animosity towards Palmer I get that we didn't get a good deal there but to throw the other 2 into that category is just wrong. Especially Kalas, apart from last season when he had injuries he has been absolutely class for us and even captained the side.

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Littlesh*t said:

As much as I don't hold any animosity towards Palmer I get that we didn't get a good deal there but to throw the other 2 into that category is just wrong. Especially Kalas, apart from last season when he had injuries he has been absolutely class for us and even captained the side.

My point was more a dig at the people that signed them (and in the case of palmer barely used him). 

we simply shouldn’t of been paying those sorts of fees and wages IMO. It was reckless and nearly cost us big time 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1