IGNORED

Kalas - Signed for Schalke04

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't see how they can splash cash given their likely FFP position.

I was told by a Cardiff fan it’s all to do with the Sala transfer with FIFA issueing a transfer embargo. But FIFA lifted it after they paid an instalment but EFL won’t lift it.
But they can still sign OOC players.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

When people put him into a list of about 6 other players who can play as a CB, I find myself hoping that @Ecko is closer to his wage valuation than @Kid in the Riot. The latter amount sound a big amount of dosh for a squad player.

Fully fit, he's not a squad player though. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I was told by a Cardiff fan it’s all to do with the Sala transfer with FIFA issueing a transfer embargo. But FIFA lifted it after they paid an instalment but EFL won’t lift it.
But they can still sign OOC players.   

Sure and thanks but their FFP position itself doesn't look too clever.

They don't have major offsets, we are still on the £39m cycle.and they lost granted pre offsets £26m in 2021-22. Their Parachute Payments are gone, and they are not very good sellers of players.

Given their income of £20m or so a year typically I expect they have an FFP challenge ahead.

Look at the issues we had over 12-18 months. With income £10m higher.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sure and thanks but their FFP position itself doesn't look too clever.

They don't have major offsets, we are still on the £39m cycle.and they lost granted pre offsets £26m in 2021-22. Their Parachute Payments are gone, and they are not very good sellers of players.

Given their income of £20m or so a year typically I expect they have an FFP challenge ahead

Fingers crossed 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Fingers crossed 

The Fixed asset loophole is gone, sponsorships must be fair value- I susoecy thay paet of theit compliance and or spend strategy has been linked to the Sale case. I believe we were monitored or voluntarily did so to a similar level so given the new rules that are designed to prevent a breach before it happens...

29 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Which Champ clubs other than parachute can pay him more than us? Boro? Stoke? Enough to make it worth his while to move?

I don't see him as attractive to any parachute club

I think he either goes abroad or stays here

Those two for sure…plus I reckon a few others as there’s no transfer fee.  Coventry have just offered Dasilva more than he’d get here for example.  Cardiff (nooooooooo!), Sunderland???

Agree, abroad must be a viable option.

3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Anyone know when (if) there is a  deadline for a decision? Perhaps it isn’t that straightforward but for the Club and the player it would be helpful to know that by such and such a date everyone knows what’s happening.

I’d imagine his contract ends on 30 June, so if he ain’t signed a new deal by then he’ll be out the door. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tin said:

I’d imagine his contract ends on 30 June, so if he ain’t signed a new deal by then he’ll be out the door. 

Yep, contractually.  And we’d be paying him a month’s severance, assuming he didn’t get fixed up within the month.

15 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Not sure I'm convinced of that.

Don’t think you can struggle as much as Kalas does with crosses and be our best defender. He’s been noticeably below the standard he set during his loan spell since arriving permanently. 

He rightfully gets plaudits and he’s a solid championship defender but if the higher wages in the thread are accurate I wouldn’t keep him when there’s very little certainty he’d be starting most weeks. If we stick with a back 4 then I think it’s Vyner, Dickie and Kalas fighting to start with Atkinson to come into the mix too.

7 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Maybe, but I think our defence has been better without him and Bentley in it.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

6 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Don’t think you can struggle as much as Kalas does with crosses and be our best defender. He’s been noticeably below the standard he set during his loan spell since arriving permanently. 

He rightfully gets plaudits and he’s a solid championship defender but if the higher wages in the thread are accurate I wouldn’t keep him when there’s very little certainty he’d be starting most weeks. If we stick with a back 4 then I think it’s Vyner, Dickie and Kalas fighting to start with Atkinson to come into the mix too.

Albeit, very limited minutes this season…I thought he was so classy, a step above anyone else.

That’s not to say in previous seasons he’s always hit the heights, but those few games this season was Rolls-Royce like.

I’ve said before, whatever happens with him, happens.  I won’t review in hindsight, imho it is such a balanced decision.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Albeit, very limited minutes this season…I thought he was so classy, a step above anyone else.

That’s not to say in previous seasons he’s always hit the heights, but those few games this season was Rolls-Royce like.

I’ve said before, whatever happens with him, happens.  I won’t review in hindsight, imho it is such a balanced decision.

Guessing if we have put on offer on the table that’s towards, if not at, the top end of what we’ll pay, then Rennie’s view must be this season was an exception TK can recover from, rather than a cumulative build up over his career that will mean he’ll struggle to say fit from now on. If TK has the same view, not surprising he’s looking at other options. As long as we’ve a clear deadline for a decision (everything about NP suggests we will have), then think whether he stays (good player) or goes (expensive player), I’d be pretty ambivalent. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jimbo123 said:

How've you concluded that?

His availability the last couple of seasons has been utterly shite.

Not going into full stats again, search for it on one of the bigger Kalas threads if you want.

Last season though he played 35 games - therefore missed 11 games (exc. Cup games) - hardly shite. 

This season, yeah not good, but not a small injury either. 

I don't really care what individual opinions are, but 35 games.....

• Like 3