IGNORED

Kalas - Signed for Schalke04

3 hours ago, FramptonRed said:

I never said he wasn’t good enough, but a waste of money yes.

But you said he wasn't a top class defender for this division and that he was "average". I just feel that his stats across his career suggest otherwise.

Whether he was a waste of money is a retrospective judgement and hindsight is always a great help! It's subjective: I'd still argue that he's been consistently one of if not our best player over the 5 years he's been with us and that represents good value. I'd agree that the last 18 months when he was injured didn't, but that's nothing to do with his ability.

But more to the point, your original comment wasn't about hindsight - you said that the £8m was "crazy money" at the time we bought him. I don't think that was the case. Pre covid that's what a half decent championship defender went for. We were buying someone with a great track record in the division and who we'd had the benefit of seeing for a season and knowing what he could do.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

On the contrary. Across the whole of his 5 seasons with us we've been in the top half more often that not (130 out of 230 match days). 

And if you take out the last two seasons, when he was injured for long spells, then we've been in the top half for a good 90% of the time he's been with us (112 out of 138 match days).

Ooooh, nice ??????

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FramptonRed said:

Average to fairly good was my words. I stand by what i said about crazy money. 8 million was too much and half decent championship defenders you could pick up for far less money. I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.

To be fair, we didn't really want "half decent" defenders but I'm with you on the "crazy money" even if it was the going rate :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

For me neither are correct , I’ve always known our beloved city as ‘ Bristawl ‘. 
:yawn:

Likewise. You just have to listen to our fans chanting B-RIS-TOL and the AWL at the end is clear.

Certainly nobody has ever pronounced it Bristle or Brizzle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Likewise. You just have to listen to our fans chanting B-RIS-TOL and the AWL at the end is clear.

Certainly nobody has ever pronounced it Bristle or Brizzle.

Yeah Brizzle boils my piss, not as much as "Bedmo" but that's another story altogether. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1