IGNORED

Saudi Arabia Pro League

The thing about Saudi clubs in the CL.

The Champions League, the PL and next level down the other several European top divisions and the other UEFA competitions remain a pull factor to some extent against overwhelming Saudi wealth.

You let Saudi Arabia into UEFA and there are two possibilities:

A) They have to have a crash course to fall in line with FFP which drastically reduces their pull factor.

Or

B) Somehow FFP is watered down and not only can Saudi clubs offer major major wealth but also European club  football, be it CL or even Europa League and Conference League.

Leaving Europe means this cannot be accessed so no they cannot he allowed in at any cost IMO.

• Thanks 1

On 16/08/2023 at 23:25, Mr Popodopolous said:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/rumor-saudi-fa-talks-uefa-allow-saudi-pro-league-clubs-champions-league-reports

The answer must be:

No, no- no.

No, no, thrice more no.

Did I mention no.

Oh and no again.

It's a no, no, no from me but money talks so we all know there will be only one outcome.

Football really is selling itself up the proverbial swannee.

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

It's a no, no, no from me but money talks so we all know there will be only one outcome.

Football really is selling itself up the proverbial swannee.

We shall see. No way Saudi clubs can yet abide with UEFA financial regs so surely that would be a no for the foreseeable.

Saudi Arabia isnt in UEFA, isn't a democracy- do UEFA have any other non democratic nations? Mind you it didn't bother them during the Cold War!

37 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We shall see. No way Saudi clubs can yet abide with UEFA financial regs so surely that would be a no for the foreseeable.

Saudi Arabia isnt in UEFA, isn't a democracy- do UEFA have any other non democratic nations? Mind you it didn't bother them during the Cold War!

Time will tell I suppose

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Time will tell I suppose

Dare I say it won’t? Money may talk, but that works both ways - Clubs in UEFA (and more importantly their owners) aren’t going to sanction something that threatens their place at the table. 

I’m more worried about the medium term - I can see the appeal of a global club competition to certain people. 

• Like 1

Just now, Barrs Court Red said:

Dare I say it won’t? Money may talk, but that works both ways - Clubs in UEFA (and more importantly their owners) aren’t going to sanction something that threatens their place at the table. 

I’m more worried about the medium term - I can see the appeal of a global club competition to certain people. 

You are probably right

Trying to get my head around why the Saudi’s are doing this, there is only one thought, which although bizarre, seems to make sense.

That is that their Pro League is the vessel to start a new European Super League or more probably, a World League. This is the back door to create it. Matches could be played at clubs home grounds but also in Saudi (ManU v New York) in much the same way as the Qatar World Cup.

What do you think ? 

1 hour ago, Grey Fox said:

Trying to get my head around why the Saudi’s are doing this, there is only one thought, which although bizarre, seems to make sense.

That is that their Pro League is the vessel to start a new European Super League or more probably, a World League. This is the back door to create it. Matches could be played at clubs home grounds but also in Saudi (ManU v New York) in much the same way as the Qatar World Cup.

What do you think ? 

Exactly that.  Aren’t they (their club football) outside of FIFA at the mo’ for whatever reason.  They know money-wise they can blow any club out the water.  So either the major clubs get into bed with them or their own domestic leagues start losing the top players and tv deals with it.

• Like 1

Phew!   What a relief!    Apparently Jordan   Henderson's £700,000 weekly wage was NOT  the motivating factor in him joining the Saudi League?   It was purely down to his wish to grow the game he LOVES in another country.....Ahhh!  So Sweet!   He apparently has gone 'Above and Beyond" in his help to the LGBTQ community in the past, and is "Very Hurt" by the criticism aimed at him? 

I feel so much better now.....as Jordan is obviously such a genuine sincere person ....and now i can sleep at night, and no longer worry about Jordan's motives for going to the wonderful land of Saudi Arabia    ............................? .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Phew!   What a relief!    Apparently Jordan   Henderson's £700,000 weekly wage was NOT  the motivating factor in him joining the Saudi League?   It was purely down to his wish to grow the game he LOVES in another country.....Ahhh!  So Sweet!   He apparently has gone 'Above and Beyond" in his help to the LGBTQ community in the past, and is "Very Hurt" by the criticism aimed at him? 

I feel so much better now.....as Jordan is obviously such a genuine sincere person ....and now i can sleep at night, and no longer worry about Jordan's motives for going to the wonderful land of Saudi Arabia    ............................? .

And it's only taken him a month to write the statement, get it approved by the authorities and lawyers, typeface it and release it. Remarkable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

Fair play to him 

Set up his family for life 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 31/08/2023 at 17:09, Mr Popodopolous said:

Belarus is currently in UEFA, that’s pretty much the antithesis of a democracy. Russia was also in it until invading Ukraine.

Azerbaijan & Kazhakhstan are in UEFA & aren’t remotely democratic & not sure Israel is a democracy as I would describe a true one, based on not allowing a great percentage of citizens living on land it is stealing on an ongoing basis the right to vote.

Turkey’s elections are consistently described as not “free & fair”, either.

• Thanks 1

My prediction (for what it's worth), SA will dwarf the Sky bid when the next TV rights come up for auction. As our English FA are as rotten and corrupt as UEFA and FIFA they'll simply wave it through as part of their usual farcical "stringent due diligence process" - IMO Sky's greed started the removal of Football from the "working class", SA will finish the job and only the elite will be able to afford to watch it

35 minutes ago, Red Cloud said:

My prediction (for what it's worth), SA will dwarf the Sky bid when the next TV rights come up for auction. As our English FA are as rotten and corrupt as UEFA and FIFA they'll simply wave it through as part of their usual farcical "stringent due diligence process" - IMO Sky's greed started the removal of Football from the "working class", SA will finish the job and only the elite will be able to afford to watch it

One word 'firestick'?

• Like 2

On 05/09/2023 at 17:27, Maltshoveller said:

Fair play to him 

Set up his family for life 

I seem to think that 11 years at Liverpool on a massive wage has probably set him up for Life?   A visit to the land of misogyny, hypocrisy and corruption has nothing to do with money?  ......According to Mr Henderson.....Ha!?         

Edited by maxjak