IGNORED

Saudi Arabia Pro League

29 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the question you need to ask is the relationship between Chelsea and the Saudi Pro League and any impact on FFP here…

Very convenient, isn’t it?

Looks like Arsenal are also going to use it to make a problem go away & I’d be gobsmacked if Newcastle don’t take advantage here at some point.

Modern football, eh? What a disgusting place it is sometimes.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 7

No, FFP,l was a UEFA invention. Not sure FIFA were ever especially bothered. They occasionally complained about solvency issues and the risk of investors becoming bored and leaving clubs high and dry.

China e.g. maybe brought in their own restrictions but there is nothing at a Confederation (AFC- Asian Football Confederation) level let alone globally ie FIFA.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Looks like Arsenal are also going to use it to make a problem go away & I’d be gobsmacked if Newcastle don’t take advantage here at some point.

Brilliant, though depressing, article on that very subject.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, maxjak said:

And what do the FA and the Premiership do?   They  roll over, stick their butts in the air....and say pass me the lubricant.   The people's game?   Ha!!

7 hours ago, maxjak said:

And what do the FA and the Premiership do?   They  roll over, stick their butts in the air....and say pass me the lubricant.   The people's game?   Ha!!

I still think the Europe Super League is a good idea.  All these teams and their billions can sod off into the sunset and play in their little tournament whilst English football can return to some kind of competitive normality.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

26 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I still think the Europe Super League is a good idea.  All these teams and their billions can sod off into the sunset and play in their little tournament whilst English football can return to some kind of competitive normality.

No it isn’t, it’s the death of football ⚽️ 

• Like 2

They've done it with Golf. Not surprised it's carrying over into Football.

As for Arsenal, they sold their soul a bit already with thr "visit Rwanda " sponsorship for me. One of the most corrupt regimes in Africa.

Hence why the Govt is sending people there ?

20 hours ago, GrahamC said:

What’s this in relation to?

21 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I think for 'modern football', we now have to read 'business' if you get my meaning. These are very much business transactions, purely financial, nothing about the football for the UK clubs. There are rules and regulations that have to be met and this is a way of meeting them. Morally, a complete and utter shambles ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Looks like they already are if rumours of Neves 2 year loan to them from Al Halil is correct.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, BigTone said:

I’ve thought this since the idea came about . Let the plastic tourist clubs F off and the rest of us can get on with it . 

• Flames 3

10 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

I’ve thought this since the idea came about . Let the plastic tourist clubs F off and the rest of us can get on with it . 

With the added proviso that they are not allowed to to compete in any English league or domestic cup competitions with a B team.

• Like 5

Selling all their castaways to Saudi Arabia, whilst being part owned by them, surely this is going to get clamped down on and some punishment from Chelsea? Seem to remember Hassane Kamara at Watford, being sold to Udinese for an inflated fee and I believe that's still being investigated, let alone 5/6 players, over £1m in wages and probable over £100m in transfer sales. Countries buying football clubs is 100% a bad thing in my eyes, and people having no clue about football (Todd Boehly for instance) is also just as bad.

Hope they don't get away for truly shocking recruitment just buy selling all of them flops to, well, themselves.