IGNORED

Saudi Arabia Pro League

On 18/01/2024 at 23:26, Fpcity said:

I've recently spent a couple days in Bahrain, couldn't imagine living there as it's so boring. 

I've been there (my ex sister in law lives there...ghastly woman, but that's bye the bye).

Bloody awful, shallow, crashingly dull pimple on Saudi's shit-tagged arsehole.

Edited by Mike Hunt-Hertz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Blinded by the money. Zero sympathy for any of them. 

Sunday league football at Prem wages with **** all tax…what’s the attraction?.

Another sport that the Saudis are trying to buy.

Its like the Chinese league of a few years ago, only the clubs and owners actually do have the cash.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Sunday league football at Prem wages with **** all tax…what’s the attraction?.

Another sport that the Saudis are trying to buy.

Its like the Chinese league of a few years ago, only the clubs and owners actually do have the cash.

They've turned their attention to snooker now, a tournament with an extra "golden ball" that will be worth 20 points.

• Haha 1

On 21/01/2024 at 13:44, Sheltons Army said:

Dean Holden off to Saudi as Steven Gerrards Assistant !

Yep  Salim Holden has  sold his soul for the Saudi Riyal..............6 months there,  should set him up for life financially, i hope he manages to find an attractive camel?

17 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

What are the wages like out there?

You need a wheel barrow?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maxjak said:

Yep  Salim Holden has  sold his soul for the Saudi Riyal..............6 months there,  should set him up for life financially, i hope he manages to find an attractive camel?

You need a wheel barrow?

There is a market outside Riyadh that sells camels but they cost mega bucks and i mean mega bucks !!  Interesting to witness though

21 hours ago, Robbored said:

Bloody amazing I reckon. ££££££££££££

Holden is cut out to be a number 2 - not a manager.

I was on circa £12k per month incl accommodation etc and all tax free. Received a further £1800 per month in cash (paid in Riyals) as pocket money. Had a car with driver at my disposal 24 hours per day.

6 hours ago, maxjak said:

You need a wheel barrow?

Can be bought in the Souk

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

I was on circa £12k per month incl accommodation etc and all tax free. Received a further £1800 per month in cash (paid in Riyals) as pocket money. Had a car with driver at my disposal 24 hours per day.

That's interesting.

Did you never drive yourself?

The big gamechanger would be if we they seemed to be going for a little while ago, Saudi Arabia got a CL place, maybe a Europa League place and perhaps a Confrfrncr League place or 2.

UEFA obviously sensibly must not entertain such a prospect. Without it you're at least partially off the radar, money yes but what about meaningful competition in the top 5 to 8 divisions here and Europe (I know they're flawed) and the CL in particular but the other 2 Competitions can contain some big to decent sized clubs and  indeed a pathway to the next tournament up if you win it.

The lifestyle choice will be a big change but all the money, well for a while maybe but more competitive  football while still being well rewarded.

Another to add to the list, Milinkovic-Savic would like to return to Lazio.