IGNORED

U21s Euros

Bristol Rob

1 minute ago, miketh2nd said:

Only thing i could see is the possibility of hand ball ? But I didnt see if the ref said what the penalty was for? 

Great save though!

It was a foul, Spain player touched the ball, Colwill kicked his foot. Soft, but I suppose it is what it is.

Would have been so harsh on Colwill, especially after last years play off final.

What a double save from Trafford, outstanding. 26 clean sheets last season for Bolton, he’s a hell of a talent.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, kit said:

Justice there. Disgrace of a decision.

Too right.

Funny how, after lying down for 5 minutes with such a bad injury that he didn't move for ages, the striker had a miraculous recovery to take the pen. #CHEAT.

What's that now? Ladies champions, U17 champions and now U21 champions as well? Did the U19s win as well?

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Too right.

Funny how, after lying down for 5 minutes with such a bad injury that he didn't move for ages, the striker had a miraculous recovery to take the pen. #CHEAT.

What's that now? Ladies champions, U17 champions and now U21 champions as well? Did the U19s win as well?

You mean you forgot Alex Scott won the U19 Euros? Shame on you!?

• Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It was a foul, Spain player touched the ball, Colwill kicked his foot. Soft, but I suppose it is what it is.

Would have been so harsh on Colwill, especially after last years play off final.

What a double save from Trafford, outstanding. 26 clean sheets last season for Bolton, he’s a hell of a talent.

On replay I thought it was a pen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Can't disagree that its a crap game so far - and so different from what England have produced in this tournament.

Doesn't help that the two centre backs have a bad habit of slowly walking out with the ball and stopping more often than that. 

Its deliberate, when Colwill moves it slowly and puts his studs on the ball he is inviting pressure but creating a trigger. Players drop in off the trigger into patterns and this moves the opposition to create space in advance of the ball to hit, or if the opposition don't react an overload to advance the ball. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

Its deliberate, when Colwill moves it slowly and puts his studs on the ball he is inviting pressure but creating a trigger. Players drop in off the trigger into patterns and this moves the opposition to create space in advance of the ball to hit, or if the opposition don't react an overload to advance the ball. 

Exactly, it's what Brighton do in particular. Works ok for them.

There was the softest of touches but it was of no consequence. In slow motion you see the touch on the spanish player which I think is all the ref saw to make his decision from. In real time the spain player had a bad touch, felt the slightest of touches on him and you can see a second definitive motion where he starts to dive. 

The bar is so incredibly low if that is a penalty. 

The good thing was that it created a bit of drama and made the win so much sweeter, as good as a last minute winner. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

This isn’t a good advert for the tournament or this side.

Looks like Spain have deliberately set about disrupting England and trying to kick us off the park

They are sneaky and are disrupting us by I am not impressed at all with Englands play acting very very poor from England like others have said really poor advert for tournament football .

about time we started having  just the manager & pysio in the dug out only and subs further away , to many on the sidelines = mob mentality.

33 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Ref did his best to try and ruin tbat. Severe main character syndrome. ******* *****. 

What an amazing group of 21s. Trafford, Colwill, Madueke would be my definite to go on to play for the senior squad in a major tournament. 

Colwill superb 

Until the final few mins, I thought the Spanish keeper was the better of the two and thought he'd good for City.

Elsewhere, when does the Ref's jurisdiction end? I had visions of cards being flourished in the car park as he set off home.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

That’s awesome

did you go for the tournament or just happen to be out there?

It was an impulsive last minute decision to go, made after we won the semi final on Wednesday. Georgia was one of the only countries in Europe I haven’t visited, which helped swing it. 
I found some flights which weren’t too badly priced (the boy band Blue were on both of my flights, as they were performing in Batumi last night), and managed to get a match ticket yesterday. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Indeed. One of the most annoying things in football is when a pundit says "there's contact, so it's a foul". It's a contact sport, contact is allowed.

If that’s a foul, then it’s a foul every time two players bump into each other. Which it shouldn’t be, but that’s the way the authorities are taking us. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Indeed. One of the most annoying things in football is when a pundit says "there's contact, so it's a foul". It's a contact sport, contact is allowed.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

17 minutes ago, Leveller said:

If that’s a foul, then it’s a foul every time two players bump into each other. Which it shouldn’t be, but that’s the way the authorities are taking us. 

This is a classic reverse on - “if it had happened outside the box it would’ve been a foul”.   Had this one happened outside the box the game would’ve continued.