IGNORED

Non League Thread 2023/24

phantom

• Admin

A total of 732 clubs will take part in the Emirates FA Cup during the 2023-24 season, with the list of clubs accepted into the competition now being revealed. 

Among the list are Harleston Town, Heacham and Okehampton Argyle who are among those entering the FA Cup for the first time.

And there's also a spot for Bury FC, previous FA Cup winners in 1900 and 1903. They return to the competition following their merger with Bury AFC, who were formed following Bury's removal from the EFL in 2020 and being placed in administration later that year.

As the FA Cup applications were oversubscribed, it has not been possible to accommodate all clubs that submitted an application to enter. The maximum number of clubs that can be accepted to participate in the competition in its current format shall be 732.

And having reviewed all applications, seven places were available in the FA Cup for clubs at Step 6 of the FA National League System. These places have been awarded to the seven highest-ranked Step 6 clubs (that applied to enter) not promoted to Step 5, based on their points per game (PPG) from the 2022-2023 season.

For ease of reference, the seven Step 6 Clubs to be accepted are Brislington FC, Hartpury University FC, Liskeard Athletic FC, Okehampton Argyle FC, Stockport Town FC, Wells City FC and Wendron United FC

Alongside the round exemptions and prize fund, the same details for the FA Youth Cup, Isuzu FA Trophy and Isuzu FA Vase have also been released ahead of the new season kicking-off in August.

20230630_141104.jpg

20230630_141138.jpg

20230630_141152.jpg

20230630_141159.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, phantom said:

For ease of reference, the seven Step 6 Clubs to be accepted are Brislington FC, Hartpury University FC, Liskeard Athletic FC, Okehampton Argyle FC, Stockport Town FC, Wells City FC and Wendron United FC

Brislington & Wells; local(ish) ? 

Okehahampton Argyle - hoping for a draw v Plymouth perhaps?

18 minutes ago, 22A said:

Brislington & Wells; local(ish) ? 

Okehahampton Argyle - hoping for a draw v Plymouth perhaps?

Exeter mate! The fabled A30 derby!

Liskeard v Plymouth would be the one - mind you, they play each other every pre - season anyway.

Six out of the seven that were accepted are from west of Gloucester.

• Haha 1

On 30/06/2023 at 15:27, Lanterne Rouge said:

Exeter mate! The fabled A30 derby!

Liskeard v Plymouth would be the one - mind you, they play each other every pre - season anyway.

Six out of the seven that were accepted are from west of Gloucester.

Aren't Saltash United in the FA Cup. Just across the Tamar Bridge from Plymouth. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Okehampton Argyle? Despite living there and going to school there I have never heard of them ?

Liskeard was always a bloody odd place too, where literally everyone drank chicory coffee, no idea why but it's totally true 

They`ve certainly been a thing for the thirty odd years I`ve lived down here - they play in Simmons Park.

Edit. Founded in 1929 according to Wiki

14 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They`ve certainly been a thing for the thirty odd years I`ve lived down here - they play in Simmons Park.

Wow. Simmonds Park. Scene of so many of my, er, formative experiences, if you know what I mean.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

More of a Rugby town really, unlike their neighbours Chagford.

Small Village side that went from South Devon league into the County League in the year of it's conception.

Lasted 2 years then it went tits up.Play in the Devon and Exeter leagues i think now.

Have to say their pitch was the best surface i ever played on being on the Moor anytime of the season it was perfect.

• Like 1

• Admin

The draw for the FA Trophy 1st Qualifying Round has been published. 

Ties will take place on Saturday 9th September and will go straight to penalties if level after 90 minutes.

20230707_121709.jpg20230707_121713.jpg

The draw for the FA Trophy 2nd Qualifying Round has been published. 

Ties will take place on Saturday 23rd September and will go straight to penalties if level after 90 minutes.

20230707_121953.jpgScreenshot_20230707_121923_Twitter.jpg

• Admin

The draw for the FA Vase 1st Qualifying Round has been published.

Ties will take place on Saturday 26th August and will go straight to penalties if level after 90 minutes.

20230707_122150.jpg

20230707_122153.jpg

20230707_122200.jpg

The draw for the FA Vase 2nd Qualifying Round has been published.

Ties will take place on Saturday 23rd September and will go straight to penalties if level after 90 minutes 

20230707_122831.jpg

20230707_122834.jpg

20230707_122838.jpg

20230707_122841.jpg