IGNORED

Non League Thread 2023/24

phantom

25 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

BMF play tonight, away to Tavistock ( who beat Wimborne!). Larkhall play tonight as well, a win for BMF and loss for Larkhall, would guarantee a play off place for BMF. Other results, and it all goes down to Saturday’s games!!. 

BMF play tomorrow 

At least I hope so, otherwise I have 20 minutes to get the other side of Bristol for the coach down there!

Going to be a tough one as Tavistock will be on a high after coming from behind to beat table toppers Wimborne, but only having today off after what would have been a tough game will hopefully be the advantage Farm need to go and get the job done with the ruthlessness they've shown of late.

1 defeat in 10 for Farm now, and so many of the recent games have seen them score 2 goals in a short space of time in the first half to take control of it, then play from there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transfer reader said:

1 defeat in 10 for Farm now, and so many of the recent games have seen them score 2 goals in a short space of time in the first half to take control of it, then play from there.

I wish that was City you were describing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, transfer reader said:

BMF play tomorrow 

At least I hope so, otherwise I have 20 minutes to get the other side of Bristol for the coach down there!

Going to be a tough one as Tavistock will be on a high after coming from behind to beat table toppers Wimborne, but only having today off after what would have been a tough game will hopefully be the advantage Farm need to go and get the job done with the ruthlessness they've shown of late.

Yes!!, apologies, it’s tomorrow!. 
its Larkhall who play tonight, enjoy the game, hopefully a win 👍

• Like 1

• Admin
17 minutes ago, 22A said:

Idle curiosity;  IF Solihull make it to the EFL,who will they regard as nearest city rivals; Brum or Villa? Walsall would be their local derby

Screenshot_20240424_203416_Samsung Internet.jpg

I guess it'd be like when Yeovil got promoted you have to create a rivalry 

11 hours ago, 22A said:

In Nat Lge N, I see Glos City are relegated. Which league will they play in next season please?

A few years ago Lowestoft made it to Nat Lge S, but when they were relegated a year or two later they were placed in a different one to which they had won promotion from.

It depends on the teams that came down/up from the leagues around, and their location I think. Is the same as those that come down from NL, if there’s too many north/south teams they essentially ‘move the line’ of what classes as north & south divide madly. 

I visited Solihull Moors as part of my boys “groundhopping” earlier this year pre West Brom. It’s pretty much right next to the NEC as a ground - closest ground is St Andrews so I’d guess Brum would be rivals (particularly as there may only be one division between them next year!)

• Like 1

• Admin
20 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Larkhall won tonight, 

Southern league as it stands. 1st place up and 2nd-5th in the playoffs.

4th Larkhall- 57 points, 1 game to go.

5th Mousehole- 55 points, 1 game to go.

6th Manor Farm- 55 points, 2 games to go.

Someone has to miss out.

Screenshot_20240424_220453_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240424_220449_Samsung Internet.jpg

48 minutes ago, phantom said:

Screenshot_20240424_220453_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240424_220449_Samsung Internet.jpg

Tavistock is a must win.

The goal difference that Mousehole have could be crucial, although Larkhall are poor on the road so the hope has to be that continues.

Considering they could well get frome if they end up in the play offs, a positive result against them on Saturday is even more important 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Tavistock is a must win.

The goal difference that Mousehole have could be crucial, although Larkhall are poor on the road so the hope has to be that continues.

Considering they could well get frome if they end up in the play offs, a positive result against them on Saturday is even more important 

Frome will be right up for it.

League title is still potentially there for them, they've had a full week between games and 2 years ago when they were both last in the playoffs Farm went there and turned them over in the semis, even though Frome were the favourites to win the playoffs outright.

13 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

League title is still potentially there for them, they've had a full week between games and 2 years ago when they were both last in the playoffs Farm went there and turned them over in the semis, even though Frome were the favourites to win the playoffs outright.

Was there for that one, one of the better away days with the Farm in recent years for sure!

Have to hope Cribbs help us out v Larkhall, although tomorrow night will be tough before we even think about the weekend.

7 hours ago, transfer reader said:

My mates the Frome manager, I think the number of games recently caught up with them so a week off will help, will be interesting to see what happens, especially if word gets out that Wimborne are losing!

Announced yesterday that from the 25/26 season, the Welsh premier League will play all games on Friday nights.

Dunno why and have they considered the financial implications? If Barry Town are away to say, Rhyl, that's a five hour journey. Clubs will have to decide whether to travel through the early hours of the Saturday, or have a night in a hotel.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Announced yesterday that from the 25/26 season, the Welsh premier League will play all games on Friday nights.

Dunno why and have they considered the financial implications? If Barry Town are away to say, Rhyl, that's a five hour journey. Clubs will have to decide whether to travel through the early hours of the Saturday, or have a night in a hotel.

Be interesting to see how that works. They do already play a lot of games on Fridays but it's usually where there isn't much travel involved. The league was very heavily concentrated around the north of the country a few years back but with the demise of the likes of Rhyl, Bangor and Prestatyn it's now more evenly spread.

23 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Tavistock is a must win.

Tavistock, home of a Neil Warnock season ticket! Frequents their games quite often apparently. 

• Admin

Seeing the above post reminded me I hadn't heard anything recently about the Somerset cup. 

I remember games were postponed, but are the dates below correct that this seasons competition will be finished in pre season for next season? 

I wondered if these dates were correct, as the kick off times clearly aren't ? 

Screenshot_20240427_075018_Samsung Internet.jpg

51 minutes ago, phantom said:

Seeing the above post reminded me I hadn't heard anything recently about the Somerset cup. 

I remember games were postponed, but are the dates below correct that this seasons competition will be finished in pre season for next season? 

I wondered if these dates were correct, as the kick off times clearly aren't ? 

Screenshot_20240427_075018_Samsung Internet.jpg

I`ve always thought it might be a good idea to play something competitive in pre season like the first round of the League Cup or early rounds of the LDV. Crowds would be better than run of the mill friendlies and the games would have more of a `proper` feel to them. I might be misremembering but didn`t we play a first round League Cup game at home before the season started a few years back - it might have been v Oxford?