IGNORED

Non League Thread 2023/24

phantom

42 minutes ago, Lakeside Red said:

Bath City playoff eliminator with Braintree is live tonight on National League TV 7.45 

Gutted i'm missing this because of work, forget Arsenal/Chelsea this would of done me, hopefully it will go to extra time so i can catch that

51 minutes ago, Lakeside Red said:

Bath City playoff eliminator with Braintree is live tonight on National League TV 7.45 

Thanks for the heads up , I was wondering what to watch. 
Arse V Chelsea will have to wait. 

55 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

With Exmouth currently beating Mousehole, Farm will need just a point from their final 2 games to seal a playoff spot.

On Thursday they travel to Tavistock, who are playing top of the league Wimborne tonight.

Mousehole came from behind to win 4-1, so no easy way to playoffs for Farm.

Tavistock also beating Frome, which means Frome can still win the league and automatic promotion.

Frome host Farm on Saturday.

Lost connection just after the goal, typical.

Bath had chances , I would have liked to see Yeboah earlier , but from what I saw fairly even.

Is there a draw to see who they play, or has it been made ? Braintree V Chelmsford  would be a nice local derby.

36 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Lost connection just after the goal, typical.

Bath had chances , I would have liked to see Yeboah earlier , but from what I saw fairly even.

Is there a draw to see who they play, or has it been made ? Braintree V Chelmsford  would be a nice local derby.

Already made based on league position, Chelmsford vs Braintree in the semi final and then Worthing home to the winner of Maidstone vs Aveley 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BITW said:

Should we be at all concerned that a couple of our lads, particularly Yeboah can’t get into Baths side? Admittedly I dont follow Bath or know anything about their squad. 

Obviously not good enough at the moment which makes it strange how he ever made our 1st team squad in the first place seeing as he can’t make the starting 11 of a sixth tier team !!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BITW said:

Should we be at all concerned that a couple of our lads, particularly Yeboah can’t get into Baths side? Admittedly I dont follow Bath or know anything about their squad. 

Could just be a confidence thing with Yeboah. He was in and around the squad, getting minutes off the bench, and is then farmed out to non league to make room for a loan signing who never plays. Can’t be doing him good mentally. 

This is the other side of the disastrous signing of Mbude. Whoever had the final say has dropped a bollock here. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Obviously not good enough at the moment which makes it strange how he ever made our 1st team squad in the first place seeing as he can’t make the starting 11 of a sixth tier team !!!!

Bit harsh, but not totally wrong I guess. He's still only 17 and I don't think he's been available for every game there due to the U18 Cup run ( at least Transfermarkt has him not in some squads so I'm assuming ). 
The bit's I've seen he's not looked out of place , but it is his first sort of run in mens football. He will be available for a League loan next season , that will be interesting . 

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Could just be a confidence thing with Yeboah. He was in and around the squad, getting minutes off the bench, and is then farmed out to non league to make room for a loan signing who never plays. Can’t be doing him good mentally. 

This is the other side of the disastrous signing of Mbude. Whoever had the final say has dropped a bollock here. 

While it does seem a pointless loan , not sure that Yeboah being involved in 8 games and scoring twice is worse than being sat on the bench and hoping for the odd minute here and there. I think being in and around a promotion push in mens football will help him grow. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Bit harsh, but not totally wrong I guess. He's still only 17 and I don't think he's been available for every game there due to the U18 Cup run ( at least Transfermarkt has him not in some squads so I'm assuming ). 
The bit's I've seen he's not looked out of place , but it is his first sort of run in mens football. He will be available for a League loan next season , that will be interesting . 

Let’s hope he kicks on next year

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Maybe the bollock was dropped in the first place when it was deemed he was good enough for our first team squad when at the moment he isn’t even good enough for the starting line-up at 6th level ?

• Facepalm 1

As they are my local side when I visit the Inlaws , I have to congratulate Braintree . 
A few short years ago they were on the verge of League football , maybe they can get back to League 5 *
( one for the visiting G*s ) 

Screenshot2024-04-24at09_12_07.png.e8cf6431bbf89e027d2a45d11f716570.png

• Like 1

In Nat Lge N, I see Glos City are relegated. Which league will they play in next season please?

A few years ago Lowestoft made it to Nat Lge S, but when they were relegated a year or two later they were placed in a different one to which they had won promotion from.

• Admin
1 hour ago, 22A said:

In Nat Lge N, I see Glos City are relegated. Which league will they play in next season please?

A few years ago Lowestoft made it to Nat Lge S, but when they were relegated a year or two later they were placed in a different one to which they had won promotion from.

Take your pick from one of these

image.png

8 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Wimborne lost last night so going into the last game of the season so Frome in 2nd need to beat Bristol Manor Farm to have a chance of winning the league, Bristol Manor Farm are in the playoffs so a win will confirm that place, all to play for!

BMF play tonight, away to Tavistock ( who beat Wimborne!). Larkhall play tonight as well, a win for BMF and loss for Larkhall, would guarantee a play off place for BMF. Other results, and it all goes down to Saturday’s games!!. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 22A said:

This is a phenomenal resource and regularly updated - clicking in will give you the likely makeup next season. Forecast is for Gloucester to be in Southern Prem South:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1j9Xsb52BW6OYS98S4SIM4ueejxbA2I9CHePzrzlqSlk/htmlview?pli=1#

• Thanks 1