58 minutes ago, phantom said:

National League South full times 

Aveley 2-0 Bath 

Chippenham 1-1 Chelmsford 

Dover 1-3 Yeovil 

Taunton 0-0 Hemel Hempstead 

Torquay 5-0 Havant 

Worthing 4-2 Weston

Bizarre old game at Yate. The Bluebells by far the dominant side from 1-90 and at 90 minutes led 3-1 after great finishes (and questionable keeping) - English-Brown and McCootie (2) with the goals. 

Then it turned to ratshit. Two very scrambled efforts in injury time gave Cribbs an undeserved 3-3 overall and ended Yates slim playoff chances. Can’t see Cribbs going up if that’s the normal standard, and positive signs for Yate next season if they keep the likes of the goalscorers and Guest.

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bizarre old game at Yate. The Bluebells by far the dominant side from 1-90 and at 90 minutes led 3-1 after great finishes (and questionable keeping) - English-Brown and McCootie (2) with the goals. 

Then it turned to ratshit. Two very scrambled efforts in injury time gave Cribbs an undeserved 3-3 overall and ended Yates slim playoff chances. Can’t see Cribbs going up if that’s the normal standard, and positive signs for Yate next season if they keep the likes of the goalscorers and Guest.

Cribbs are quite proud of being anti-football 

They were happy sharing this on their twitter after the write up of their Paulton game

IMG-20240331-WA0001.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Cribbs are quite proud of being anti-football 

They were happy sharing this on their twitter after the write up of their Paulton game

IMG-20240331-WA0001.jpg

Inherently were just biff-bang football today. 9 huge blokes trying to smack the ball up field as soon as possible but a bit shirty when they didn’t get their own way. Horrible team, not in kicking people but just in you couldn’t watch that on a regular basis.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Inherently were just biff-bang football today. 9 huge blokes trying to smack the ball up field as soon as possible but a bit shirty when they didn’t get their own way. Horrible team, not in kicking people but just in you couldn’t watch that on a regular basis.

Do they get many watching them on a regular basis? 

18 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Fits with what pretty much every other team has said about them.

Their manager left after they lost to farm, but think that was due to personal reasons.

They haven't uploaded anything to their youtube since then either.

16 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Do they get many watching them on a regular basis? 

In a word, no.

About 100-130ish.

For context, Manor Farm have averaged 285 this season and the Cribbs average is 140ish boosted by a 550ish crowd when they played Farm at home.

Edited by transfer reader

3 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Their manager left after they lost to farm, but think that was due to personal reasons.

In a word, no.

About 100-130ish.

There’s better supported Suburban League sides 😂

13 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

In a word, no.

About 100-130ish.

For context, Manor Farm have averaged 285 this season and the Cribbs average is 140ish boosted by a 550ish crowd when they played Farm at home.

Yate get about 230-250.

Of the Bristol area clubs below National South, and I know I’m biased, they’ve probably got the highest ceiling. Manor Farms ground is better currently but they’re hamstrung by proximity to City and the size of the Creek. Yate you’ve got the growing population, it’s enough outside of Bristol that you don’t lose huge fans to City/Rovers on a whim and it’s got decent space to expand. Could see them NLS with the right plans in 10-20 years and a favourable wind.

• Robin 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Bath secure a play off place despite losing today. 

Great achievement but the Play-Offs at that level are an absolute minefield to win though, so still a long old way to go yet. 

gggv.jjpeg.jpeg

download.jpeg

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

I can remember the days when Weston getting more than 250 at a game was a big thing 

Never thought I would see the day with an average over 1000.

Screenshot_20240420_194525_Samsung Internet.jpg

how many support the seagulls on here?

I go fairly often

• Like 3

On 19/04/2024 at 19:52, slartibartfast said:

Pleased to hear that Thornbury has survived (my birth place). Do they still play at the Munday playing fields ? 

Not surprised to hear Worc brought a load down, they outnumbered Mangos earlier in the year.............they truly must be the Gash of the Hellenic !

Yep still at the Mundys. And now have three stands with a total capacity of 300 seating/standing. FA regs have really lifted the requirements 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I can remember the days when Weston getting more than 250 at a game was a big thing 

Never thought I would see the day with an average over 1000.

Screenshot_20240420_194525_Samsung Internet.jpg

Likewise for Taunton. I know it's padded by away followings, but still. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

There were more that 2000 watching the game yesterday between Wimbourne and Frome, big top of the table clash

It's great to hear so many non league clubs are thriving when further up the pyramid things continue to crack and creak towards a breaking point 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MattWSM said:

how many support the seagulls on here?

I go fairly often

I do. Went to Worthing yesterday, great day out but we were always going to lose this one. Weston are the opposite of City this season, struggle against teams in the top half but will normally beat the lower teams.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's great to hear so many non league clubs are thriving when further up the pyramid things continue to crack and creak towards a breaking point 

I know it's out of our area but the two Toolstation Western League Premier Division matches betweeen Helston & Falmouth this season attracted more than 3,000 spectators.

The game at Falmouth at Christmas was 1,845 while another 1,179 turned up at Helston on Thursday evening for the return game. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hamdon Mart said:

I know it's out of our area but the two Toolstation Western League Premier Division matches betweeen Helston & Falmouth this season attracted more than 3,000 spectators.

The game at Falmouth at Christmas was 1,845 while another 1,179 turned up at Helston on Thursday evening for the return game. 

Helston got over 1,000 yesterday too. Can be promoted on Tuesday 

16 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Quoting myself - 528 at Yate yesterday. Weather, local game, City being miles away and Rovers dead rubber may impact but a great attendance and shows the potential.

18 hours ago, phantom said:

Winning 2-0

Ollie Woodhouse and Lewis Leigh-Gilchrist with the goals 

Had no idea Leigh-Gilchrist (Gizz) was at BMF. He’s one hell of a player and way too good for the level he’s been playing at with Roman Glass. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Also, not sure if mentioned but Portishead got promoted to the Western League Prem yesterday. 

Their striker Ethan Feltham has scored over 50 goals this season. 

Saw them at AEK Boco back in September and they looked a very decent side, clearly too good for that level. 

34 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Also, not sure if mentioned but Portishead got promoted to the Western League Prem yesterday. 

Their striker Ethan Feltham has scored over 50 goals this season. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Saw them at AEK Boco back in September and they looked a very decent side, clearly too good for that level. 

Spent an absolute fuckton of money in poaching players from a few levels above. Would’ve been the **** up of all **** ups not to go up with that group!

• Like 1