IGNORED

Non League Thread 2023/24

phantom

16 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Edit, Both the finals are actually this Saturday!. 

Good luck to Clevedon team and fans getting to Falmouth on a Bank Holiday Saturday with decent weather forecast. They`d best be setting off around Friday dinnertime!

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Have it on good authority that Rich Luffman aka Luffers will be the next Taunton T manager. 

Happy with that. Did a great job at Cribbs, and brings players and money with him. 

Interviews haven’t started yet, not close to anyone yet apparently. It’s a battle of non league ITKers here. Only real ones allowed to care. 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Interviews haven’t started yet, not close to anyone yet apparently. It’s a battle of non league ITKers here. Only real ones allowed to care. 

Near enough a done deal I think mate, already tapping players up to bring with him 

Going out now on TNT Sports; Brackley v Boston in the Nat League North final. An open game so far between two attack minded teams. Looks a more entertaining game than that at the 365 this afternoon.

Boston won 2-1 and are promoted to the National League. Both sides went for it right to the end. With just two minutes remaining, instead of running the ball to the corner flag Boston players went looking for a third goal.

2002 City played Boston away in the LDV trophy. Any of you on here go up there for it?

6 hours ago, 22A said:

Boston won 2-1 and are promoted to the National League. Both sides went for it right to the end. With just two minutes remaining, instead of running the ball to the corner flag Boston players went looking for a third goal.

2002 City played Boston away in the LDV trophy. Any of you on here go up there for it?

Watched FGR there once. You turn right off the A1 and think "not far now" but an hour later you're still miles away.

You can see the famous 'Stump' from the ground and to be honest, I don't think there is a lot else to see in Boston.

5 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Watched FGR there once. You turn right off the A1 and think "not far now" but an hour later you're still miles away.

You can see the famous 'Stump' from the ground and to be honest, I don't think there is a lot else to see in Boston.

there isn`t. It`s that type of rough industrial town that every county has a couple of that make up for all the nice ones. Think Bridgwater or Yeovil in Somerset, Tiverton or Newton Abbot in Devon or Bodmin and Camborne/Redruth in Cornwall.

On 04/05/2024 at 10:12, transfer reader said:

anyone considering going to Frome vs Manor Farm on Monday, it's probably best to buy your ticket in advance. yesterday Frome put out a tweet saying the final had already outsold their semi-final which had a crowd of 1099.

Outsold the advance sales of their biggest crowd in 50 years now.

This afternoon, live on TNT Sports; the Nat League play off final. Who would you prefer in the EFL; Bromley or Solihull?

Tomorrow is the Nat Lge South final; Worthing v Braintree.

Due to weather postponements earlier in the season, the Scottish non league play offs aren't yet decided.

29 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Outsold the advance sales of their biggest crowd in 50 years now.

My son and three of his mates have tickets easily enough, no affiliation with either club though they do know a couple of players from either side

39 minutes ago, 22A said:

This afternoon, live on TNT Sports; the Nat League play off final. Who would you prefer in the EFL; Bromley or Solihull?

Tomorrow is the Nat Lge South final; Worthing v Braintree.

Due to weather postponements earlier in the season, the Scottish non league play offs aren't yet decided.

Solihull just so`s there`s a new `name` in the league - Moors. that and the fact that them and Birmingham will only be two divisions apart which will be really embarrassing for the Bluenoses.

10 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Solihull just so`s there`s a new `name` in the league - Moors. that and the fact that them and Birmingham will only be two divisions apart which will be really embarrassing for the Bluenoses.

One division if Solihull go up!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

I was there when we won with a Danny Coles 'golden goal'. Before the game I remember going across the road for a superb pint of Batemans XXXB and we got free sandwiches, pork pie and sausage rolls courtesy of the landlord as the pool match had been cancelled. The trip back in a brand new Turners coach was memorable too as the driver hurtled back in the pouring rain and dropped me off at Temple Meads before 2am.