IGNORED

Non League Thread 2023/24

phantom

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Scott's son Jay signs for Taunton! 

There’s gonna be a lot of dual-regs going on all over the place now. With the amount of games that’s needed to be made up between now & end of season, clubs are gonna be scrambling for any extra players they can get to fill squads. 

Play for Bridgy as your main club, play up two levels for Taunton whenever their games don’t clash. Nice little earner that for Jay!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

There’s gonna be a lot of dual-regs going on all over the place now. With the amount of games that’s needed to be made up between now & end of season, clubs are gonna be scrambling for any extra players they can get to fill squads. 

Play for Bridgy as your main club, play up two levels for Taunton whenever their games don’t clash. Nice little earner that for Jay!

Exactly that. Taunton just need bodies atm.

And they're not the only ones. 

Was chatting to a BMF player the other day and he said they're desperate for a player or two for the run-in. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Exactly that. Taunton just need bodies atm.

And they're not the only ones. 

Was chatting to a BMF player the other day and he said they're desperate for a player or two for the run-in. 

Farm have been struggling to fill the bench the entire season

One game recently I think there were 2 on the bench, one of those being a 40+ goalkeeper (admittedly one who is still decent for the level)

Looking a bit dodgy for Torquay. With their 10 points deduction they are only 4 points above relegation after today. Torquay in the Southern League would be a big fall from a few years ago 

Edited by pongo88

Huge game for BMF today, home to Evesham.

5th vs 7th. BMF 2 points higher, but Evesham with a game in hand.

5th is the final playoff position.

BMF doing an offer where if you show a City season ticket or any ticket from the Leicester game yesterday you get discounted entry.

Edited by transfer reader

40 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

2-0 win for Farm. Big result and leaves them 4th for the time being.

Screenshot_20240330_190807_Samsung Internet.jpg

Horrible fans Evesham so very happy BMF won. An Evesham fan attacked BMF players a couple of years ago. Players responded and had to do police interviews. Ridiculous. 

30 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I never appreciated how much travelling there was in that league. It`s obviously skewed by Mousehole being there but still Bideford to Malvern is a fair old hike!

The FA are throwing a load of money at the Cornish teams to "level up". They want a Cornish team in the National League. But Mousehole are big beneficiaries, getting loads of money thrown at them. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Horrible fans Evesham so very happy BMF won. An Evesham fan attacked BMF players a couple of years ago. Players responded and had to do police interviews. Ridiculous. 

The FA are throwing a load of money at the Cornish teams to "level up". They want a Cornish team in the National League. But Mousehole are big beneficiaries, getting loads of money thrown at them. 

Probably going to go to Willand away on Monday now, because I spoke to Lashenko and he's happy for a minibus to be put on. (I don't drive)

This season has a very similar feeling to 2 years ago when Farm made the playoffs with the 1 exception of this season being entirely in our hands, whereas 2 years ago it took a run of something stupid like 19 wins and 3 draws from 22 to sneak in the playoffs.

But the similarities are so much that it looks like Frome away will be the semi final, just like in 2021-22

6 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Probably going to go to Willand away on Monday now, because I spoke to Lashenko and he's happy for a minibus to be put on. (I don't drive)

This season has a very similar feeling to 2 years ago when Farm made the playoffs with the 1 exception of this season being entirely in our hands, whereas 2 years ago it took a run of something stupid like 19 wins and 3 draws from 22 to sneak in the playoffs.

But the similarities are so much that it looks like Frome away will be the semi final, just like in 2021-22

I'll be coming back from south Cornwall Monday so tempted with Willand. 

Still a way to go I think before they can start talking about the play offs.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'll be coming back from south Cornwall Monday so tempted with Willand. 

Still a way to go I think before they can start talking about the play offs.

At this point I think it's entirely in the hands of Farm.

Although that by no means makes it guaranteed until it's mathematically impossible to miss out

Only 1 home game left now. And getting Owen Brain back on dual registration from Gloucester is huge. He is far too good for Southern league div 1. He could easily have a national league career, maybe even league football.

Frome and Westbury are pretty easy on the train, Tavistock on a Wednesday night will be impossible for me, but the rest I should be at. At this point, if Farm miss the playoffs I can't see it being by more than 2 points 

The other player at Farm to keep an eye on is Jayden Neilsen

Absolutely superb and the assist for both goals today.

He's been brilliant all season and the last 2 seasons as well

Edit- Jayden is usually number 7, but he turns up all over the pitch.

Edited by transfer reader

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Something for nothing? This could see Rovers ground share over the Tamar then.

If anyone is looking for a game to watch today, Wells City are home to Wincanton in the Toolstation league division 1, 5th v 2nd, with Wincanton striker scoring 4 last week, will be a tough game.