IGNORED

Non League Thread 2023/24

phantom

Over 500 at Manor Farm tonight for their win v Cribbs.

A new competitive attendance record for the club, fair play to all involved in making that happen.

Heres hoping the two clubs meet again in the play off final!

• Like 2

On 14/03/2024 at 08:40, arrytheb said:

I don't think they are mate. Been very quiet on it and Div 1 are definitely* relegating 3 teams. That doesn't seem to me like they'll be losing 5 out of Div 1 but then restructuring steps 5 and 6. Plus you'd normally have loads of strong rumours from some good 'in the know' people by now. 

Could end up having all 4 teams in Div 1 play off trying to lose 🤣

Must admit I'm quite heavily involved with a club at risk of going down and we don't really have any idea as to how many are going down. I think it's hardly a big gamble to say Bishop Sutton and Cheddar will be the bottom two & if I were them, which I'm not, I'd be planning for next season at a step down. My side, Hengrove, are third bottom but have the other four teams in the bottom five to play still so our fate is in our hands.

One thing I have heard is that four sides may have applied to return from the Hellenic and three more have applied for promotion from below. If true, seven teams wanting to come in may be difficult to ignore, so maybe three will drop. Ironic really as in the ten years I have been a TWL secretary, don't remember many teams being relegated due to their lack of points. Chard (their sloping ground), Chippenham Park (their link to first team) & Ashton & Backwell (folded their first team) all went and a few moved laterally or downwards away from the TWL (Devizes, Bishop's Lydeard etc). 

Edited by Hamdon Mart
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Over 500 at Manor Farm tonight for their win v Cribbs.

A new competitive attendance record for the club, fair play to all involved in making that happen.

Heres hoping the two clubs meet again in the play off final!

Superb attendance and I'm guessing Luffers wasn't celebrating down the touchline as usual. Farmy army!

Farm looking OK for the play offs 

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 1

Honestly the Cribbs players looked rattled by the atmosphere when the players were coming out.

After a quieter opening 20 from the fans and own goal by the Cribbs keeper was the perfect opportunity for the fans to leap onto and they never looked back.

Still there now as when I left the building I saw my last train already pulling in, so a long walk back to Kingswood soon.

Still, worth it for the night, and redemption after the defeat at Cribbs earlier this season in a game with the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen between games I was at live or televised.

Georgie Kellow, he left cause they're shit!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, transfer reader said:

Honestly the Cribbs players looked rattled by the atmosphere when the players were coming out.

After a quieter opening 20 from the fans and own goal by the Cribbs keeper was the perfect opportunity for the fans to leap onto and they never looked back.

Still there now as when I left the building I saw my last train already pulling in, so a long walk back to Kingswood soon.

Still, worth it for the night, and redemption after the defeat at Cribbs earlier this season in a game with the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen between games I was at live or televised.

Absolutely love to see it mate.  Best non league club in this area to follow! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Superb attendance and I'm guessing Luffers wasn't celebrating down the touchline as usual. Farmy army!

Farm looking OK for the play offs 

Fair play to Manor Farm, I thought that they may have struggled when Owen Brain left for Gloucester City. Everytime I watched them everything went through him.

Will be at the AVB today, looking forward to a real crunch game at the wrong end of the table. Warminster v Shire is another key game elsewhere.

It seems quite bizarre that the league structures are not yet in place and there are several clubs who will be worried about their futures. Could be a difficult run-in with a threat hanging over them.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Will be at the AVB today, looking forward to a real crunch game at the wrong end of the table. Warminster v Shire is another key game elsewhere.

It seems quite bizarre that the league structures are not yet in place and there are several clubs who will be worried about their futures. Could be a difficult run-in with a threat hanging over them.

Problem is, every summer recently a number of teams apply to go sideways or down. 

That's before anyone getting promoted getting moved around various leagues 

Last summer it was weeks after the seasons ended before it was all finalised 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Odd. A couple of websites showing Taunton’s match as “abandoned” but the club’s Twitter is providing comments on the action!

Missed that.. 

Taunton lost 2-0

Weston lost 3-1 at Welling 

Bath lost 3-1 at Chelmsford 

Yeovil drew 0-0 at Slough 

51 minutes ago, phantom said:

Missed that.. 

Taunton lost 2-0

Weston lost 3-1 at Welling 

Bath lost 3-1 at Chelmsford 

Yeovil drew 0-0 at Slough 

Yes, BBC now showing the result, but for most of the match showed it as Abandoned, as did some others.

22 hours ago, transfer reader said:

Couldn’t believe how bad Cribbs were tbh. 

That’s my first time watching them & I had heard they were a direct side but I didn’t think they’d be *that* direct. 

Every chance was basically from a long throw & their goal came from a flicked on goal kick. 

Manor Farm impressed me, I wasn’t expecting them to run away with it in the way they did. 

Big win for Clevedon Town following Bridgwaters 4-1 loss. 1 point behind the league leaders but Helston do have two games in hand.

Wonder how much the Bridgy chairman regrets getting rid of the previous gaffer now? They’re 10 points off Helston now! 

Edited by Carey 6

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Big win for Clevedon Town following Bridgwaters 4-1 loss. 1 point behind the league leaders but Helston do have two games in hand.

Wonder how much the Bridgy chairman regrets getting rid of the previous gaffer now? They’re 10 points off Helston now! 

What's the latest there now? 

Is Lewy still involved? 

On 15/03/2024 at 23:03, Hamdon Mart said:

Must admit I'm quite heavily involved with a club at risk of going down and we don't really have any idea as to how many are going down. I think it's hardly a big gamble to say Bishop Sutton and Cheddar will be the bottom two & if I were them, which I'm not, I'd be planning for next season at a step down. My side, Hengrove, are third bottom but have the other four teams in the bottom five to play still so our fate is in our hands.

One thing I have heard is that four sides may have applied to return from the Hellenic and three more have applied for promotion from below. If true, seven teams wanting to come in may be difficult to ignore, so maybe three will drop. Ironic really as in the ten years I have been a TWL secretary, don't remember many teams being relegated due to their lack of points. Chard (their sloping ground), Chippenham Park (their link to first team) & Ashton & Backwell (folded their first team) all went and a few moved laterally or downwards away from the TWL (Devizes, Bishop's Lydeard etc). 

I have gone through a 7 -16 coaching cycle, and numerous players I coached now have entered Western League, and couple higher as 16/17/18 year olds. 

I know one at Briz, one at Hengrove, two at Keynsham and now three who have recently joined Bishop Sutton. Bishop Sutton have had a horrific time, the team was absurdly poor at one point for the level it was playing, and over the last month with a new Manager they now are improving, with the sevens and eights they were conceding dramatically reducing. Bishop Sutton now are competitively losing e.g. 4-0 v top of the table Radstock with kids who will improve. The new manager has improved them, the kids have improved them, and hopefully they can with relegation  gain some momentum now for next season, with players stepping up from their U18's who are a decent squad.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Didn’t quite realise how much of an impact torquays -10 has had on them. Only 3 points above the drop now. 

Doesn't help to be losing 4-1 to clubs like Tonbridge Angels.

They are still a full-time professional club. Can see that changing next season, and it would be forced on them if they we're in the Southern League. 

2 hours ago, Cowshed said:

I have gone through a 7 -16 coaching cycle, and numerous players I coached now have entered Western League, and couple higher as 16/17/18 year olds. 

I know one at Briz, one at Hengrove, two at Keynsham and now three who have recently joined Bishop Sutton. Bishop Sutton have had a horrific time, the team was absurdly poor at one point for the level it was playing, and over the last month with a new Manager they now are improving, with the sevens and eights they were conceding dramatically reducing. Bishop Sutton now are competitively losing e.g. 4-0 v top of the table Radstock with kids who will improve. The new manager has improved them, the kids have improved them, and hopefully they can with relegation  gain some momentum now for next season, with players stepping up from their U18's who are a decent squad.  

Noticed that. They lost 4-0 to Wincanton yesterday which compared with some scoreliones they've had this season, has been quite respectable. 

Their under-18's are decent, yes, we have them on Thursday night. Think a few have stepped up into the first team this season and some play for the reserves too. Like the sound of Fin Maddern although I've never seen him play. 

• Admin
On 18/03/2024 at 22:20, phantom said:

With Truro scheduled to be playing Tuesday and Taunton on Wednesday it was asking a lot of Wordsworth Drive 

Even so, this is a very late change 

Screenshot_20240318_221820_Chrome.jpg

Truro must be cursed, this game was abandoned last night due to a serious knee injury to one of the Eastbourne players