IGNORED

Non League Thread 2023/24

phantom

• Admin
On 06/03/2024 at 09:53, transfer reader said:

So of the 4 teams due to play on the Gloucester City pitch on Saturday, one of the 'home' teams has the longest journey to get there!

Gloucester play Boston and Truro play Chelmsford.

Crazy day at Gloucester City FC today

3pm
National League North
Gloucester Vs Boston United

7:30pm
National League South
Truro City Vs Chelmsford United

• Like 1

In the Highland League Brechin City might be on their way back. Top of the table, 3 pts clear and 2 games in hand.

There used to be a Brechin supporter who occasionally posted on here. Both clubs are BCFC and both have red  & white as their colours was his reasoning.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 22A said:

In the Highland League Brechin City might be on their way back. Top of the table, 3 pts clear and 2 games in hand.

There used to be a Brechin supporter who occasionally posted on here. Both clubs are BCFC and both have red  & white as their colours was his reasoning.

I was working up there back in the 80's and went to see them play Dundee at home. Big Dundee following behind one of the goals on a steep grassy bank, half time all/most  facing away from the pitch having a piss!

• Haha 1

• Admin
5 hours ago, phantom said:

Crazy day at Gloucester City FC today

3pm
National League North
Gloucester Vs Boston United

7:30pm
National League South
Truro City Vs Chelmsford United

Was something in the water up there today. 

First game finished 7-3 to Boston 

Chelmsford currently 3-1 up at half time 

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Great to read this.i have a soft spot for Brechin for the same reasons 

• Admin

The FA Vase Trophy semi-final draw has been made: 

Worcester City v Great Wakering Rovers

Romford v Lincoln United

(The semi-finals of the Vase will be played over two legs on Saturday 30 March and Saturday 6 April.

Winners will receive £5500 with losing clubs getting £1725.)

• Admin

The FA Trophy semi-final draw has been made:

Gateshead v Macclesfield

Bromley v Solihull Moors

(Ties will take place on Saturday 6 April.

Winning clubs will receive £15,000 and losing teams pick up £5000.)

• Admin
1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Taunton one up away to Torquay.

Make that 2 up

Ross Stern has made it 3-0

Interesting to see Truro had reverted to playing tonight's "home" game at Taunton... Who wants to guess what happened 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

3 nil Taunton. Ross Stearn screamer.

Must be a sobering night for Torquay fans. 

Any idea what sort of standard of players they have now? 

10 hours ago, phantom said:

Ross Stern has made it 3-0

Interesting to see Truro had reverted to playing tonight's "home" game at Taunton... Who wants to guess what happened 

Any idea what sort of standard of players they have now? 

Terrible, they spent most of the evening thinking they were better than they are and passing the ball to Taunton, first 2 goals were gifts.

• Thanks 1

The thread that was on here appears to have disappeared. Looking at Youtube, I found 

Chester Wrexham was a non league bubble fixture. Loads of English non league derbies are equally fierce.

in England Bath City and Yeovil town is a big non league derby both somerset clubs and not far geographically played recently, but the derby is huge

Went to watch Cribbs Reserves v Boco tonight. 

Great first half, 3 goals and a missed penalty from Cribbs. 

Boco won 2-1. 

I think Portishead will win the league, but anyone down to 8th in with a shout of play offs.

Be good to have a couple more local sides in the Toolstation Prem next year & rid of 1 or 2 Devon based ones!

Anyone have any idea if they’re looking to restructure the leagues at the end of this season or have talks failed again? 

10 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Anyone have any idea if they’re looking to restructure the leagues at the end of this season or have talks failed again? 

I don't think they are mate. Been very quiet on it and Div 1 are definitely* relegating 3 teams. That doesn't seem to me like they'll be losing 5 out of Div 1 but then restructuring steps 5 and 6. Plus you'd normally have loads of strong rumours from some good 'in the know' people by now. 

Could end up having all 4 teams in Div 1 play off trying to lose 🤣

• Like 1

• Admin
12 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I would imagine it will just be the usual process that any clubs that want to move leagues have to apply to the FA and moves then considered

16 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

If any clubs fold in the next few months, then some relegation spots might not be needed.

Boco won 2-1. 

I think Portishead will win the league, but anyone down to 8th in with a shout of play offs.

Be good to have a couple more local sides in the Toolstation Prem next year & rid of 1 or 2 Devon based ones!

Is Tom Headford still playing for Cribbs @headhunter?

34, but looks 10 years younger 🤣

Boco won 2-1. 

I’ve been trying to find out, but the tool station league have gone quiet.  Clubs voted yes to the idea in November meeting I was told.  I was at cribbs for the 4-0 win by wells on Saturday.  Cribbs seem to be stuttering at the moment after a good season.