IGNORED

Non League Thread 2023/24

phantom

Oh dear. I previously found Torquay fans to be OK. Took in a game there when on holiday and was allowed in their Supporters club for a beer.Since dropping out of the League, their fans are starting to sound like gasheads after yesterday's defeat.

image.png.28eabc07c99787194285d790acbcceb1.png

I decided to go too. Decent game, with Weston looking useful going forwards but not so hot at defending set pieces, sadly. Good crowd swelled by 850 from Yeovil.

I was a bit surprised that they sell quarts of beer in plastic tankards that have handles!

On 03/09/2023 at 12:04, 22A said:

Oh dear. I previously found Torquay fans to be OK. Took in a game there when on holiday and was allowed in their Supporters club for a beer.Since dropping out of the League, their fans are starting to sound like gasheads after yesterday's defeat.

image.png.28eabc07c99787194285d790acbcceb1.png

In fairness, I’ve actually seen Aveley play. They had horrible fans, and a horrible team. And they are a village side.

Think they must have been pumped with money recently, as they’re flying up through the leagues in recent years. Either that or they’re just a horrible side who know how to win football games. 

41 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Wins for Bath, Taunton and Yeovil today, leaving them all in the top six of National League South.

Nice to see a city youngster getting a lot of game time at Bath City which hasn't always been the case in the last two or three seasons. Too many have gone there and not been used. Ewan Clark has started most games and been getting good reviews for his performances.

• Like 1

On 08/09/2023 at 14:18, Lanterne Rouge said:

What a delightful picture the Corinthian Casuals v Hartley Wintney tie conjures up. Spectators with huge moustaches and straw boaters sitting in deckchairs and clapping politely when a goal is scored. The half time entertainment would be a brass band or possibly a dancing bear.

Went to watch Daventry Town at Hartley Wintney a few years back in an FA Cup 4th qualifier.  Dav went one down early doors but turned it round to a 6-1 win.  Got league one Chesterfield away in the next round.  Whilst there wasn't too much evidence of huge moustaches or straw boaters at the pretty HW ground, there were a lot of complete neds from both towns playing up when the shandies kicked in.  A tad embarrassing for what was otherwise a decent clash between two half tidy non-league sides.

• Like 2

On 11/09/2023 at 18:12, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Some of his signings were bizarre to say the least. There were a couple of players he signed from Paulton that he didn't pick when he managed Paulton. Tooze and Sainsbury were 2 good signings but Tooze has definitely lost his mojo in recent weeks.

That's Tooze all over tbh.

He'll look unplayable on the pitch some weeks, then he'll have a game where he's so off the boil he's, well, unplayable.

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Larkhall v Bath in there today. Absolutely bloody brilliant. What are the odds!!

1,000+ sell out too. 

I'm sure I went to Larkhall many years ago, is that the ground where one side is really high alongside the pitch? 

The below is from the BBC 

Screenshot_20230916_105005_BBC News.jpg

Screenshot_20230916_105010_BBC News.jpg

Screenshot_20230916_105014_BBC News.jpg