IGNORED

Non League Thread 2023/24

phantom

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Dave Pearse their former manager has joined the coaching team at Exmouth Town in the division above. Probably a bit far too attract any of his former players unless the money is right!

what about the allure of playing in front of the self proclaimed 'muff town casuals' 🤣

• Haha 1

Some time ago I posted a photo of Hackney Marsh football pitches in London.  At its peak in the 1950s & 60s there were 120 full-size pitches bringing over 2,500 local footballers down to the area every Sunday morning

Sixty years later, that site is mainly an open space except for Sporting Hackney FC and an Aussie Rules pitch and a tree nursery.

On 02/09/2023 at 18:53, Kid in the Riot said:

Can't believe my home town club Taunton are flying. Another win today v Dartford. 14 points from 7 games. 

Bath, Taunton, Torquay, Yeovil, Chippenham and Weston all in the top half of National League South.

Three months later; Yeovil are still top, Torquay 4th and Bath 6th. WsM are 11th, Chippenham 14th, but Taunton down to 16th. However, they do have at least three games in hand over the others.

Not local, but to show typical non league revenue streams Kings Lynn published this in midweek;

image.png.606b6d5792c6f90fe47e0b84c02ff381.png

The programme sales ran at a loss of nearly £70.

Stephen Cleeve posting this after King's Lynn's 2-1 defeat at home to Banbury - "I accept it was a rotten first half. I can’t explain that but I know that Adam and Sam will sort it out. If you that want to keep £18 in your pocket rather than support the club I understand your feelings but please don’t complain if one day there is no club left to support."

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Yeovil walking away with Nat Lge S. Torquay up to 2nd, Bath down to 8th, WsM 12th.

image.png.5f2009fe1c8ca5ef4f24446fff993395.png

I wouldn’t say Yeovil are walking away with the league. Seven points is a useful gap but Gary Johnson’s Torquay are only 7 points behind with half the season still to go. Torquay is also the current form team with 15 points from 6 games against Yeovil’s 9 from 6 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 22A said:

Taunton play Torquay tonight with both teams needing the points to progress. Elsewhere WsM take on Chippenham.

It's been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

This is beginning to have huge consequences for Taunton who've had to pay players late due to not having enough money in the pot because big money-spinning games like this keep being cancelled.

I noticed they announced a new sponsorship deal with Cooper Associates Group today. They're desperately trying to bring extra revenue in. 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This is beginning to have huge consequences for Taunton who've had to pay players late due to not having enough money in the pot because big money-spinning games like this keep being cancelled.

North Shields on the verge of going under due to this problem, they are only getting away games

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

I noticed they announced a new sponsorship deal with Cooper Associates Group today. They're desperately trying to bring extra revenue in. 

A lot of non-league have installed 4g to get round this and also use it as a 7 day income source - Longwell Green are a good example.  

I wonder at what point in the pyramid you have to have grass pitches. 

5 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

A lot of non-league have installed 4g to get round this and also use it as a 7 day income source - Longwell Green are a good example.  

League 2. Recall Sutton and Harrogate in recent seasons had to change their pitches at great expense: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57336301

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Longwell Green not such a good example as they don’t own the pitch/facilities. Believe it’s owned by the Community Centre? Although extremely expensive, if it’s owned by the club they can be fantastic money spinners.

Longwell Greens benefit is games don’t get called off. 

The club I’m involved with have spent a lot of money on drainage, but even the best drainage in non league will struggle to keep up with the rain we’ve had recently. 

20 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Longwell Green not such a good example as they don’t own the pitch/facilities. Believe it’s owned by the Community Centre? Although extremely expensive, if it’s owned by the club they can be fantastic money spinners.

Longwell Greens benefit is games don’t get called off. 

The club I’m involved with have spent a lot of money on drainage, but even the best drainage in non league will struggle to keep up with the rain we’ve had recently. 

I’m not so sure on the ownership (I think they do own it) as that football club has seemingly taken over what was an open public space over the years and it’s a while since I lived round there. 

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I’m not so sure on the ownership (I think they do own it) as that football club has seemingly taken over what was an open public space over the years and it’s a while since I lived round there. 

I’m only going off when we’ve played their Reserves and A Teams, they mentioned they have to pay to use it. Seems odd if the club charge their Reserves/A’s to use a pitch they own.