IGNORED

Non League Thread 2023/24

phantom

2 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Just back from the 6 pointer between Paulton and Yate. Paulton won one nil in a real scrappy affair. Both teams right down at the bottom of the league and you can see why.

Watched Yate on Saturday - didn’t look like scoring if they’d been there all week.

I’m assuming that tit Tooze gave it large at the final whistle 

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Watched Yate on Saturday - didn’t look like scoring if they’d been there all week.

I’m assuming that tit Tooze gave it large at the final whistle 

No kept it quite restrained really. Thought he might have given it large TBF. The biggest tit on the day was Tovey on the Yate bench, non stop querying every decision. Not too sure what the financial situation is like at Yate now but if the best back up striker they can get is Jack Ball things must be bad. Hadn't heard is name on the circuit last 18 months or so but he looked a couple of stone too heavy.

Oli Jenkins of Yate best player on the pitch by some distance.

8 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

No kept it quite restrained really. Thought he might have given it large TBF. The biggest tit on the day was Tovey on the Yate bench, non stop querying every decision. Not too sure what the financial situation is like at Yate now but if the best back up striker they can get is Jack Ball things must be bad. Hadn't heard is name on the circuit last 18 months or so but he looked a couple of stone too heavy.

Oli Jenkins of Yate best player on the pitch by some distance.

Yates finances aren’t helped by not having had a home game for seven weeks before Bashley. Each game brings in (assuming attendance of 250) probably around £4-£5k and you’ve probably lost 4 expected games in that time - some will be rescheduled but lower midweek attendances and one was due to a withdrawal so that money has gone. 

Im pretty close to what’s going on off the pitch there and the commercial side is really ramping up. The problem is that takes time, and in the meantime a loss of income like that is a real killer for teams at that level.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Went to Yeovil vs Taunton. A total mismatch of a game. Yeovil have a professional set up and some football league quality in their ranks. Taunton players were obviously part time, nowhere near as fit and some of them looked overweight. Crowd of 6000+ could well be an all time record for that level. 

Yeovil and Torquay are full time, every other club in the league are part time. Yeovil very impressive, but to be honest they should be absolutely pissing the league as they are. 

Crowd was an all time record, beating the record set by….Yeovil, in October. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yates finances aren’t helped by not having had a home game for seven weeks before Bashley. Each game brings in (assuming attendance of 250) probably around £4-£5k and you’ve probably lost 4 expected games in that time - some will be rescheduled but lower midweek attendances and one was due to a withdrawal so that money has gone. 

Im pretty close to what’s going on off the pitch there and the commercial side is really ramping up. The problem is that takes time, and in the meantime a loss of income like that is a real killer for teams at that level.

They do seem to have let the non match day income slip by. I remember when they had stickles and darts during the week and party's on most Friday and Saturday nights. 

I believe they have had a change in chairman? 

3 minutes ago, CS Red said:

They do seem to have let the non match day income slip by. I remember when they had stickles and darts during the week and party's on most Friday and Saturday nights. 

I believe they have had a change in chairman? 

The chairman changed during the summer, and a new commercial manager also came on board. There is a lot going on there at the moment - the pitch gigs, the link up with Yate United, Iron Acton playing there, Frampton Ladies etc. Lots of things hopefully in the pipeline as well which I can’t go into, but there is a definite desire to make it a mor regularly used facility.

On 26/12/2023 at 18:16, petehinton said:

Clevedon win again, 4 points clear at the top now & 5 ahead of Bridgwater - who surprisingly have stopped giving it the big one on social media recently…

Loads of problems at Bridgwater

Their thug of a chairman has really upset the apple cart there

Manager sacked Players walking out

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

They’re a very, very strange bunch. 3 points off 2nd. Not really sure what they’re expecting!

They should be smashing that division tbf. And they've just lost to a small team from Cornwall at home.

Probably the equivalent of us dropping into the National League and losing at home to Forest Green. 

Having being in the away end with them at Weston last month, fair to say the anger has been growing!

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Not going well at Torquay 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeFKHTs7/

In theory Torquay should be challenging Yeovil at the top of the league but they have a lot of injuries. This post from their forum yesterday:

“This is an interesting subject and to put some flesh on the bones I have looked at the season to date.

Excluding Dawson who has yet to play I looked at 7 players who if fit would start with 1 possible exception.

Asa Hall. Club Captain. Has played only 6 League games out of 23. Sub 2 Games.

Tom Lapslie. 11 games in the League but injured on 5 Dec via Weymouth in 27th minute.

Aaron Jarvis. 13 games but injured in 95 min at WSM on 24th October. Knee injury likely out for 3 months.

Finlay Craske. 11 games 3 of which were as a sub. Injured at H & R 28th October.

Jack Stobbs 20 games until appeared to pull a hamstring via Weymouth on 5th December.

Brad Ash. 21 games but sustained a stress fracture via Weymouth on 5 December.

Will Jenkins Davies. Ever present 11 games until injured at Hemel Hempstead on 23rd Sept.
Recently returned to fitness.

In the circumstances I think we have done well to be in 3rd place at Christmas.”