IGNORED

The Injured List

BCFCGav

Alex Scott’s injury has the BCFC Shags confirmation - good enough for me. Nothing like you’re best player getting injured on the eve of the new season ❤️

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Naismith

Scott

Benarous

Tomorrow just got tougher!

On 03/08/2023 at 14:02, Lew-T said:

It was Tanner’s shirt to lose anyway imo.

Totally agree , not that Tanner needs someone breathing down his neck to keep him on his toes ( he’s not that sort of player ) but mcrorie on the bench will just give you that 1% extra drive . 
agree though Tanner starts for me 

No spot in the squad for the injured 5, as expected. Bajic misses out through competition, with HWR taking the bench keeper spot.

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Naismith

Scott

Benarous

5 out. One or two too many given our small squad size, but the quality we now have throughout the squad means a strong starting XI and bench today.

Here we go again then. Nervous, excited, desperate for three points. COYR. ?⚪

A point on the board is ok, albeit we showed some old traits - poor after taking the lead and poor late in the game. But it’s Matchday 1 - nothing won or lost today! Onto the Cup and a nice home win.

Weimann joins a growing injury list.

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Naismith

Scott

Benarous

Weimann 

Edited by BCFCGav

Certainly not excessively fretting and all sides will get injuries but I wonder, is the balance in training right?

Do we work them too hard or maybe do we do little with the ball and too much without.

5 injuries going into the Season and a 6th on Day One isn't desirable- okay McCrorie has the infection thing but the point remains.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Conway has torn his hamstring. This may be an injury crisis at this point, 7 injured in a squad of 26 is over 1/4 of the players. Of the players we gave squad numbers too, we have 19 left, not enough for a full Matchday squad. When will we become a club that gets some luck? Or just less bad luck? Hopefully it turns soon, let’s get behind the boys we still have until then ?⚪

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Naismith

Scott

Benarous

Weimann

Conway

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Conway has torn his hamstring. This may be an injury crisis at this point, 7 injured in a squad of 26 is over 1/4 of the players. Of the players we gave squad numbers too, we have 19 left, not enough for a full Matchday squad. When will we become a club that gets some luck? Or just less bad luck? Hopefully it turns soon, let’s get behind the boys we still have until then ?⚪

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Naismith

Scott

Benarous

Weimann

Conway

Seeing as Benarous played for the 21s today & Naismith is apparently back in training they’re not injured, are they?

• Like 1

Just now, GrahamC said:

Seeing as Benarous played for the 21s today & Naismith is apparently back in training they’re not injured, are they?

I basically include any players who aren’t match-fit for the first team, so we know who we can expect to be picking from for any upcoming games. Great news about them both though, hoping we may even see Naismith tomorrow (in which instance he’ll leave the list - and save our season ?).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Ever since this thread has started, we have been dropping like flies…

These threads were born out of the injury crisis a few years ago when we had circa 15 out. I would love nothing more than to support a club where this ain’t necessary ??

53 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

These threads were born out of the injury crisis a few years ago when we had circa 15 out. I would love nothing more than to support a club where this ain’t necessary ??

Like the Squad Updates thread I think it would have been better if last season's Injured List thread had just continued in to this season.

The Injured List has been going for a few seasons now and it would be fascinating (to me anyway) to see it all on one continuous thread from the start to show just how consistently bad our injury situation has been over the last few years.

Perhaps the mods could link them all together?

Is this possible @phantom ?

• Robin 1

40 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Like the Squad Updates thread I think it would have been better if last season's Injured List thread had just continued in to this season.

The Injured List has been going for a few seasons now and it would be fascinating (to me anyway) to see it all on one continuous thread from the start to show just how consistently bad our injury situation has been over the last few years.

Open to this ? would be interesting.

30 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

How are we conpared to other clubs in this league though? 

Don’t keep a close eye on others but I would guess the last two seasons we’ve been about average/slightly better than average. The season before that, and this season thus far, I think one of the worst.

• Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

25 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Open to this ? would be interesting.

Don’t keep a close eye on others but I would guess the last two seasons we’ve been about average/slightly better than average. The season before that, and this season thus far, I think one of the worst.

I've possibly overreacted a tad then.

2020-21 was unbelievable. You're saying we were about average in 2021-22 and 2022-23? Or indeed slightly better.

So frustrating though, we have to be aiming at doing a bit better. Not as if we habe large resources and a deep squad, it is starting to look a bit dangerously thin.

Tanner, Vyner, Dickie, Pring, Roberts

James, Williams, King, Knight

Sykes, Cornick, Bell, Mehmeti

Wells

Who am I missing, seniorish or regularish outfield wise. No I am not including Leeson, Knight-Lebel or Araoye for these purposes.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I only started this last season:

image.thumb.png.ea1eac91f24864e1a39e5771eee78308.png

Muscle injuries are a fraction of what they were.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Muscle injuries are a fraction of what they were

I was going to say the same yesterday, but couldn't remember who the interview was with that mentioned that. I think it was Nige, but possibly CF , stated that they had built up hamstrings and so reduced the problem along with a graph I believe.
Most of the recent injuries have been knocks or contact injuries haven't they ?

16 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've possibly overreacted a tad then.

2020-21 was unbelievable. You're saying we were about average in 2021-22 and 2022-23? Or indeed slightly better.

So frustrating though, we have to be aiming at doing a bit better. Not as if we habe large resources and a deep squad, it is starting to look a bit dangerously thin.

Tanner, Vyner, Dickie, Pring, Roberts

James, Williams, King, Knight

Sykes, Cornick, Bell, Mehmeti

Wells

Who am I missing, seniorish or regularish outfield wise. No I am not including Leeson, Knight-Lebel or Araoye for these purposes.

Easy to be frustrated, I wouldn’t call it an overreaction. It’s certainly very frustrating. Law of averages says we’ll have a season soon where it all clicks, and it’ll be penalties and availability galore ?

• Like 1

Naismith back on the bench is a massive boon. Smart as well not to throw him straight in, more likely to need him against Millwall. Yebaoh on the bench due to dwindling numbers, be cool to see him get a run out. 

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Scott

Benarous

Weimann

Conway

Edited by BCFCGav
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Naismith back on the bench is a massive boon. Smart as well not to throw him straight in, more likely to need him against Millwall. Yebaoh on the bench due to dwindling numbers, be cool to see him get a run out. 

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Scott  (not our player) ???

Benarous

Weimann

Conway

• Sad 1

Hopefully a clean bill of health from a dominant win tonight, no sign of any injuries. In a week where our two star-boys are tearing hamstrings and chasing premier league dreams, battering Oxford and silencing that away end helped a little.

He stays on the list til it’s confirmed ??

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Scott

Benarous

Weimann

Conway

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Hopefully a clean bill of health from a dominant win tonight, no sign of any injuries. In a week where our two star-boys are tearing hamstrings and chasing premier league dreams, battering Oxford and silencing that away end helped a little.

He stays on the list til it’s confirmed ??

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Scott

Benarous

Weimann

Conway

Atkinson    - New Year(ish)

McCrorie   - Who knows ?

Benarous   - Fit, played for U-21s this week

Weimann   - Possibly ok for Saturday

Conway     - End of October(ish)

So, two out long term and one that is a mystery.

42 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Atkinson    - New Year(ish)

McCrorie   - Who knows ?

Benarous   - Fit, played for U-21s this week

Weimann   - Possibly ok for Saturday

Conway     - End of October(ish)

So, two out long term and one that is a mystery.

The McCrorie one is certainly new ground for me, 'bacterial infection'. Sounds more ill than injured. Looking forward to seeing him play.

• The topic was pinned
4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

@phantom

I'm hopeful your positive response to my suggestion above shows you're happy to try and do it when you have time.

Meanwhile could the thread be pinned as in previous seasons?

Thanks Phants. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1