IGNORED

Birmingham City at home match thread

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I get that if Wells is injured, Conway is injured etc that Bells is the most likely candidate to step into the middle but I feel like he's wasted there with our style of play, he much better suits the wide position and running at players in a wide position. Conways injury has really hit us hard and for the first time in a long time I feel like a half season long loan may be required.

Try telling Nige we need a loan ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I get that if Wells is injured, Conway is injured etc that Bells is the most likely candidate to step into the middle but I feel like he's wasted there with our style of play, he much better suits the wide position and running at players in a wide position. Conways injury has really hit us hard and for the first time in a long time I feel like a half season long loan may be required.

Are we sure it's not Cornick down the middle and Bell the rhs attacker (he is right footed after all)

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

You mean the guy that came on and arguably helped us create so much better and then supplied the long throw that led to the goal?

Also made an important block at 0-0 last week before our winner. 

Other than that though, some very sad people need to have someone they can direct their anger at, it seems they want that person to be Cornick regardless of his contribution.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, redkev said:

Try telling Nige we need a loan ?

He doesn't do loans and I understand why, I mean he could loan someone in at cost and potentially have a dud, or he could give game time to Yeboah who could then go on to develop into a quality striker who we could use or even sell on, like Semenyo. I understand that the loan thing could make sense but the way most loans go is that the club bringing the player in does all the developing and the team he goes back to benefit as well as being paid too. Loaning a player these days technically goes against what the club is looking to do, develop young players of our own in order to create profit and stay out of the FFP hands.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, TheReds said:

Also made an important block at 0-0 last week before our winner. 

Other than that though, some very sad people need to have someone they can direct their anger at, it seems they want that person to be Cornick regardless of his contribution.

Very true, that block was actually a world-class block, like many defenders wouldn't have pulled it off and he got it inch perfect. It was very likely to go in had he not got it spot on too.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Are we sure it's not Cornick down the middle and Bell the rhs attacker (he is right footed after all)

I mean maybe but Bell has barely played on the right and has kept Mehmeti out on the left with the odd game in the middle, Cornick has had barely any time in the middle but have been battling it out with Sykes for the right side and being as Sykes has come out for Cornick according to the Bristol City twitter I would think he'll be on the right again, could be wrong though, who knows.

12 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Surely Cornick would be a better option through the middle as he’s more likely to win something in the air, and probably has more championship experience in that position, let alone Bell being more effective playing from wide and cutting in

I posed that question on our WhatsApp group. Suspect it is Bell central though. 

10 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Could be Mehmeti right too. See above though. 

• Like 1