IGNORED

Birmingham City at home match thread

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well with all the money they earn that would be a pathetic mindset they need a few songs and chants to up the anti. Watch what happens when we give them a flurry of attacks, the fans will get involved more.

See, I see this as an issue with modern football. Does money motivate? no, it motivates off of the pitch but once the players are on the pitch money isn't what's on their mind, it's the game and when your own fans are sitting silent as the opposite fans mock them it is far more likely to demotivate than motivate. When I was a kid and down the Gate if the away fans got mouthy we got mouthy back, we'd sing, we'd mock them back and the direct result would be the players running that bit more, turning to the crowd and raising their arms up frantically as they got more motivated.

I'll never understand this lack of understanding of how much fans cheering you on makes a huge difference and motivates you, it's like anything in life, if you feel the people around you are happy with you then you'll in turn feel happier making that little more effort, if you're busting your back and it's never seen as good enough you eventually think "what am I even doing this for? I get paid either way"

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Spike said:

See, I see this as an issue with modern football. Does money motivate? no, it motivates off of the pitch but once the players are on the pitch money isn't what's on their mind, it's the game and when your own fans are sitting silent as the opposite fans mock them it is far more likely to demotivate than motivate. When I was a kid and down the Gate if the away fans got mouthy we got mouthy back, we'd sing, we'd mock them back and the direct result would be the players running that bit more, turning to the crowd and raising their arms up frantically as they got more motivated.

I'll never understand this lack of understanding of how much fans cheering you on makes a huge difference and motivates you, it's like anything in life, if you feel the people around you are happy with you then you'll in turn feel happier making that little more effort, if you're busting your back and it's never seen as good enough you eventually think "what am I even doing this for? I get paid either way"

I get it but honestly the atmospher at away games since god knows when was generally poor unless there was something riding on it.

I'd love to see our long ball completion rate as we just seem to be giving the ball back to Birmingham frequently.

Just now, Midlands Robin said:

I know the linked stream is buffering like hell but I'd feel sorry for anyone who's shelled out for Robins TV if the actual broadcast is doing that as well.

I'm watching on the Birmingham channel via a mate because Robins TV was buffering quite a bit for me.

• Like 2