IGNORED

Birmingham City at home match thread

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yes but I just unhid it and it is now back in with all the others in my wallet 

Thanks! Went into settings where you can stop it hiding “expired” passes. So presumably it disappeared after the Preston game and doesn’t automatically stay visible!

Ephraim Yeboah is on the bench today, he was was born and raised in Italy, but moved to Bristol with his family as a child.

In August 2021, Yeboah, along with teammate Elijah Morrison, were recruited by Bristol City from the Bristol Inner City Football Academy in Easton.

In June 2023, Yeboah began training with the first team squad and finished second behind Ayman Benarous in the Bristol City pre-season fitness SDS test.

In July, he was included in the first-team squad on the pre-season training camp to Austria and signed a three-year professional contract with the club. He made his professional debut for us in the EFL Cup at home against Oxford United in a 5-1 win earlier this month.

IMG_4187.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Seen the starting XI and I think we might be in for a tough afternoon. I rate Brum’s FBs - Laird and Buchanan - Beilik and Sunjic are decent at this level, I like Dembele and Hogan had a great record against us. 

Their Achilles heel is at CB, IMO, and I guess that’s why Bell and Mehmeti start as they have pace to get in behind. But if Mehmeti’s on the left and Cornick’s on the right, I don’t think Bell’s all-round game is suitable to play through the middle. That said, go get them, boys. First big test for us today IMO. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, tin said:

Seen the starting XI and I think we might be in for a tough afternoon. I rate Brum’s FBs - Laird and Buchanan - Beilik and Sunjic are decent at this level, I like Dembele and Hogan had a great record against us. 

Their Achilles heel is at CB, IMO, and I guess that’s why Bell and Mehmeti start as they have pace to get in behind. But if Mehmeti’s on the left and Cornick’s on the right, I don’t think Bell’s all-round game is suitable to play through the middle. That said, go get them, boys. First big test for us today IMO. 

Agree. Think they will have a decent season this year. Point wouldn’t be a disaster 

7 minutes ago, BCFC-Tom said:

I for one enjoy reading  all this negativity after TWO bloody games…. 

People keep assuming my posts are negative, they aren't, they just focus on what we're doing wrong because why would you critique getting things right?
We've deffo got positives but the negatives are what people focus on as it's the next thing to "fix"/ address.

14 minutes ago, tin said:

It might sound negative, but I always try to be a realist and I agree - I’d settle for a point right now. Anything else is a bonus IMO.

A bonus? We are playing Birmingham not Leicester. 

Two even teams that I fully expect us to try and win. To see it as a bonus is very pessimistic. We should be looking to be winning our home games.  

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

I see Che Adams is playing despite his allegedly imminent move to Everton. I expected to hear that he was not playing because he had that most common of injuries, a knock.?

Bound to score then! :o