IGNORED

Birmingham City at home match thread

12 minutes ago, oOoOoOoOoOoO said:

"is this a library" chat the Birmingham fans. Our response, to remain just as quiet ?

It's about time we had home fans in a block or two of the Atyeo.

Absolutely no reason why the club can't do it, they just won't do it.

Edited by Spudgun
  • Like 1
Just now, ExiledAjax said:

In this game it's because Birmingham are pressing us really high in our own half and stopping us playing short.

Or is it because we are too deep and given them room to get forward? Home games are very similar. Crowd quiet perhaps with what they are dishing up. Play well supporters will react to it.

Is our record against Birmingham as bad as I think it is? we always seem to lose against them by my reckoning, certainly in recent seasons. I have had a look it's only 4 wins in 29 years though we did win our home game last season, still a bit of a bogey team though.

Edited by pillred
  • Hmmm 1
1 minute ago, oOoOoOoOoOoO said:

And when we go away and sing it, the teams home fans chant louder, opposite to us today

Yeah usually when that's chanted the home fans will react by being louder and singing, no-one is reacting at all the last few years, it's almost like they're conceding that it is...

What happened to Mehmeti taking players on, that was his strength, he seems to have stopped going for it which is a real shame.

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I think it's because everyone is utterly bored by it!

Maybe, but it doesn't sit well when a team can come and mug off our fans and they don't react at all, the players must think "we're out here making an effort, why don't you?" to our fans

Just now, Spike said:

What happened to Mehmeti taking players on, that was his strength, he seems to have stopped going for it which is a real shame.

Maybe, but it doesn't sit well when a team can come and mug off our fans and they don't react at all, the players must think "we're out here making an effort, why don't you?" to our fans

Well with all the money they earn that would be a pathetic mindset they need a few songs and chants to up the anti. Watch what happens when we give them a flurry of attacks, the fans will get involved more.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I’m sure they don’t give a f or I would hope so