IGNORED

We can’t compete

Topper 123

Anyone would think we are playing in Division 4. Appreciate the seasons start has been flat. It’s been deflating. We have picked up points though. Bigger names have had worse starts - Leeds, Boro et al whilst West Brom, Watford and Norwich all have 4 points. It’s a blessing we’ve a couple of weeks of transfer window left. Hopefully there is scope to play with. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

For all those happy clappers out there take heed , for the top brass to come out with a statement like that “ we cannot compete “ shows that they expect defeat , well us city fans have had years of that and are fed up to the back teeth with being served up SHIT week in week out , we sell the Crown Jewels and then  invest in Lidl , if you keep buying league 1 or 2 players we become a league 1 or 2 team we need quality weather from abroad or here , one minute owners say we don’t have to sell , then cop £25 million but can’t invest ? Does that make sense , let’s please get some owners in that have the FOOTBALL CLUB in the forefront of their agenda and not just buying investments in properties ie training grounds and pushing 17 year old under developed youngsters onto the pitch 

You got any investors in line who will buy this club 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Have you not heard of FPP? If anyone thinks we can spend big, pay big and keep within the limits they keep missing the point.

Every team has to abide with FFP, stop using this as an excuse!

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

OTIB in a nutshell…

One defeat and suddenly we’re awful. 

We have been awful for 2 out of 3 league games

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Have you not heard of FPP? If anyone thinks we can spend big, pay big and keep within the limits they keep missing the point.

What, even if we receive £25m?  Are you saying that the sale of Scott was needed to avoid a massive points deduction?  If we sell big, we should at least be able to buy something.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

All I can say to a few of you dopey ***** on here , how the **** are you happy with that shit 

I’m waiting for one of the Happy Clappers to reply Maggsie. The usual crew are very quiet tonight. How can anyone be happy with the performances so far this season?

Edited by fisherrich
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

What, even if we receive £25m?  Are you saying that the sale of Scott was needed to avoid a massive points deduction?  If we sell big, we should at least be able to buy something.

Not at all.

There is and will be money to spend. Nothing close to the 25 mill though. It'll be the wages that'll be the main issue. Think of thexwages Scott was on, then what you would have to pay 3 incoming players...

• Like 2

As people are saying other teams have to work within ffp not just us and the argument about wages pisses me off , the owners know what championship wages are we’ve been in this league long enough, every team has to pay wages  and we all know about parachute payments just get on with it 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

All I can say to a few of you dopey ***** on here , how the **** are you happy with that shit 

I was watching on my tv in Canada, got so bored before half time and went and cooked myself a fry up, of course Brum scored to rub it in that I broke my fried egg yolks ffs, second half wasn't much better

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We have been awful in every league game, let’s be honest. Millwall would have been a 0.0 bore draw  

I had a great day out and thought we played well last week.  We dominated them for large parts of the game and were deserved winners.  

8 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

If you genuinely think we were awful against Millwall, you’ve lost the plot. 

Well said.  Doesn’t suit the narrative though.  

• Like 4