IGNORED

Pearson and Tanner Pre Hull.

petehinton

3 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Why back him at all if that’s the case. When we improve our final position on last year I fully expect another contract to be offered 

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So if a decision has been made to not extend his contract, why not get rid now? Of what benefit is it to keep a manager here that is going to be leaving? Seems counter productive. 

Personally I would be offering Pearson a new contract , with the mess he inherited I believe he deserves the opportunity to build a team.

However, I don’t get the impression all is well in the relationship between owner, chairman & manager and I’d be surprised if Pearson is in charge of Bristol city next season. As for why not do it now , cost I guess if the board believe we have the squad that will be in no danger of relegation why go through the expense of replacing Pearson & coaching staff? 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is fair, I've always thought an optimum squad size is about 25. 24, 25.

O'Leary, Bajic, Wiles-Richards

Tanner, McCrorie, Vyner, Dickie, Atkinson, Pring, Roberts

Naismith, James, Williams, King, Knight, Gardner-Hickman

Sykes, Cornick, Bell, Mehmeti, Benarous

Conyway, Wells, Weimann

Okay maybe then. If we add Murphy as well.

Christ there really isn't a lot to get excited about there 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, daored said:

Discussed this on another thread with @Davefevs, believe the club will not be extending Pearson’s contract and decision made to offer any funds the new manager. Let’s hope it doesn’t backfire 

Well that will be me done with the Lansdowns. 

And I will not respond to the obvious posts of "Bye then". It will be more "au revoir". 

In that event, I shall return when 'we' get 'our' club back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 2

27 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So if a decision has been made to not extend his contract, why not get rid now? Of what benefit is it to keep a manager here that is going to be leaving? Seems counter productive. 

Because at the end of the season his contract is up. Far easier to dress it up as a mutual parting of ways. Which the majority will lap up 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hopefully that will be closer to a bluff than fact. Somewhere between 2-4 needed still IMO, accepting that Murphy is somewhat of a development player.

Gardner-Hickman and Murphy are welcome but we very much need to reduce the absentees and keep then well reduced moving forward.

Didn't Nige say the same last week about being up to the budget on wages, he has already signed one since and another in Murphy is due in imminently.

I'm hoping too that it's more bluff than fact.

• Like 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

Listened to both.

Tanner’s fairly standard

Nige a bit subdued, tetchy.  Think media knew this was one to tread a bit lightly!!!

I honestly wouldn't be able to believe that what we fear is going on actually is...

...if we hadn't seen it all before. 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Listened to both.

Tanner’s fairly standard

Nige a bit subdued, tetchy.  Think media knew this was one to tread a bit lightly!!!

Nige probably had a hangover from his birthday celebrations.

5 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

No more signings :(

no ambition SL strikes again!! SELL UP NOW!!

Where’s the 25 mil for Scott going 

It's not actually a lack of ambition.

It's putting himself in the best position to get out, while simultaneously freezing out the best manager we have had in a long time because he doesn't like his style. 

(Allegedly) ?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Conyway, Wells, Weimann

Given that squad, if Nige can get us into the top half of the table that would be quite an achievement. We are kidding ourselves if we think that lots of our players are covered by other Championship teams. The goalkeeping choices are unbelievably thin, while goalscoring without Conway looks a problem. We only need a few more particular injuries and we are in bing trouble. As for reaching the Playoffs that would be a miracle nearly akin to Leicester winning the Premier League!

Conyway, Wells, Weimann

Given that squad, if Nige can get us into the top half of the table that would be quite an achievement. We are kidding ourselves if we think that lots of our players are covered by other Championship teams. The goalkeeping choices are unbelievably thin, while goalscoring without Conway looks a problem. We only need a few more particular injuries and we are in bing trouble. As for reaching the Playoffs that would be a miracle nearly akin to Leicester winning the Premier League!

• Like 1

Conyway, Wells, Weimann

That’s fine & you should work on premise of 2 players for every position so at face value we look fine. The reality is that at GK we have 2 understudy’s who have never played a league game & have Atkinson, Conway out until November & Benarous out again after 2 ACL injuries & unfortunately we have McCrorie out for an unspecified period.  That’s before you add in other injuries that will happen on top of the above & suspensions.  I think we all know we are light & even if we have numbers in certain positions the jury is still out regarding quality. Just seems we are taking an avoidable risk. Nobody is expecting multiple signings but to stop at TGH is crazy although I know you agree.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Superjack said:

??????

Just a reminder this is all speculation from fans on the potential lack of contract extension for Nige so I wouldn't get that wound up. If so perhaps it's his decision more than ours? We will find out sooner rather than later and that will be the time to get annoyed..

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

The journalists are so thick. If someone has already asked him about budget then what is the point of the second guy asking if he’d gonna sign a centre back?!

They're not as thick as me because I still don't understand what Nige referring to when he says there's no budget for wages and why 25m of pure profit doesn't increase that budget.

Edited by mozo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

That’s fine & you should work on premise of 2 players for every position so at face value we look fine. The reality is that at GK we have 2 understudy’s who have never played a league game & have Atkinson, Conway out until November & Benarous out again after 2 ACL injuries & unfortunately we have McCrorie out for an unspecified period.  That’s before you add in other injuries that will happen on top of the above & suspensions.  I think we all know we are light & even if we have numbers in certain positions the jury is still out regarding quality. Just seems we are taking an avoidable risk. Nobody is expecting multiple signings but to stop at TGH is crazy although I know you agree.

I think that we are indeed short of quality in the GK department, but not necessarily because of the understudies. 

I have never rated Max O'Leary. But the argument always used to be that he never had a run in the team. Well, now he has. And I still don't rate him. I don't think that he is awful, but I still believe that he is a League One keeper at best. 

Both of the understudies are unknown to most. But at least there are two of them.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1