IGNORED

Pearson and Tanner Pre Hull.

petehinton

Hopefully that will be closer to a bluff than fact. Somewhere between 2-4 needed still IMO, accepting that Murphy is somewhat of a development player.

Gardner-Hickman and Murphy are welcome but we very much need to reduce the absentees and keep then well reduced moving forward.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hopefully that will be closer to a bluff than fact. Somewhere between 2-4 needed still IMO, accepting that Murphy is somewhat of a development player.

Gardner-Hickman and Murphy are welcome but we very much need to reduce the absentees and keep then well reduced moving forward.

Really surprised that someone of your posting record is falling into this trap Mr P. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Including the 4 already signed earlier that's 6 this transfer window you can't just keep on signing players unless you think there should be 70 players in the 1st team squad.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Really surprised that someone of your posting record is falling into this trap Mr P. 

I mean, Port tbh the squad does look thin with the current potential and nailed on absentees. When that list eases things do look better.

Is Murphy for the here and now. If so that alleviates over a long season. I don't want us to risk FFP but is there a happy medium?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORANGE500 said:

Including the 4 already signed earlier that's 6 this transfer window you can't just keep on signing players unless you think there should be 70 players in the 1st team squad.

This is fair, I've always thought an optimum squad size is about 25. 24, 25.

O'Leary, Bajic, Wiles-Richards

Tanner, McCrorie, Vyner, Dickie, Atkinson, Pring, Roberts

Naismith, James, Williams, King, Knight, Gardner-Hickman

Sykes, Cornick, Bell, Mehmeti, Benarous

Conyway, Wells, Weimann

Okay maybe then. If we add Murphy as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

May as well give up to be honest. What a joke if this is true. The current squad will not finish in the top half, if anything I struggle to see three worse sides with our lack of goal threat. Big worry, starting to envy Birmingham and their new era. 

Yes given your negative outlook you should give up there must be something in life that makes you happy because it sure isn't following Bristol City.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

Just now, And Its Smith said:

My prediction is there will be consensus around November that we should’ve signed a striker.  Lots who can play there but nobody good enough apart from injured Conway 

I mean I’d question if there wasn’t a consensus now……..

2 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Yes given your negative outlook you should give up there must be something in life that makes you happy because it sure isn't following Bristol City.

Why can’t I show disappointment as a season ticket holder of over 30 years that we are not investing and maximising an opportunity whilst other clubs are. I don’t think we are a great side to watch, early days but with Conway out and Scott gone, the squad is lacking creativity and goals. We needed a striker before Conway was injured.  

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 13
  • Flames 2

56 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

My prediction is there will be consensus around November that we should’ve signed a striker.  Lots who can play there but nobody good enough apart from injured Conway 

Weimann through the middle has been rather effective in the past. More so than out wide certainly!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Either a bluff, or further confirmation that Pearson won’t be backed despite all the work done to clear the decks over the last 2.5 years, and losing Scott as the season started…. Kick in the nads. 

Discussed this on another thread with @Davefevs, believe the club will not be extending Pearson’s contract and decision made to offer any funds the new manager. Let’s hope it doesn’t backfire 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Consider we signed someone yesterday and about to sign another, how can you even say he hasn't been backed,

That would make 6 players through the door, they didn't come free and the club is still losing 300k a week,

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

You have much more faith in that than I do! 

Let's check his record shall we. Seem to recall back in 2018 he was excellent early on and the hattrick at Sheffield United in March 2019 said same season. He has been shunted all over the place positionally for a lot of his time here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Consider we signed someone yesterday and about to sign another, how can you even say he hasn't been backed,

That would make 6 players through the door, they didn't come free and the club is still losing 300k a week,

I didn't say he hasn't been backed, just wondering if the squad looks a bit thin in some positions. Again finance means that is a risk but might NP look at a few other clubs (non Parachute) and wonder a bit.

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Discussed this on another thread with @Davefevs, believe the club will not be extending Pearson’s contract and decision made to offer any funds the new manager. Let’s hope it doesn’t backfire 

Why back him at all if that’s the case. When we improve our final position on last year I fully expect another contract to be offered 

• Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Let's check his record shall we. Seem to recall back in 2018 he was excellent early on and the hattrick at Sheffield United in March 2019 said same season. He has been shunted all over the place positionally for a lot of his time here.

You can  check from 5 years ago all you want.  I don’t even think Pearson will play him there which tells you everything you need to know. 

4 minutes ago, daored said:

So if a decision has been made to not extend his contract, why not get rid now? Of what benefit is it to keep a manager here that is going to be leaving? Seems counter productive. 

• Like 2