IGNORED

Massengo - Signed for Burnley

Don’t really follow the Prem but according to the preview of their game with Chelsea today Burnley have 6 missing through injury & despite Prem clubs naming 9 subs he still can’t make their bench.

Wasn’t expecting him to be a starter but surely he’s fit enough by now to be involved so if he’s not in their first 26 players he’s a very long way off selection, isn’t he?

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Don’t really follow the Prem but according to the preview of their game with Chelsea today Burnley have 6 missing through injury & despite Prem clubs naming 9 subs he still can’t make their bench.

Wasn’t expecting him to be a starter but surely he’s fit enough by now to be involved so if he’s not in their first 26 players he’s a very long way off selection, isn’t he?

If he were still with us, would he get a game ahead of one of Knight, Williams or James.  I very much doubt it.

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The fact he turned them down, nothing else came up so he did a 180 and said yes please actually I’ll sign despite probably not getting a look in, suggests maybe his da…. sorry, agent… probably didn’t advise him on how to act here after all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

The fact he turned them down, nothing else came up so he did a 180 and said yes please actually I’ll sign despite probably not getting a look in, suggests maybe his da…. sorry, agent… probably didn’t advise him on how to act here after all. 

Yeah it's the off-field situation and attitude that I think is holding his career hostage. I feel like he's under bad management and it's cost him a lot already.

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He just isn't up to that standard at all. They signed him to sell him for a profit. Pure business. He wouldn't get into our side now. That says it all. 

Edited by OldlandReddies

6 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

He just isn't up to that standard at all. They signed him to sell him for a profit. Pure business. He wouldn't get into our side now. That says it all. 

Burnley, I think I said in the summer, are a real strange case. They closest remind me of Fulham when they went up, spent £100m and came straight back down. It seems as if Burnley got addicted to signing after signing - while not signing players like Tella who’d done well for them and was available. They got great social media traction from each signing but ended up with a bloated squad of indeterminate quality, of which HNM is at the lower end. I don’t know why they signed him other than the “hits” to be honest, and from Hans perspective, he’d have been far better playing in ligue one.

Nice kid by all accounts but this move made no sense and makes me question his desire to actually be a footballer, or is just happy to “be a footballer”.

• Like 3