IGNORED

Massengo - Signed for Burnley

With the football seasons kicking off around the globe what the dickens is young Massengo doing without a club?

The last news I found was that he had turned down Burnley ( 25 July) because he wanted to play regularly for the first team and now it appears that he’s without a club so not playing at all.
That went well then. 

• Haha 3

Just now, B-Rizzle said:

He’s likely waiting until the window closes and then will sign for someone. I expect he’ll sign somewhere in early September. If he’s not got a club after a week or two then he’s clearly not played this situation very well.

As a free agent he already hasnt played the situation very well, he should have been signed up with a full pre season under his belt. Perhaps hes not as in demand as he thought he would be!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

With the football seasons kicking off around the globe what the dickens is young Massengo doing without a club?

The last news I found was that he had turned down Burnley ( 25 July) because he wanted to play regularly for the first team and now it appears that he’s without a club so not playing at all.
That went well then. 

Probably busy taking some pretty photographs 

A lot of good players still without a club

?? David de Gea
??????? Jesse Lingard
?? Roberto Pereyra
?? Xeka
?? Alfredo Morelos 
?? Eden Hazard
?? Han-Noah Massengo
?? Sergio Ramos
??????? Axel Tuanzebe 
?? Reggie Cannon
?? Yairo Moreno
?? Santi Mina
?? Jean-Kévin Duverne
?? Moussa Marega
?? Achraf Bencharki
?? Mounir Chouiar
?? José Campaña 
?? Haris Belkebla
?? Álvaro Aguado
?? Aylton Boa Morte
?? Nampalys Mendy
?? Yann M’Vila
?? Tanguy Coulibaly 
?? Tiemoué Bakayoko
?? Mariano Díaz
?? Ismael Silva
?? Josuha Guilavogui
?? Jaloliddin Masharipov
?? André Ayew 
?? Alan Soñora
?? Tariqe Fosu
?? Hamidou Traore
?? Ishak Belfodil
?? Andrija Majdevac
?? Rubén Pardo
?? Fredrik Gulbrandsen
?? Stevan Jovetic
?? Nicola Sansone
?? Adrien Silva
??????? Andros Townsend

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

?? David de Gea
??????? Jesse Lingard
?? Roberto Pereyra
?? Xeka
?? Alfredo Morelos 
?? Eden Hazard
?? Han-Noah Massengo
?? Sergio Ramos
??????? Axel Tuanzebe 
?? Reggie Cannon
?? Yairo Moreno
?? Santi Mina
?? Jean-Kévin Duverne
?? Moussa Marega
?? Achraf Bencharki
?? Mounir Chouiar
?? José Campaña 
?? Haris Belkebla
?? Álvaro Aguado
?? Aylton Boa Morte
?? Nampalys Mendy
?? Yann M’Vila
?? Tanguy Coulibaly 
?? Tiemoué Bakayoko
?? Mariano Díaz
?? Ismael Silva
?? Josuha Guilavogui
?? Jaloliddin Masharipov
?? André Ayew 
?? Alan Soñora
?? Tariqe Fosu
?? Hamidou Traore
?? Ishak Belfodil
?? Andrija Majdevac
?? Rubén Pardo
?? Fredrik Gulbrandsen
?? Stevan Jovetic
?? Nicola Sansone
?? Adrien Silva
??????? Andros Townsend

Lot of famous names you mean not so much good players anymore 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

As a free agent he already hasnt played the situation very well, he should have been signed up with a full pre season under his belt. Perhaps hes not as in demand as he thought he would be!

Certainly not as much as his "advisors" were telling him, hope they're not now blaming him!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

?? David de Gea
??????? Jesse Lingard
?? Roberto Pereyra
?? Xeka
?? Alfredo Morelos 
?? Eden Hazard
?? Han-Noah Massengo
?? Sergio Ramos
??????? Axel Tuanzebe 
?? Reggie Cannon
?? Yairo Moreno
?? Santi Mina
?? Jean-Kévin Duverne
?? Moussa Marega
?? Achraf Bencharki
?? Mounir Chouiar
?? José Campaña 
?? Haris Belkebla
?? Álvaro Aguado
?? Aylton Boa Morte
?? Nampalys Mendy
?? Yann M’Vila
?? Tanguy Coulibaly 
?? Tiemoué Bakayoko
?? Mariano Díaz
?? Ismael Silva
?? Josuha Guilavogui
?? Jaloliddin Masharipov
?? André Ayew 
?? Alan Soñora
?? Tariqe Fosu
?? Hamidou Traore
?? Ishak Belfodil
?? Andrija Majdevac
?? Rubén Pardo
?? Fredrik Gulbrandsen
?? Stevan Jovetic
?? Nicola Sansone
?? Adrien Silva
??????? Andros Townsend

We should sign them all

• Like 1

3 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

He’s likely waiting until the window closes and then will sign for someone. I expect he’ll sign somewhere in early September. If he’s not got a club after a week or two then he’s clearly not played this situation very well.

He's having his strings pulled-

As simple as that.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I think he had delusions of Great Expectations but, yes, it's beginning to look a bit Bleak House for him.

No doubt.... 'something will turn up'.

• Haha 4

It’s possible he’s not as good as he thinks he is and as some of our fanbase did. Lovely hair, but you’d have to ask what he’s “for” as a player. Runs around a lot (almost headless) and never developed in the time he was here - we can all point to the lack of goals and assists but the broader issue was that HNM was positionally pretty poor and had one good game in five/ten

• Like 6
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s possible he’s not as good as he thinks he is and as some of our fanbase did. Lovely hair, but you’d have to ask what he’s “for” as a player. Runs around a lot (almost headless) and never developed in the time he was here - we can all point to the lack of goals and assists but the broader issue was that HNM was positionally pretty poor and had one good game in five/ten

Burnley wanted him!!!

As @petehinton says his Da’gent (French for Father and Agent! ???) priced him out of it.

Pure speculation, but I suspect the other clubs mentioned over the last 12 months ago found a similar problem.

Theres a lot made of his “headless positioning”, but Korey Smith was deployed similarly, to “rat” out the ball ahead of a safely positioned Marlon Pack protecting the CBs.  Korey wasn’t the CB screen, nor was Han-Noah.  Just like Matty James can stay in position because he has others doing a lot of legwork in front of him.  It’s probably why we saw the best of Han in those early days when 1) Brownhill played the disciplined role and 2) he formed a relationship with Palmer, but then with Nagy he didn’t.  Nagy never played the midfield role for us in the same way he did for Hungary.

Overall it’s a shame.

I think he’d really suit us with Scott gone.  I don’t expect to have many agreeing with me though.

• Like 14

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Burnley wanted him!!!

As @petehinton says his Da’gent (French for Father and Agent! ???) priced him out of it.

Pure speculation, but I suspect the other clubs mentioned over the last 12 months ago found a similar problem.

Theres a lot made of his “headless positioning”, but Korey Smith was deployed similarly, to “rat” out the ball ahead of a safely positioned Marlon Pack protecting the CBs.  Korey wasn’t the CB screen, nor was Han-Noah.  Just like Matty James can stay in position because he has others doing a lot of legwork in front of him.  It’s probably why we saw the best of Han in those early days when 1) Brownhill played the disciplined role and 2) he formed a relationship with Palmer, but then with Nagy he didn’t.  Nagy never played the midfield role for us in the same way he did for Hungary.

Overall it’s a shame.

I think he’d really suit us with Scott gone.  I don’t expect to have many agreeing with me though.

Always wonder what if fully fit and in the shape we had now, a Nagy-Smith-Brownhill- Massengo as first reserve for one of the first two in particular- could have done. Over time.

Could have been quite good I reckon but we will never know!

I wonder...

Bentley/Maenpaa

Pereira Kalas Baker DaSilva

Nagy Smith

Weimann Brownhill Eliasson

Afobe

Granted injuries! Kalas early, DaSilva early for half a season, Nagy early, Smith persistent spells at a time and Afobe just as he was getting going. For all but the whole season save for the Covid extension.

Weimann would not be a winger as such, insidieish wideish right forward and Brownhill could also drop back into a 3 when needed.

If set up well it's not bad..also if the injuries much reduced. 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Burnley wanted him!!!

Overall it’s a shame.

Think you’ll find it’s actually Monsieur Papa Dix-Pourcent ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I may be alone but I agree.

For me the best football we played last season was the first half at home to Luton where Han and Alex dominated the midfield with exactly the energy and intensity Nigel talks about.

The same could have happened with him and Knight imo.

It seems his career was and is being compromised by his father which is sad because the talent is certainly there.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I still feel even now he was one of those that got away. I aways wanted to play him further forward. 

Yep, the first home game I saw him in he was playing further forward, looked exceptional, and almost scored twice.

Sorry the way it worked out with Han, as I liked him as a player and would loved to have seen Han & Alex develop.

FWIW, I think there was a lot more behind the scenes, we had a spell when we were playing well and Han was part of our best run last season, but he slowly started getting edged out, I think at times unfairly as he deserved to keep his place. Han came to us as he wanted to play, so why would he sign a new contract and hang around if he is not getting game time. We made a big thing about then not playing him as he had not signed a contract and did not want to block a player who will be here next year, but have then done exactly that with other players since.

Still think he has a big future, also waiting for the money from Chelsea

• Like 1