IGNORED

Massengo - Signed for Burnley

On 27/08/2023 at 12:04, Davefevs said:

Burnley wanted him!!!

As @petehinton...

I think he’d really suit us with Scott gone.  I don’t expect to have many agreeing with me though.

Just me and you probably!

It's a shame it played out how it did because I reckon he'd have got gametime this season.

@Davefevs

Is there a drop off point for the compo? or is it open ended?

If, say he doesn't get a club 'til next summer (Unlikely I suppose) will we still get the compo as we were the last club he was registered for?

On another point (Very unlikely I know), given that in order to claim compo, we had to offer him at least what he was on, on his last contract, if he suddenly found that attractive because he couldn't get it elsewhere, could he come back if that was agreeable to both parties?
I (probably like you and a few others) thought he was a missed opportunity and was worth persevering with. Someone else said we've since blocked academy progress for one or two by buying in certain positions so keeping him wouldn't have left us in any worse situation than now, in that sense.... Financially a different matter of course... accept that!

Edited by Philly The Kid

56 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Why do you say over £1m?  

PFCC guidance.  If it goes that far.  We might come to a mutually beneficial amount if we could nab someone on loan / option to buy.  All a bit late in the day though.

Edited by Davefevs

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Loving the blind optimism on here.

We have just sold someone for £25m & Pearson has only been allowed to spend £700k.

Why does anyone seriously think he would get any money to spend now if we get another £1m?

I'm not sure we'll spend but just glad we've got extra money in the coffers than I was expecting from HNM. We'll need to spend in Jan so every bit helps.

• Confused 1