IGNORED

Massengo - Signed for Burnley

54 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Loving the blind optimism on here.

We have just sold someone for £25m & Pearson has only been allowed to spend £700k.

Why does anyone seriously think he would get any money to spend now if we get another £1m?

I’m getting sick of that question and it’s only been a few hours!

That £1m is more likely going to go to paying off Pearson and the coaches.

54 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We have just sold someone for £25m & Pearson has only been allowed to spend £700k.

Why does anyone seriously think he would get any money to spend now if we get another £1m?

I’m getting sick of that question and it’s only been a few hours!

That £1m is more likely going to go to paying off Pearson and the coaches.

12 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I can’t see any guidance to suggest £1m but every chance I’m not looking in the right place! 

image.thumb.png.423896fad1db462d2446b91de2294b59.png

3.1 Premier League ✅

3.2 22 ✅

3.3 part of City’s first team squad ✅

3.4 €3m (quite unique to have that fee already paid for a player) ✅✅✅

3.5 4 years ✅

3.6 I can only guess c£10k p.w….Burnley could be offering a lot more ✅

3.7 100+ appearances, French age group ✅✅✅

3.8 no idea what rumours are true

Thats a pretty solid set of justification.  The £1m(ish) I put in the past was just my guesswork based on other cases like Harvey Elliott, Cresswell, etc.  none of those had a previous fee of €3m either.

Does that make sense?

• Haha 1

• Admin

The knowledge that we will likely not make a loss this season will give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside as we labour to break down teams every fortnight at Ashton Gate. 

Who else is excited to think how much we can get for Conway in the Summer? Our balance sheet could look pretty exciting over the next two seasons ?

• Like 11
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

33 minutes ago, Ian M said:

The knowledge that we will likely not make a loss this season will give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside as we labour to break down teams every fortnight at Ashton Gate. 

Who else is excited to think how much we can get for Conway in the Summer? Our balance sheet could look pretty exciting over the next two seasons ?

That’s the real quiz 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

We will be the richest club in league 1?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

As it stands there is no rush to complete this by Friday, so it might be immaterial to us in this window.

I think the £1m+ quoted probably comes from me!

Wouldn’t they have to name their 25 man Prem squad for the period up until January by then?

I get he’s technically not under contract but unless they had a gap they couldn’t include him otherwise, could they?

Edited by GrahamC

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Out of Likes for the day.

So have 12 million virtual ones ?

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Wouldn’t they have to name their 25 man Prem squad for the period up until January by then?

I get he’s technically not under contract but unless they had a gap they couldn’t include him otherwise, could they?

Guess if they leave space…

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

This seems to be the game, stay in the league, rinse and repeat = More attractive for new owner/investor

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

Doesn't matter when we're back in the pub league! ☹️

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

To be fair, we’ve spent alot more than 700k this summer 

11 minutes ago, Riaz said:

To be fair, we’ve spent alot more than 700k this summer 

Yes, we have.

But this year we have got far, far more in than we’ve spent.

Semenyo was £10m, then small fees for Towler, Wilson & Low.

Bentley, Klose, Martin, Baker, Moore, Dasilva, Kalas & now Massengo all off the wage bill, as well. The small matter of £25m for Alex Scott.

Even at high end estimates of fees paid it was £1.3m spent in January & about £4.5m prior to Gardiner-Hackman’s £700k.

Not exactly like for like, is it?

Edited by GrahamC
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, we have.

Bentley, Klose, Martin, Baker, Moore, Dasilva, Kalas & now Massengo all off the wage bill, as well. The small matter of £25m for Alex Scott.

Even at high end estimates of fees paid it was £1.3m spent in January & about £4.5m prior to Gardiner-Hackman’s £700k.

No but as a loss making entity, making 20m losses a year, you wouldn’t expect us to spend massive amounts 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Ian M said:

How much for a seat at the table?

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, we have.

Yep and what you have to factor in is we are probably a a couple windows behind because we couldn’t spend much in previous windows. This squad could use another 3-4 players in the 1-2m range and the wages that come with them. We are short on quality. 

8 hours ago, Riaz said:

No but as a loss making entity, making 20m losses a year, you wouldn’t expect us to spend massive amounts 

Not sure that is true. We did have 20m losses through covid and maybe before without a sale but we won’t be near there again. Think with normal trading we’ll probably be more in the 8-10m losses range which is well under the 13m allowed through FFP. Is Lansdown’s to spend so if he doesn’t want to do up to 13m a season then that is fine. However, he should stop telling people he wants promotion if thats the case

• Like 8

• The title was changed to Massengo - Linked to Burnley