IGNORED

Massengo - Signed for Burnley

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Re red card, why not a penalty for holding in the area???

This is the question

In the middle of the pitch it's a freekick, so in the area it *should* be a penalty.

But there would also be 5 a game.

But how do you give it?*

Can't be just a pen, because then you're allowing Foster to get away with an elbow.

Pen + yellow because its obviously frustration at a foul not being given, but is lenient to an elbow

Pen + red for the team given the penalty seems counter intuitive, but is the right decision on both things individually. But doesn't account that the elbow doesn't happen if the pen is given for holding to start with

*obviously not all cases would be the same, if someone turns around and does a Zidane it's very different to a flailing arm catching someone without intent.

Will clarify, working in a bar at the moment so not had a clear view of the elbow, but was able to hear the commentary. 

Edited by transfer reader

Just now, transfer reader said:

This is the question

In the middle of the pitch it's a freekick, so in the area it *should* be a penalty.

But there would also be 5 a game.

But how do you give it?*

Can't be just a pen, because then you're allowing Foster to get away with an elbow.

Pen + yellow because its obviously frustration at a foul not being given, but is lenient to an elbow

Pen + red for the team given the penalty seems counter intuitive, but is the right decision on both things individually. But doesn't account that the elbow doesn't happen if the pen is given for holding to start with

*obviously not all cases would be the same, if someone turns around and does a Zidane it's very different to a flailing arm catching someone without intent.

I wasn’t watching that carefully, but was it an elbow or more of a shrugging off of a player holding him.

I’d rather we see plethora given and players learn to defend properly.  5 a game would happen for 1 game week and then we’d see the quick learners versus to dumb!

Pen + red I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I wasn’t watching that carefully, but was it an elbow or more of a shrugging off of a player holding him.

I’d rather we see plethora given and players learn to defend properly.  5 a game would happen for 1 game week and then we’d see the quick learners versus to dumb!

Pen + red I guess.

Proper elbow, its a definite red, side on angle shows it better rather than front on

• Thanks 1

Football nowadays is far too analysed. Both on the pitch by the officials and by pundits, media etc etc

A goal should only not stand if something clearly unfair has happened in the build up.

Marginal offsides, someone breaking wind during the build up...   **** off and please stop ruling out what fans want to see

GOALS.   People talk about the game going soft, and I totall agree.

Tonight's TV game has been the perfect example.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pen + red I guess.

Hadn't seen it clearly myself until just now

Was a proper elbow, so I'd say pen + red

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pen + red I guess.

I'd happily* see the 5 a game for a week or two or whatever it would take, but it would need all the officials to do it and I think its safe to say that would be very unlikely even if they were told to keep an eye on it.

It's a bit like refs booking players delaying a freekick, or a wall not being far enough back. I can remember being at a Mangotsfield game about 15-20 years ago where the opposing team had 5 players booked at the same time for not going the full 10 yards back.

However when they still refused the ref didn't give them second yellows for it because he knew he'd be abandoning the game. What started as strong refereeing ended with him almost putting himself into a corner of doing a last resort and getting the game abandoned.

*I'm sure I'd grumble at the 3 we'd give away

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Han-Noah should be involved tonight in their cup game at Salford.

A chance to shine, though he hasn’t played for over 4 months. They seem to have a big squad so may have to be patient for a PL appearance but it’s a long season.

I’m not really sure why they signed him. He couldn’t hack it at Championship level so can’t imagine he will pull up any trees in the Premier League.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

He played 99 games at Championship level under the age of 21, he could definitely 'hack it'...

How many of those performances were actually effective though? Him and Adam Nagy were two of the most underwhelming midfield signings in recent memory. I know it’s controversial but I honestly felt he flattered to deceive most of the time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

I’m not really sure why they signed him. He couldn’t hack it at Championship level so can’t imagine he will pull up any trees in the Premier League.

This has all been done to death and is now quite boring, everyone has their own views, fine.

Hopefully this thread is now just to see how he’s getting on for those who are interested. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

This has all been done to death and is now quite boring, everyone has their own views, fine.

Hopefully this thread is now just to see how he’s getting on for those who are interested. 

Don’t think unreasonable for people to continue to offer their opinions about him and his time here, however boring it is for others. If we could all have a veto over subjects we find boring there would be zero threads. 

3 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Don’t think unreasonable for people to continue to offer their opinions about him and his time here, however boring it is for others. If we could all have a veto over subjects we find boring there would be zero threads. 

But what is there new to say? If you want opinions of his time here then go look back at many thousands that have been posted. He’s gone, there’s nothing new to add surely?