IGNORED

Massengo - Signed for Burnley

Just now, ralphindevon said:

But what is there new to say? If you want opinions of his time here then go look back at many thousands that have been posted. He’s gone, there’s nothing new to add surely?

If there being nothing new to add was a rule, this forum would dead in the water. It’s not as if people commenting on his performances for Burnley is going to be insightful/fascinating reading, but fair enough if people want to do it. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

More than a little depressing that he'd rather sit on the bench for Burnley (for a league cup match, not even league), rather than play for us every week

Given our financial position, if HNM staying here meant we couldn’t sign Knight, I’m glad he’s gone. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

More than a little depressing that he'd rather sit on the bench for Burnley (for a league cup match, not even league), rather than play for us every week

He didn’t play every week not even close! He sits on the bench at Burnley in league cup ties as that was his best offer

I really would like to see him do well where ever he goes, but I’m glad he is somewhere else! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, REDOXO said:

He didn’t play every week not even close! He sits on the bench at Burnley in league cup ties as that was his best offer

I really would like to see him do well where ever he goes, but I’m glad he is somewhere else! 

He had a contract offer here right? When he was committed, he was a decent player and would have played 20+ games this season. 

I'd play him ahead of Williams. 

Edited by Bas's perfect hattrick
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Not sure that was the case financially but if I had to choose between them your right Knight is much better

I think Knight is more effective in our team and at our level than Massengo was, but Massengo is way ahead of Knight in terms of ability and has much more potential. Chalk and cheese on a technical level imo.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

He had a contract offer here right? When he was committed, he was a decent player and would have played 20+ games this season. 

So after a poor game v Leicester we’re back to Joe Williams not being worth a place, I see.

This is despite him arguably being the equal of Knight & James prior to that.

Massengo didn’t want to be here, I doubt he would have signed another contract even if he’d been playing so this is academic.

He’s moved on & so have we.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So after a poor game v Leicester we’re back to Joe Williams not being worth a place, I see.

Massengo didn’t want to be here, I doubt he would have signed another contract even if he’d been playing so this is academic.

I would say James and Knight have been a fair bit better than Williams this season. And that’s not me saying Williams has been poor. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Same as I’d go with Pearson’s opinion on Max and it obviously differs from yours, then!

You think that's Pearson's opinion?

Fair play I would bet anything that if the money was available max would have been replaced before the start of this season

• Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He didn’t want to be here there was nothing left in Bristol to photograph 📸🎥

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Yes he had a contract offer. What was in it who knows, but clearly he didn’t like it! He wasn’t starting that regularly even before he turned down the offer and the rest was they say is history. 

Not a chance he gets in ahead of any of our current midfield on any form he has shown for about two years now. 

Massengo has nice tight ball control, puts his body in well (Scott was brilliant at this) and had neat drag backs. I hope he does well at Burnley or anywhere else but he called time at Bristol City and the club wanted to go forward with players that wanted to be here and build a squad of players that would compete. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, frenchred said:

You think that's Pearson's opinion?

Fair play I would bet anything that if the money was available max would have been replaced before the start of this season

I think Nige is pretty happy with Max, regularly pays him compliments and explains the reasons.

Isn’t your comment above to same for any of our players?  How much money does it cost to get a better keeper of the right profile?

Here are the summer window GK signings:

image.thumb.png.0afbca63b1ce20c33ecda4644f3372f6.png

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think Nige is pretty happy with Max, regularly pays him compliments and explains the reasons.

Isn’t your comment above to same for any of our players?  How much money does it cost to get a better keeper of the right profile?

Here are the summer window GK signings:

image.thumb.png.0afbca63b1ce20c33ecda4644f3372f6.png

If anyone ever watches again the interview with Nige in the summer after he took over (the one when we signed James, King & Atkinson) he makes the specific point that he believes then we are “particularly blessed in the goalkeeping department” with Bentley & Max, so to suggest he isn’t a fan really is not based on reality.

As you say if someone offered us a Prem goalie for free on wages we could afford I’m sure he wouldn’t say no, but that simply isn’t going to happen.

He made it very clear this summer Max is now first choice & an injury aside I can’t see that changing.

• Like 2