IGNORED

Massengo - Signed for Burnley

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

What a load of rubbish when did he impress at city last season

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

£2.7m from memory. Certainly under £3m. The £7m talked about was nonsense 

Yep, €3m transfer fee.

The stupid thing is that with his contract fully amortised, the fee we’ve agreed with Burnley (rather than go to PFCC “tribunal”) means we make a transfer profit, because his asset value was £0!!!

The other huge advantage of him going to Burnley rather than abroad is it gave us the opportunity to add:

• add-ons, e.g. appearances, international caps, etc
  • a sell-on percentage

Whether we did or not is pure speculation, but I’d be disappointed if we didn’t at least get the sell-on inserted.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, €3m transfer fee.

The stupid thing is that with his contract fully amortised, the fee we’ve agreed with Burnley (rather than go to PFCC “tribunal”) means we make a transfer profit, because his asset value was £0!!!

The other huge advantage of him going to Burnley rather than abroad is it gave us the opportunity to add:

• a sell-on percentage

Whether we did or not is pure speculation, but I’d be disappointed if we didn’t at least get the sell-on inserted.

Has it been reported Dave that we settled on a fee rather than going to PFCC?

2 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I must have missed that game !

29 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Have we done OK out of this, in your opinion, @Davefevs? ?‍♂️

I honestly don’t know.  Hence why I was interested in the post earlier about £600k and its source.  I’ve not heard any numbers, just that the “fee” was agreed when Massengo first started talking to Burnley earlier this summer.  I don’t think the person will mind me putting that on here.  But he didn’t give me numbers or add-ins or anything like that.

FWIW even if we got the equivalent of the €360k we’d have got for him going abroad, but got a sell-on too, it would be beneficial/ better than just going abroad.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Massengo - Signed for Burnley
20 minutes ago, George Rs said:

He doesn’t? 

I must’ve been dreaming when I thought we signed that Taylor Gardener-Hickman bloke on loan from West Brom. Silly me

Ooooooooooh, I love a bit of sarcasm.  You big naughty boy. 

Was there no way of replying without you pretending to be funny and hard? 

The TGH loan deal wasn't a "typical" loan deal. 

Edited by Ghost Rider
  • Haha 1

On 30/08/2023 at 18:21, Ian M said:

The knowledge that we will likely not make a loss this season will give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside as we labour to break down teams every fortnight at Ashton Gate. 

Who else is excited to think how much we can get for Conway in the Summer? Our balance sheet could look pretty exciting over the next two seasons ?

Yep, a great "nest egg" being built to spend on the "right players" when they become available.

Not quite sure who will be choosing these "right players" though of course?

1 hour ago, George Rs said:

He doesn’t? 

I must’ve been dreaming when I thought we signed that Taylor Gardener-Hickman bloke on loan from West Brom. Silly me

While technically a loan, this is clearly a permanent signing in all but name. Theres no way we pay a 700k loan fee for anyone without it being an effectively permanent transfer, the loan im sure is for some kind of accounting arrangement 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

While technically a loan, this is clearly a permanent signing in all but name. Theres no way we pay a 700k loan fee for anyone without it being an effectively permanent transfer, the loan im sure is for some kind of accounting arrangement 

I tend to agree.  But we do have the option of pulling out / sending him back.  The way Nige spoke yesterday, it was clear that he is at least intending to make this permanent.  Which is encouraging.  Two 22-year-old midfielders signed in this window, with over 150 Championship (JK 112 / TGH 52) games under their belts already before signing.  A bit of long-term thinking, especially when you look at James, King and Williams.

I think the loan fee was a compromise from both parties.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, €3m transfer fee.

• a sell-on percentage

Oh Dave. Your possible disappointment is duly noted. 

Im hopeful City inserted everything they possibly could! 

• Like 1