IGNORED

Massengo - Signed for Burnley

On 27/08/2023 at 12:04, Davefevs said:

Burnley wanted him!!!

As @petehinton says his Da’gent (French for Father and Agent! ???) priced him out of it.

Pure speculation, but I suspect the other clubs mentioned over the last 12 months ago found a similar problem.

Theres a lot made of his “headless positioning”, but Korey Smith was deployed similarly, to “rat” out the ball ahead of a safely positioned Marlon Pack protecting the CBs.  Korey wasn’t the CB screen, nor was Han-Noah.  Just like Matty James can stay in position because he has others doing a lot of legwork in front of him.  It’s probably why we saw the best of Han in those early days when 1) Brownhill played the disciplined role and 2) he formed a relationship with Palmer, but then with Nagy he didn’t.  Nagy never played the midfield role for us in the same way he did for Hungary.

Overall it’s a shame.

I think he’d really suit us with Scott gone.  I don’t expect to have many agreeing with me though.

I most definitely agree with you.........I expect his career to make an upwards trajectory under Kompany.  

18 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Good luck to HNM as others have alluded. Match of the day will certainly be of more interest with HNM, SEM, and BENTS (bench ) wonder how many starts he will have

What odds of all three being back in Championship next season? Luton might prevent that..

Yes it would be interesting if later on in the season we see a match with Massengo and Brownhill v. Scott, Semenyo and Kelly. 

• Like 1

I wasn’t expecting him to play any part yet. He hasn’t had a proper pre season and although he’s been training hard, on his own through the summer, it’s not going to get you Premier league match ready.

And it’s not like the Burnley players are looking for a rest, they’ve only played 3 games.

He’ll have to be patient but there’ll be opportunities as the long season gets going

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

I wasn’t expecting him to play any part yet. He hasn’t had a proper pre season and although he’s been training hard, on his own through the summer, it’s not going to get you Premier league match ready.

And it’s not like the Burnley players are looking for a rest, they’ve only played 3 games.

He’ll have to be patient but there’ll be opportunities as the long season gets going

FWIW I think Massengo is a long way short of being premier league standard.  Can see him being shipped out on loan in January, to a championship club or back to France.