IGNORED

Swansea City away match thread

1 hour ago, Henry said:

We seem to playing Bell and Sykes more narrow and closer to Wells. Looks far better.

Underrated comment from right at the start of the thread. There was lots to love today, but this for me was key. It gave us a much bigger threat ing the middle and Nahki someone to play off. We need more of this - When Bell is down the wing Sykes needs to be getting closer to Wells and vice versa. Made us much more dangerous. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It seldom seems to fall in our favour however.

That said, officiating at this level seems to be worse than ever.

So, I've been wondering how much worse it'll get when VAR comes in. Unless they magic up some competent officials from somewhere. Do you fancy this ref doing the VAR? Jesus, I'd rather see Bonnie Langford doing it.

• Haha 3

Sykes probably MotM . Two great finishes , the one that counted was a great piece of coolness. Worked tirelessly and caused them problems all day while keeping the right side solid.

Williams close though. Ball winner , covered every blade and his touch and energy getting us on the front foot was brilliant. 

The whole team were good , just wish we could put games to bed early. Created plenty , which is good, just need to finish better.

All round good day , unless you're the Ref and have to explain your decisions to someone who knows the Laws.

18 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

It really makes me sad to think exactly that, wtf is SL playing at, even a small piece of the Scott money would have freed up wages for a free transfer or a loanee or 3, AHH another case at Bristol City of what could have been!

If we can stay relatively injury-free and be knocking on the door around Christmas, then we might have a better chance of SL opening the purse strings in Jan.

The swans goal was against the run of play, and a bit soft. Even at that point I felt City would go on and win if they sustained the way they were playing. Very similar in this respect to the Hull game, where they were always in the game, always looked like scoring, but fell behind.  it's the Bell/Wells/Sykes combo that seems most threatening.

Looking at the table we've lost one against the team in second, lost in the cup against the team in third and drew against the team in fourth. Doesn't look like quite such a depressing start after all.

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Sykes probably MotM . Two great finishes , the one that counted was a great piece of coolness. Worked tirelessly and caused them problems all day while keeping the right side solid.

Williams close though. Ball winner , covered every blade and his touch and energy getting us on the front foot was brilliant. 

The whole team were good , just wish we could put games to bed early. Created plenty , which is good, just need to finish better.

All round good day , unless you're the Ref and have to explain your decisions to someone who knows the Laws.

Do any of them know the laws?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Is it hyperbole to say that Mark Sykes is our best player 

TBF he started last season brilliantly before he dropped off a little. 
A season on and that extra experience he looks tight back up to top performances, plus he adds goals now, great finish today.
Consistently good.

2 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Despite being a goal down, it’s a really encouraging start. The negativity on this thread just 15 minutes in whilst playing well is laughable pretty predictable

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Going forward at home but neither has Pring . I’m not judging Hickman at all , he’s only been here 5 minutes  , but I was glad when he went off . Tanner is a natural defender . 

TGH did seem to offer a much better ball at corners than we've had recently. Not that this is Tanner's thing. 

Edited by pj76