IGNORED

Phil Alexander Gone (Confirmed)

Selred

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

No he doesn't..... if he did then he would have SURELY be a name that was referenced during our FFP worries, and if he was a finance director, he would never have let things get to the point where there were concerns.

We all know (because we have read it on here) that everyone else who isn't him is responsible! ?

DMing you.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Whilst I’m more than happy to criticise Steve Lansdown where it is warranted — perhaps it is here - I’m going to play devil’s advocate here. Since Alexander joined, his profile has been pretty anonymous, we’ve had a disaster of a kit  launch, it has been pretty clear from Pearson’s interviews that he has been given confusing mixed messages about our transfer plans and the general sense of a steady ship we had under Richard Gould has given way to a sense we are lurching about without much of a strategy.

And yes - all of this could be due to Lansdown being passive, disinterested and a bit crap because he doesn’t want to own the club anymore but can’t find a buyer. But it could be that Alexander hasn’t been the right fit in terms of executing the club’s strategy and a parting of ways is actually the right thing to do…

Perhaps he’s looking to appoint the Brentford, Brighton, I mean Luton CEO. 

• Haha 4
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

This is a very good suggestion apart from one thing. SL has previously said he likes things to be run with a committee of one - himself. City could have any official management structure but, in reality, it would be SL who made the important decisions 

Oh I know. I know it falls on deaf ears. 

I will still set out my hopes and wishes, however unlikely they are to ever come to pass!

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Or perhaps they club think....

99% of supporters don't care who the CEO is, they just care that the team are playing well. 

This forum gives people who contribute to it the chance to demand information that 25 years ago we would never know and only find out if the Evening Post reported it, there must be huge numbers of supporters who have no knowledge or appreciation of FFP and a likelihood that most don't care.

All told, we (collectively) over think the most insignificant things and have an unquenchable thirst for detail that in all honesty, we have no right to know. 

None of the sensible posters here are "demanding" anything. 

• Like 4

Just now, Henry said:

Bit odd to not mention anything about a replacement or what the recruitment process will be.

ALEXANDER RESIGNS

We look forward to engaging in a shambolic and lengthy recruitment process, before appointing a mate of ours. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

It’s a club approved statement so one would imagine that the mention of Tins and Nige is significant. It’s probably the closest that we are going to get a vote of confidence for Nige, so maybe a new contract offer coming.

I would say the exact opposite IF the departing CEO has departed on bad terms.

• Like 2

Not sure he ever seemed a particularly good ‘fit’ with us. Whether that was because he was being tightly controlled from above or it was his own modus operandi, I suspect, we will never know.

Anyhows, can only hope Gould has had second thoughts about his dream cricket job  and wants to come back. If not, Gould set the bar and we need to match, preferably, exceed his qualities/abilities.

There is a lot to be optimistic and excited about Club and Bristol Sport-wise at present. So like us to cock it up, just as we’re on the verge of something special though! 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Will be interesting to see if he's replaced quickly or if there's another "rigorous process" about to commence. 

Can't help but think it'll be the latter. 

So, if the narrative is that SL doesn't want to give NP a new contract because it makes the club more attractive to a new owner (in the short term anyway, and not saying I think this is the case or not, cus I have no idea why he's adopted this attitude), would a similar argument apply to the recruitment of a new CEO? Would SL temporarily assume the role giving a new owner the chance to appoint a CEO?

(It's bordering on batsht crazy, and can only make any sense if a sale is imminent.)

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

Perhaps he was simply not good enough for the role. 

I dunno how you can be CEO of a club like Crystal Palace for 26 years if you’re not any good….

This isn’t the first time someone extremely well qualified, if anything a bit of a coup for the club, has come in and hasn’t been able to make change work

• Like 9
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 2

My question is, if this happened on Friday, when were the club planning on making an announcement?
It’s clear that they’ve had to rush a statement out at 8pm on a Sunday night after a 10 page thread had suddenly exploded on the forum. 
So they were pushed into making a statement this evening. When do we think they were actually planning on telling us? Couple of weeks?? 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 8

21 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Classic OTIB, couple of weeks ago PA was slagged off for being annomous, then does radio interview and slagged off for being prerecorded and  not taking questions.

Leaves the club and the usual suspects are up in arms with conspiracy theories as must be all SL's fault without having a clue why he has allegedly been asked to resign

As for the how shit are we as we have had 3 CEO's in 2.5 years brigade, that includes 1 everyone wanted to see gone, 1 who has gone up in the world to his dream job and now 1 we do not know why, but that makes us a shambles.

Sums up my feelings exactly!!!!

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

My question is, if this happened on Friday, when were the club planning on making an announcement?
It’s clear that they’ve had to rush a statement out at 8pm on a Sunday night after a 10 page thread had suddenly exploded on the forum. 
So they were pushed into making a statement this evening. When do we think they were actually planning on telling us? Couple of weeks?? 

Probably longer if they could help it. Let’s be honest, actual communication coming out the club is largely absolutely awful from the clubs urrr….market leading/world beating/award winning comms and media team

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I dunno how you can be CEO of a club like Crystal Palace for 26 years if you’re not any good….

This isn’t the first time someone extremely well qualified, if anything a bit of a coup for the club, has come in and hasn’t been able to make change work

It’s a different job to the one he had at Palace though?