IGNORED

Leicester City away match thread

33 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

His time in the game is almost up- he’s not a manager or a coach. He’s made the very best of what he’s got and there must be money in the bank. But Mrs V will probably burn through that quickly and she doesn’t look to me like the kind of girl to stick around when the lights dim and the credit tightens. It’s really never ever going to be as good as this for him and I’d bet that the future could be a bit tricky. So, I’d forget his silliness today, because in a year or three we won’t remember his name. 

He never looked like he was going to score without the penalty. Did the ref feel sorry for him?

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We battled away today, but ultimately outclassed.

Tanner had a very good game, as did Dickie.  Naismith and Pring were very brave, but not as good as first two.

I really liked what I saw from TGH when he came on, gave us a bit of composure on the ball and at the heart of us getting some possession in their half.

A nice week off, ready to go again v Stoke.

Composure is key. For all that Williams can do, he lacks this.

Edited by The Original OTIB
4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Composure is key. For all that Williams can do, he lacks this.

There was one point where he lost the ball with a sloppy pass in attack and didn't have the legs to track back so just covered a forward position instead, whilst James sprinted back (his best attempt at a sprint) to cover the counter attack.

I love James as a player, but eventually this side would benefit from a team of players that can all sprint to atone for their errors, or at least get back in position.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I really liked what I saw from TGH when he came on, gave us a bit of composure on the ball and at the heart of us getting some possession in their half.

Agree. Among the subs he had probably the better impact on the game: Weimann for exemple had good and bad moments. James still a class above other midfielders though.

• Like 1

Great reception for Nige, just as good if not better than when Ranieri first came back.

It was tough like I expected - very solid defensively and great commitment to get back in, block shots etc. I also haven’t seen a team swarm us as well as you did first half. Well coached and resolute but just lacked quality to get up the pitch consistently.

I was trying to compare it to Hull who were very similar in their stout defence. They were probably that touch braver which meant they got themselves a goal to defend but idk whether it was a lack of bravery vs the fine margins of Hull just managing to knit a few things together for a bit whereas you weren’t quite able to.

Your making it difficult aside, I was a bit disappointed with us first half, letting ourselves down in key moments and it’s obvious we’ve still got plenty of improving to do - everything could be a bit crisper and bit more fluid. Better second half & again we make teams suffer so they tire. Although when you changed the press after Cornick came on we looked a little unsettled at times, I fully expected you’d wilt completely after the goal.

I see another set of fans happy to give Vardy some stick but can’t back him giving any back. He’s done it for years to numerous fans and you love it when he’s yours. 

I remember you started well last season and fell off in the middle but that shouldn’t happen this year. Are goals the concern? Should be up around the top 10 and challenging for better but wonder if that will be what stops you?

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

As much as I agree with the general sentiment, it has to be said that we did get battered today. On another day we could quite easily have lost that game 3-0.

No shame given the opposite, but lets not romanticize the nature of today's game.

Yep 1-0 flattered us but we battled hard. We created nothing. 

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Ostrich said:

I remember you started well last season and fell off in the middle but that shouldn’t happen this year. Are goals the concern? Should be up around the top 10 and challenging for better but wonder if that will be what stops you?

Last season things started to go downhill when our small squad was hit by injuries and we were left playing CMs and FBs at CB.

This season we have an even smaller squad and just as many if not more injuries but not concentrated into any one position so much and actually have the prospect of players returning in the next month. (Our biggest loss atm is Tommy Conway who is likely to be our top scorer this season)

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, East Londoner said:

You have to wonder how on earth Leicester managed to get relegated with what they had at their disposal 

Also as a wider point walking past the rugby ground heading to the game made me realise that Leicester isn’t that different to Bristol but has the benefit of being a one team city 

Are you telling me that there's another team in Bristol? I'm shocked!

• Haha 1

Surprised to see anyone complaining about Vardy’s celebration. That guy is a legend of the English game. What a goal scorer and character. Getting shithoused by Vardy is one for the travelling fan’s bucket list. A badge of honour. Running the length of the pitch to mock Bristol City fans, it was hilarious. Not like he’s an ex gashead or anything 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Bedred31 said:

His time in the game is almost up- he’s not a manager or a coach. He’s made the very best of what he’s got and there must be money in the bank. But Mrs V will probably burn through that quickly and she doesn’t look to me like the kind of girl to stick around when the lights dim and the credit tightens. It’s really never ever going to be as good as this for him and I’d bet that the future could be a bit tricky. So, I’d forget his silliness today, because in a year or three we won’t remember his name. 

Classy post... 

4 minutes ago, BUTOR said:

Surprised to see anyone complaining about Vardy’s celebration. That guy is a legend of the English game. What a goal scorer and character. Getting shithoused by Vardy is one for the travelling fan’s bucket list. A badge of honour. Running the length of the pitch to mock Bristol City fans, it was hilarious. Not like he’s an ex gashead or anything 

Agreed. Never understand when fans have a paddy when an opposing player gives a bit back. 

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’m all for giving youth a chance, but that’s two games now when Yeboah has looked like a fish out of water.  Would he have benefited more from a loan spell elsewhere?  He really looked way out of his depth today.

And an equal number where has hasn’t at all. Young player in inconsistent shock 

1 hour ago, Bedred31 said:

He’ll always get work as an Albert Steptoe lookalike. 

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, The Nest Egg said:

Yeboah is great, knocks everyone over like an excited spaniel 

He needs to start showing some composure on the ball. Got into a couple of good positions in the box, but seemed to rush/mishit the final pass/shot

I'd have expected him to have calmed down a bit by now.

Are beta blockers legal for footballers to use? Can he practice some zen meditation?

6 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

He needs to start showing some composure on the ball. Got into a couple of good positions in the box, but seemed to rush/mishit the final pass/shot

Are beta blockers legal for footballers to use? Can he practice some zen meditation?

Hes very raw, and very quick, its almost as if hes playing to track back and press, which hes very good. At, but at the moment hes not having much impact offensively.

Just now, Shauntaylor85 said:

I still think Bell is massively overrated. 

By who? Who is going round saying he's the Dogs Bollocks?

14 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

He's a 17 year old kid with about 90 league minutes IN TOTAL under his belt...................wow.

• Like 10