IGNORED

Ipswich Town home match thread

Cracking end to the game, if Cornick’s shot rolled in, damn! I thought officials had a bad game and maybe Max should’ve done better with their goal..

as for Yeoboah, he’s raw and that’s not his fault, experience will come his way, reminds me lots of Semenyo when he started out, he’ll come good 

can’t see Ipswich screwing this up though, this early on the top 2 don’t look like they’re gonna stop

Mixed emotions tonight - tough one to lose - some positives, too many negatives. 

Felt like a team struggling for a bit of confidence, composure and form, no doubt affected by the number of injuries we have and some fatigue for those remaining - feel like 4/5 key players more fit we wouldn't have lost that tonight.

Ipswich, enjoy the 3 points, actually expected much more from you given the way some of you talk yourselves up - clearly well drilled but execution lacking too often, minimal impact from subs and lucky to get all 3 points tonight TBH - I don't think you will go up this season IMO.

However - what I will say is this - I hope SL watches that tonight and it's a wake up call, a real time for reflection, that Ipswich under Ashton, are where they are, are moving past and ahead of us. Will they be the next club you want to emulate?! Or will you ask yourself why it didn't work here and why we are still treading water.

It's great to have an academy and a pathway but we shouldn't be relying on those players as we currently are. 

You want top 6, you talk about top 6 - invest in top 6. From the top to bottom of the structure. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 3
6 minutes ago, roddy-d said:

Difference there is they got players who will run at you & shoot. I actually thought the game was calling for mehmeti not yeboah.

Yes Nige bought him as a maverick and tonight we needed a maverick to open them up,surely he was worth a run  out we are struggling for creating so Mehmet must wonder how he is going to get a chance 

• Like 2

That was frustratingly close, especially the Cornick effort that so nearly crept over the line. Ipswich were better 1st half, although Conway should have given us the lead when he headed straight at the keeper from 8 yards, but City were better than the mob in the blue Arsenal kit 2nd half. Ipswich are certainly good going forward but their defence does give up chances. Let's see how we fare against the Welsh scum on saturday, another team starting to score goals for fun. 

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We’re just so midtable it hurts. Win one, lose one, draw one. I’m 40. I swear I’m going to be on my deathbed age 90 with us sitting 14th in the Championship, while Torquay or someone have just qualified for the Champions League.

You'd get good odds on that mate.....Worth a £10!!! 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

You will probably get a big response to that message, but at this point i think we are wholly incapable of doing anything in the championship other than treading water, at best, and. Guardiola couldn’t get much more out of the players if he had a go at it.

Guardiola wouldn't be able to buy all the best players in the world, so of course he wouldn't do better

1 minute ago, red colin said:

Yes Nige bought him as a maverick and tonight we needed a maverick to open them up,surely he was worth a run  out we are struggling for creating so Mehmet must wonder how he is going to get a chance 

Even I’m thinking he must of done something to upset Pearson 

2 minutes ago, Packman said:

What has Mehmeti got to do to get a run of games? Yeboah clearly not ready for championship football and needs a loan ASAP. 

Not be absolutely terrible the last time he got a chance?

Having said that I would have given him a go tonight, I thought Bell was poor & it was worth a try.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him move on in January, that’s assuming we still have the same manager by then.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We’re just so midtable it hurts. Win one, lose one, draw one. I’m 40. I swear I’m going to be on my deathbed age 90 with us sitting 14th in the Championship, while Torquay or someone have just qualified for the Champions League.

I'm 39. I've seen us play far too many seasons in League 1 to get too upset about us being reliably mid-table in the Championship. 

• Like 2