IGNORED

Cardiff City away match thread

I’ve got a very uncomfortable feeling, based on nothing but gut instinct, that this might just be Nige’s last game as our manager.. If not, I suspect it will happen in the next international break.

With such a small and depleted squad we need tremendous support to get behind the boys today.. I have absolutely no doubt they will give 100% although it may not be enough.  I hope that if we are beaten it is a performance which is a credit to Bristol City FC and the manager. That way it will make it more difficult for NP to be sacked.

After today, things calm down a little, with Sheffield Wednesday at AG next Saturday, followed by QPR away before the international break. With no midweek games, the pressure will be off a little and a few players will hopefully return from injury.

Today it’s going to be about character, commitment, and courage more than anything else on the pitch and the traveling fans can demonstrate all those qualities as much as the players.

Always believe, come on you Reds!

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Looks like we didn’t do to bad at Leeds after all. 3 up home to Huddersfield. 35 minutes gone 

Huddersfield lost 0-4 at home to Cardiff midweek, also lost 1-4 at Birmingham recently in amongst a couple of draws and a win.

When they lose, they tend to lose badly.

2 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

I’ve got a very uncomfortable feeling, based on nothing but gut instinct, that this might just be Nige’s last game as our manager.. If not, I suspect it will happen in the next international break.

With such a small and depleted squad we need tremendous support to get behind the boys today.. I have absolutely no doubt they will give 100% although it may not be enough.  I hope that if we are beaten it is a performance which is a credit to Bristol City FC and the manager. That way it will make it more difficult for NP to be sacked.

After today, things calm down a little, with Sheffield Wednesday at AG next Saturday, followed by QPR away before the international break. With no midweek games, the pressure will be off a little and a few players will hopefully return from injury.

Today it’s going to be about character, commitment, and courage more than anything else on the pitch and the traveling fans can demonstrate all those qualities as much as the players.

A number of people saying this. I can't see it myself, unless SL is blaming Nige for the injuries there's no way he'll sack him in these circumstances.....is there?

Just now, ralphindevon said:

A number of people saying this. I can't see it myself, unless SL is blaming Nige for the injuries there's no way he'll sack him in these circumstances.....is there?

Hope you are right, but I can see some warped narrative along the lines of Nige wanted to work with a small squad and look what happened….

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
4 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Nigel Pearson is a truthful, if at times blunt, individual. He has already told us , several times, his plan . He will quite simply honour his contract, and then consider his options. In my view he will either walk away from football (which he has indicated) or will get a better offer elsewhere as others will have seen how well he has done. 

Worried about this game's outcome and the possible effects on the following ones: assuming that the number of injuries won't decrease... optimistically I think we could lose narrowly today and draw the next two, pessimistically I wouldn't be surprised by a losing streak.

Surely a hard time for this group of players and the manager, and they deserve a lot of support. COYR!

Edited by Dan Robin
22 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

That would be an absolutely pathetic thing for Lansdown to do ahead of two easier games before the break 

6 minutes ago, tin said:

A mate’s just text me to say Conway’s out today as well. We’ll know for sure at 2pm

Would not be if he is dropped to the bench even if fit, looked to be struggling and has been a shadow of the player before injury (except his cameo against Rotherham), would come on as sub and may suit him more not to try and pace himself.